Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

250 new jobs for Waterford

Options
  • 24-10-2013 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Call centre Eishtec has won another contract to provide smart phone technical support in the UK.The company started trading in May 2011 with just 9 employees.Their headcount now stands at 700 people and they hope to employ 950 by the middle of next year between the offices at the Cleaboy Business Park and in Wexford. Recruitment for the new positions has already started.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

jennygirl wrote: »
    Call centre Eishtec has won another contract to provide smart phone technical support in the UK.The company started trading in May 2011 with just 9 employees.Their headcount now stands at 700 people and they hope to employ 950 by the middle of next year between the offices at the Cleaboy Business Park and in Wexford. Recruitment for the new positions has already started.

Finally, a bit of good news for the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Are all the new jobs to be in Waterford? I know the last few jobs were in Wexford weren't they? With this, feed henry, nypro, the new glanbia plant and all the nice work being carried out around the city hopefully it will spell the beginning of Waterfords revival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

150 jobs for waterford, 100 for wexford. Everyone seems to be reporting 250 for Waterford for some reason. Great news all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

fair play to eishtec, enterprise Ireland and the government

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Everyone seems to be reporting 250 for Waterford for some reason. Great news all the same.

Eishtec creates 250 jobs in Waterford and Wexford
    AN IRISH CUSTOMER contact solution provider, Eistec, is to create a further 250 jobs for its sites in Waterford and Wexford by mid-2014.

http://www.thejournal.ie/jobs-waterford-and-wexford-eishtec-1145413-Oct2013/

Not everyone :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

any Whatever Noel Frisby is purpose building on the old Waterford Crystal Site --- more jobs to come hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Great news. 150 technically advanced, high paying jobs for Waterford.

Take that Cork / Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

"technically advanced, high paying"......yeaaaahhh.....

150 Jobs that will surely boost our chances of a university.

These jobs are welcome compliment to the all the high paying Pound shops that have openned in recent times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

dzilla wrote: »

These jobs are welcome compliment to the all the high paying Pound shops that have openned in recent times

Am i missing something here? and this is not aimed at anyone working for these arse holes.

Minium wage, a pound shop probably would pay better. Not a good company to work for. These jobs are contracted based for other companies which will pull the plug when they feel like it. Its a call center people have short memories . What happened to AOL? Contract based call centers are the worst possible call centres to work in.

Why isn't Waterford attracting high skilled well paid jobs ? Or multi nationals companies such as Google, Intel, HP the list goes on.
    I really cant understand people jumping for joy over this . or the attitude a job is a a job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

There is nothing wrong with low skilled jobs. Not everybody has the ability to get the qualifications needed for jobs in multi national companies such as Google, Intel, HP etc. Waterford needs all kinds of jobs to overcome its jobs crisis. Credit to Eishtec for winning a contract, shame on the government for spinning it that they have achieved something for Waterford. When Burton gets a Google, Intel or HP for Waterford then he can come down for a photo op. Other than that he has done nothing as far as I am concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

BBM77 wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with low skilled jobs. Not everybody has the ability to get the qualifications needed for jobs in multi national companies such as Google, Intel, HP etc. Waterford needs all kinds of jobs to overcome its jobs crisis. Credit to Eishtec for winning a contract, shame on the government for spinning it that they have achieved something for Waterford. When Burton gets a Google, Intel or HP for Waterford then he can come down for a photo op. Other than that he has done nothing as far as I am concerned.

Im not saying there is anything wrong with low skilled jobs as long as the staff are not used and abused. But all we are hearing the last few months is Eishtec.
    Longterm call centers are going to do nothing for Waterford.

Am i missing something here?

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Hate to pour scorn on this news but Eisthec hardly has good press now does it? Its supposed to be one of the worst places in Waterford to work, with lots of accounts, including here, of bullying, overwork, poor pay and impossible deadlines. 250 new jobs in a place famed for high turnover isnt the same as say, Nypro and its associated high skilled workforce. Nothing against call centres, but with so much bad press for Eisthec- what is it they say, no smoke without fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

I think the fact that so few ExTalkTalk stayed for very long there speaks for itself.

