Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

250 new jobs for Waterford

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Waterford IT is so far off being a university its laughable when someone suggests it.

In an ideal world the SE would have one but its actually not even possible no matter how many politicians want it.

I'm sure Galway thought the same way back when. A defeatist attitude gets you nowhere. And BTW - it's the people who need it. Whatever about politicians "wanting it". Remember this gem:

http://www.munster-express.ie/local-news/fine-gaels-university-pledge/

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Not gonna read all that but if it was that easy it would have been done? Why would the government not do it if it meant more jobs?

Anyone who has attended there recently or does attend will know how far away it is from a University. I agree that it would be good to have one but just pointing out the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Not gonna read all that but if it was that easy it would have been done? Why would the government not do it if it meant more jobs?

Anyone who has attended there recently or does attend will know how far away it is from a University. I agree that it would be good to have one but just pointing out the facts.

I see where you're coming from. But look around you - anywhere they've dropped one the City's have rocketed in prosperity and size. It is an absolute prerequisite for Waterford City getting back on its feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

There's slaves with more rights and say than eishtec employees, stay clear the job is nothing but a government funded trap. Terrible money and you'll be run into the ground to earn it, worst 8 months of my life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 SnakeDrake

Only Belfast makes more fuss about winning these crap jobs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

irish people can never be happy

Advertisement