Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving from B'bridge to Blanch - best route?

Options
  • 24-10-2013 2:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some advice please.....

I am leaving the Ballsbridge area tomorrow at 4pm and need to be in Blanchardstown, (Rosemount Business Park) for around 5 or as near to as I can.

Bank holiday weekend and leaving at the start of the work leave rush so obviously not too optimistic as I'd say it'll be mental getting out of town.

Just wondering what my best bet would be route wise, I don't have a sat nav.

Straight down the canal through islandbridge and through the Phoenix park or would it be better chancing going out the N4 and taking the m50 then off at J6 for Blanch?
    Or any alternative that might not be as busy even if it's slightly longer?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

You're gonna be snookered no matter what way you go I think. M50 might be your best bet, but Northbound traffic can get a bit hectic at that time of day.

You could chance going down through Irishtown and over the Eastlink bridge, then up Sherrif street and straight up through phibsboro and the navan road. But traffic there can be crazy too.

Bit of a coin toss tbh!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Thanks.

Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

You're unlikely to make it in an hour.

you could go down ringend/pearse st. over butt bridge and up the north circular road. If you knew how to go over the back of cabra/finglas it the easiest.
    But time is against you

Advertisement