Smart people will save as soon as they get a job and emigrate. Plenty have already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

From what I've heard, its a tough working environment. 9 euro an hour, and very difficult bonus targets with very little chance of career progression. Having said that, good luck to them, and its nice to see any jobs announcement for Waterford and the south east, regardless of what the company may be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Am i missing something here? and this is not aimed at anyone working for these arse holes.

Minium wage, a pound shop probably would pay better. Not a good company to work for. These jobs are contracted based for other companies which will pull the plug when they feel like it. Its a call center people have short memories . What happened to AOL? Contract based call centers are the worst possible call centres to work in.

Why isn't Waterford attracting high skilled well paid jobs ? Or multi nationals companies such as Google, Intel, HP the list goes on.
    I really cant understand people jumping for joy over this . or the attitude a job is a a job.

AOL/TalkTalk was not a contract based centre, it was the on-shore base for AOL UK Broadband and then the main onshore based centre for TalkTalk UK, until TalkTalk made a business decision to close the centre and outsource the jobs. The closure wasnt due to the loss of a contract. Just wanted to point that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

dzilla wrote: »

Country doesnt need another university. There is too many 3rd level colleges in Ireland already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Country doesnt need another university. There is too many 3rd level colleges in Ireland already.

the SE does need a University for various economic reasons, the Hunt report backed that up. If we have too many 3rd levels, maybe we should cut the ITs from Galway/Limerick/Blanchardstown/Tallaght as they are well served already

Google and top companies wont move to Waterford as anything it can offer, its already in Dublin.

If my company moved to Waterford, I just quit and stay working in Dublin, for many reasons but i name a few:

1)Waterford Town etc is non-existant
    2)If company had layoffs, there be no similar jobs
    3) Lack of things to do with kids, ie Zoo etc

• Advertisement

Google and top companies wont move to Waterford as anything it can offer, its already in Dublin.

If my company moved to Waterford, I just quit and stay working in Dublin, for many reasons but i name a few:

1)Waterford Town etc is non-existant
    2)If company had layoffs, there be no similar jobs
    3) Lack of things to do with kids, ie Zoo etc

troll, pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Hate to pour scorn on this news but Eisthec hardly has good press now does it? Its supposed to be one of the worst places in Waterford to work, with lots of accounts, including here, of bullying, overwork, poor pay and impossible deadlines. 250 new jobs in a place famed for high turnover isnt the same as say, Nypro and its associated high skilled workforce. Nothing against call centres, but with so much bad press for Eisthec- what is it they say, no smoke without fire.

I hear the Wexford office is the same. Very surprised that it goes on in this day and age.

Max Powers wrote: »
    troll, pathetic

I ain't trolling for godsake, ye asked for reasons and i gave it. I worked in IT for over 10 years so feel valid to answer the question.

the SE does need a University for various economic reasons, the Hunt report backed that up. If we have too many 3rd levels, maybe we should cut the ITs from Galway/Limerick/Blanchardstown/Tallaght as they are well served already

I would agree with those cuts, I would have a unversity in limerick/cork/galway/dublin.

Amount of IT's in Dublin is stupid, would close half them.

Why does the SE need a university, I am from the south east and cant see any reason why.

Because I dont agree with your views, I went to college there, i drop down every 6 months to the city.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

troll, pathetic

Attack the post, not the poster, you can not accuse someone of being a troll.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

I would agree with those cuts, I would have a unversity in limerick/cork/galway/dublin.

Amount of IT's in Dublin is stupid, would close half them.

Why does the SE need a university, I am from the south east and cant see any reason why.

First off the economic reason, region is performing below where it should be.lower av incomes, etc
    population of SE is bigger than west
    just having Unis in Limerick, Cork, Gal and Dub ignores the SE region.

A uni would help attract those businesses we need and all othe regions seem to be getting.

Attack the post, not the poster, you can not accuse someone of being a troll.

fair enough, you're right. my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 38,253 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Didn't make the cut for the jobs

Bollocks anyway

Ah well there loss

Best of luck to anyone else applying for jobs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

First off the economic reason, region is performing below where it should be.lower av incomes, etc
    population of SE is bigger than west
    just having Unis in Limerick, Cork, Gal and Dub ignores the SE region.

A uni would help attract those businesses we need and all othe regions seem to be getting.

Waterford IT is so far off being a university its laughable when someone suggests it.

In an ideal world the SE would have one but its actually not even possible no matter how many politicians want it.

Advertisement