Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the developer liable for????

Options
  • 24-10-2013 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi

I am living in my new build house now for nearly 3 years, I bought privately from a developer.

My question is what is the developer liable for after the sale has been completed. I ask this because one of the actuators in the heating system in the house has broke and we no longer get hot water due to this. I have also found out that the actuators used are very cheap models and have now been pulled due to breaking down all the time.

Should the developer change these FOC under the home bond agreement or should they change it anyway as the product should be covered under a 5 year warranty (which I did not receive)

Any info would be great,

Cheers

Matjay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I don't know but Id be surprised if they were liable for this, its a mechanical part and isn't part of the construction as such. Mike on here is an engineer think hes probably likely to have the best insight he seems to be pretty good in that regard.

Id suspect you would get better answers in the construction & planning forum TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

matjay wrote: »
    Should the developer change these FOC under the home bond agreement or should they change it anyway as the product should be covered under a 5 year warranty (which I did not receive)

No is the answer.

What 5 year warranty?

Homebond is for structure and is pretty useless imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matjay

MicktheMan wrote: »
    No is the answer.

What 5 year warranty?

Homebond is for structure and is pretty useless imo.

I read on the net that the actuators (Hortsman brand "sold via Heat Merchants with htier stamp on them") have a 5 year warranty, so the developer wont replace them if I ask ????

I can do it myself, just was checking before I spend my hard earned cash :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

matjay wrote: »
    I read on the net that the actuators (Hortsman brand "sold via Heat Merchants with htier stamp on them") have a 5 year warranty, so the developer wont replace them if I ask ????

In that case, get in contact with the developer and ask. If that doesn't work ,perhaps contact Heat Merchants to see if they can help.

Advertisement