Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well fitted t shirts for men?

• 24-10-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

So I have been lifting for about a year and a half now and have built up a decent amount of muscle.And what I have realised is that 99 percent of clothes are for people who are do you even lift status.It is difficult to find t shirts that look good.Anyone got any suggestions for good brands that typically fit well on someone with some muscle?Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ivan.Drago

Zara do decent plain t shirts in a slim fit and super slim fit style. They occasionaly will have long sleeve t shirts with similiar fits. Relatively inexpensive too. However if you have any sort of gut they won't suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Don't bother wearing t-shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nignag75

Don't bother wearing t-shirts.
    Im not really a fan of tanks or stringers or stuff likme that.Polos seem to fit well though alot of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

Superdry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I think he meant you should just go bare-chested to show everyone how swole you are.

• Advertisement

Superdry.

Harsh.

There are a lot of people that don't like tanks or stringers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nignag75

Harsh.

There are a lot of people that don't like tanks or stringers.
    Harsh?What?

Those stringers make me feel like I might aswell be naked,dont think I can pull them off ha

nignag75 wrote: »
    Those stringers make me feel like I might aswell be naked,dont think I can pull them off ha

You're no Hulk Hogan so.

Do you even lift?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Next have decent fitting t shirts

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Sometimes pennys t shirts are very good fitting and only 2.50 each. Cant go wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

Hollister or A+F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Just buy a bigger size for fup sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Buy one that feels one size too big.. then fill it. back to the gym now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Sports direct for gym t shirts! Inexpensive and most are good quality. Other than that, shop about and try the usuals- Next, Zara, Superdry etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

All clothes should be purchased in Tkmax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

JJayoo wrote: »

I have shopped in there

JJayoo wrote: »

Tried that once. Lost the will to live after five minutes. Shopping is unpleasant enough without having to squash into a shop like a sardine for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

when-i-wear-a-tight-shirt-how-i-feel.jpeg

Tight t-shirt, wtf, mtfu and stop being a nonce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

If i see you out in one of these, I WILL SHOOT YOU. And call you a TOSSER

FYTA%20ArcdeTriomphe'DeepVNeckTShirt.jpg

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    If i see you out in one of these, I WILL SHOOT YOU. And call you a TOSSER

FYTA%20ArcdeTriomphe'DeepVNeckTShirt.jpg

Hey that's my t shirt!

..I joke.. don't shoot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

chriity139 wrote: »
    Sometimes pennys t shirts are very good fitting and only 2.50 each. Cant go wrong

Ah c'mon now.

colman1212 wrote: »
    Ah c'mon now.

They fit me fine and im not exactly small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Under Armour

I'm a complete convert. Size and shape are great. Developed by an american football player so they understand a mans shape.

Not cheap but you didnt ask for cheap right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Do you even lift?

I too would also like to question the fact as if to the OP actually does lift ?

chriity139 wrote: »
    They fit me fine and im not exactly small

Colman is probably being a bit snobby.

He doesn't like to go to the Thrift Shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Genius in the powers court centre, dublin, have some great line. I like the replay, revolution and library t-shirts. They are excellent quality and a great fit

Colman is probably being a bit snobby.

He doesn't like to go to the Thrift Shop.

I use to be like that until the gf dragged me in and I was suprised with the quality of their clothes.

colman1212 wrote: »
    Ah c'mon now.

Ain't nothing wrong with pennies t shirts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

Ain't nothing wrong with pennies t shirts

There is a lot wrong. They have kept the price the same, but use a much lighter material than they did in 2009/2010, they were a good fit then and good value but now they are just ****. Dunnes did the same thing with regards the material of some of there t-shirts and socks, but they also increased the price.

• Advertisement

DM-BM wrote: »
    There is a lot wrong. They have kept the price the same, but use a much lighter material than they did in 2009/2010, they were a good fit then and good value but now they are just ****. Dunnes did the same thing with regards the material of some of there t-shirts and socks, but they also increased the price.
    All the better.

Now they'll rip when you flex.

Which is the name of the game.

DM-BM wrote: »

Dunnes clothes are overpriced but with regards to pennies t shirts I don't agree. Yeah, they're plain for 2.50 but material wise, you get what you pay for.

There's going to be a big raid carried out by the Fashion Police any time now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Dunnes clothes are overpriced but with regards to pennies t shirts I don't agree. Yeah, they're plain for 2.50 but material wise, you get what you pay for.

Go mad and get the 3 euro ones, they have pics on them and everything.

Go mad and get the 3 euro ones, they have pics on them and everything.

One word, Richie Rich:

Recession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭LaughOrDie

There's some websites that do tailor made for a good price - you send them your measurements.

http://www.itailor.com/

Haven't used it myself but it comes recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

One word, Richie Rich:

Recession.

My space invaders t-shirt cares not for your recession.

My space invaders t-shirt cares not for your recession.

Take one plain black t-shirt and one Tipp Ex pen and Presto!

Pong >>> Space Invaders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Under Armour

I'm a complete convert. Size and shape are great. Developed by an american football player so they understand a mans shape.

Not cheap but you didnt ask for cheap right?

Love under Armour gear.

Spent about $500 on gear in the US this summer, would have cost double that here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jimmyRotator

Love under Armour gear.

Spent about $500 on gear in the US this summer, would have cost double that here.

Where can one buy under armour gear in a brick & mortar establishment in Dublin if you please ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

spodoinkle wrote: »
    Hollister or A+F

I don't think the OP is 13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Where can one buy under armour gear in a brick & mortar establishment in Dublin if you please ?

Thanks.

No UA store unfortunately but you can get UA gear in some lifestyle sports shops but even at that, the selection isn't great

Thanks.

tkmax usually has a bit of under armour stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Topman do a nice selection of t-shirts for people who aren't fat. I'm getting tired of clothes assuming they need to account for a big belly.

Material is really important too.

Cotton is awful. Any sweat and it starts to stretch and lose its shape. As well as being clammy. Some of the newer synthetic high tech fabrics are amazing at managing sweat. You can also wash them 100 times without them losing their shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Do you even shop brah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Material is really important too.

Cotton is awful. Any sweat and it starts to stretch and lose its shape. As well as being clammy. Some of the newer synthetic high tech fabrics are amazing at managing sweat. You can also wash them 100 times without them losing their shape.

Could you be specific or do I just keep an eye out for high-tech sounding fabrics?

Zillah wrote: »
    Could you be specific or do I just keep an eye out for high-tech sounding fabrics?

Nope.

I've accumalated addidas, Nike, addidas, patagonia, UA shirts and they all name their fabrics differently. Dri-fit, HeatGear, capilene, etc.

Its all polyester really.

I just avoid cotton.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Hatfry

Nothing beats the feel of putting on a freshly-washed, crispy, well-fitted cotton t-shirt after a shower and a shave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Burton and Diesel have decent Tee's at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

spodoinkle wrote: »
    Hollister or A+F

If you can fit into a hollister T-Shirt you need to add weight to the bar.

I'm a large older gentleman. Jack & Jones T-shirts are a good fit and bulletproof. Good for about 100 washes, I buy the white ones and use them as vests under my work shirt in winter, they soak up sweat and don't smell.

Skater shops, the oversized T-shirts fit me like a dream (think Homer in the clown pants), are expensive but you'll be including them in your will. Animal in particular are made from the material on the underside of the space shuttle.

Superdry, zara etc all make me look like I should be dancing on top of a podium with a cowboy hat and a couple of glow-sticks.

Since you asked for "fitted" I presume you want people to be able to acurately measure the circumference of your nipples through them so for that reason... I'm out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement