Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on buying Iphone from Apple.ie

Options
  • 24-10-2013 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Looking for some help, I am thinking of buying the Iphone 4s from Apple.ie but it says

"The unlocked iPhone 4, iPhone 4s and iPhone 5 will not work with CDMA-based carriers. An unlocked iPhone 5 may not support LTE networks in all other countries; contact service providers for details."

Can anyone tell me what this means ? Really i just need to know if it will work on meteor pay as you go just a bit afraid i will buy the phone and it wont work
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Really i just need to know if it will work on meteor pay as you go just a bit afraid i will buy the phone and it wont work

In short, yes it will.

There are two standards for mobile phones in the US - CDMA and GSM (the latter being what we also use and what you will buy from Apple.ie). So unless you are a Verizon subscriber, you do not need to worry.

LTE is Long Term Evolution, in other words, 4th Generation data network. Do you really need a 4G phone outside of Ireland? Do you even care what a 4G phone is? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    In short, yes it will.

There are two standards for mobile phones in the US - CDMA and GSM (the latter being what we also use and what you will buy from Apple.ie). So unless you are a Verizon subscriber, you do not need to worry.

LTE is Long Term Evolution, in other words, 4th Generation data network. Do you really need a 4G phone outside of Ireland? Do you even care what a 4G phone is? :D

Great thanks once it will work I'm Happy, I would like 4G but i won't spend an extra €200 for it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Great thanks once it will work I'm Happy, I would like 4G but i won't spend an extra €200 for it.

4G is a specific bill pay plan on top of that €200, so you would be paying Meteor extra per month again on top of that.

The 4S will work on Meteor and every other network around the world if you ever go travelling etc

Advertisement