Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet,relaxing places to wind down after work in the city centre?

Options
  • 24-10-2013 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm looking for some places in the city centre to wind down after work, have a nice cup of tea/chocolate/pint, read a book etc. No loud music or people talking loud.

Extra: I would love a jazz/piano playing in the background :)

I've been spending some time in the Library Bar (which is amazing) but I need a couple of alternatives to mix it up.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Neary's on Chatham street is always good for a quiet pint and a read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

I don't think there is any such place, everywhere in the city is busy in that kind of early evening period.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I don't think there is any such place, everywhere in the city is busy in that kind of early evening period.
    Wow.

Accents Tea/Coffee shop on Stephen St (off George's St) is plush, quiet and they have books. Think leather sofas and chairs, bookshelves. The basement is particularly nice.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

The Long Hall on Georges Street - it's a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭skwinty

The Third Place in Smithfield Square is lovely too, although may be a little loud. But they also have books you can actually take away and return or swap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

Great recommendations, keep em coming! I completely forgot about The Third Place, even though I live right next to it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

You've just said on another thread that you don't drink so WTF are you doing giving advice on this topic especially when it's wrong?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87175314&postcount=9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

The tea garden on ormonde quay is probably one of the most relaxing places in the city centre. Open til 11pm also.
    No alcohol but that's a trade-off for quietness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

If it's a nice day the circular garden next to the Chester Beatty Library is nice to sit with a coffee and read. One to keep in mind for summer time maybe.

Advertisement