If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV

Options
  • 24-10-2013 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, currently have a 28 inch Samsung. Looking to upgrade next month when I pick up my PS4, looking for a 40 - 42 inch screen with a budget of around €400 - 450. Anything in stock?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Scumball, thanks for the post.

Unfortunately lots of the TV's that we would have which fall into the budget are in-store only so you could come and collect if you preferred.

My biggest issue is that if you are looking to use this with the PS4, I would not recommend buying a cheap 42" as the motion handling and image quality will not make the most of the PS4.

I would suggest either looking at a very good 32" to replace what you have or if your budget can stretch then move up in 42" model to something that will give a much better image.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/panasonic-tx-l32e6b

This on any currently games console is amazing.

Panasonic TXL32E6 - £369.95 / €449.99 - Half price Boardie delivery - £6.95 / €7.99

Alternatively, the LG 42LN570V is the 42" that I would recommend which is £449.95.

http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-42LN570V/technical-specifications

This comes with a free wifi adaptor worth £29.95. Delivery of this would be £12.99.

I would recommend this as a starting point on the 42" scale as the less expensive models are not ideal for gaming on.

Biggest isn't always best but let me know what you think.

Many thanks

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.