Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4, Episode 3 - Isolation [Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ron jambo

Really looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Could we keep this to episode content only please and not mention 'next week on Walking Dead' that appears at the end of each episode? I hate the way AMC do this and race to turn the episode off before I hear something, last week's thread had a mention of content that I'd rather not have seen.

Roll on ze morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ron jambo

[prob not read next esp crap then / QUOTE=ron jambo;87216277]Really looking forward to this.[/QUOTE] :P:pac::P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

good episode, the shot with the massive zombie horde was class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

echoed a tyrese bit from the comics, couldn't tyrese and don jump up and down in the car get some purchase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Why aren't all the sick people locked into cells? All it will take is for one of them wandering around to turn and the rest are all zed food.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭kalych

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Why aren't all the sick people locked into cells? All it will take is for one of them wandering around to turn and the rest are all zed food.

Probably because the healthy do not want to go in there and the sick themselves do not care as much since they are all probably dying. The healthiest of them, like Glen just want to stay away from the others by staying on the top level or the stairs.

But yeah, you would think they would organise themselves a little better.

kalych wrote: »
    Probably because the healthy do not want to go in there and the sick themselves do not care as much since they are all probably dying. The healthiest of them, like Glen just want to stay away from the others by staying on the top level or the stairs.

But yeah, you would think they would organise themselves a little better.
    If it was me in there I would want to be safe from the others and also protect the others from myself. Even a piece of rope to tie the door closed would work. If I turned I wouldn't be able to get out and if someone else turned and I was too weak to protect myself, they wouldn't be able to get in. It is a huge oversight to simply let them walk around. Some of them have been infected longer than others and probably won't make it until the medication arrives (if it arrives at all).

Plus if the medication does arrive, it would be safer for the healthy people to go in knowing that any zeds are locked up, saving valuable time to get to sick people.

Carl seems to be returning to the dark side. Rick is oblivious to his faults but I get the feeling Hershel is afraid of what he will become. Carl knows Hershel can see through him and I can see their relationship taking a dark route.

Wonder will Rick tell Ty that Carol is the murderer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Utterly boring episode. Everyone's still sick... okay? Carol killed those people... who cares? Herschel is looking after people... grand? The only compelling bit was the shot of the horde which will, presumably, eventually reach the prison and cause an evacuation. Which is where I hope that goes because the prison arc has been murdered.

Also, before someone goes on the high and mighty "gawd, people just can't stand an episode that doesn't have zombies being killed every 5 seconds" rants, I really don't care. If the writing was good enough at this stage for them to get away with slow-paced episodes without relying on the zombie threat, I'd be all for it. But it, very simply, is not. The writing has gotten to the stage of being terrible and Andrew Lincoln is phoning it in, probably because of that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Carl seems to be returning to the dark side. Rick is oblivious to his faults but I get the feeling Hershel is afraid of what he will become.

He's becoming Shane.

That whole "you know I might have to do it, right dad?" scene Carl had with Rick definitely had echoes of what Shane said about the kid they were going to kill back at the farm. And Rick isn't oblivious, he knows. The camera zoomed in on his face after that scene and you can tell he's worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

so it crazy carol that killed Karen i didnt see that coming i had a feeling it was bob

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Utterly boring episode. Everyone's still sick... okay? Carol killed those people... who cares? Herschel is looking after people... grand? The only compelling bit was the shot of the horde which will, presumably, eventually reach the prison and cause an evacuation. Which is where I hope that goes because the prison arc has been murdered.

Also, before someone goes on the high and mighty "gawd, people just can't stand an episode that doesn't have zombies being killed every 5 seconds" rants, I really don't care. If the writing was good enough at this stage for them to get away with slow-paced episodes without relying on the zombie threat, I'd be all for it. But it, very simply, is not. The writing has gotten to the stage of being terrible and Andrew Lincoln is phoning it in, probably because of that fact.
    Really? What episode have you liked till now then if you dont like this?

Kirby wrote: »
    He's becoming Shane.

That whole "you know I might have to do it, right dad?" scene Carl had with Rick definitely had echoes of what Shane said about the kid they were going to kill back at the farm. And Rick isn't oblivious, he knows. The camera zoomed in on his face after that scene and you can tell he's worried.
    I missed that scene (was getting a drink and not paying attention). The Shane analysis is spot on.

I hope Glynn doesn't die :( He saved Rick in Season 1 and was constantly being used as zed bait (remember when they lowered him into the well on the farm). He's a good guy and deserves to live but the apocalypse is cruel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

How did Rick identify Carol was the murderer from the bloody hand print on the door, or was it a guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Carol wrecks my head. She needs to get got.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭kalych

smcgiff wrote: »
    How did Rick identify Carol was the murderer from the bloody hand print on the door, or was it a guess?

Probably has something to do with her risking her life to fix the water pipe. Rick could see she wasn't thinking straight with her motherly protective instincts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

The seasons already dragging, there line of story line to drama as in whats going on is getting worse bye the week, its taken 2 epsiodes to relise they needed anitbiotics!

That would of been the most important point with in the current story but insted they went for, this half assed story that could of been told in two episodes. The season has no momentum its slow and in 10 to 16 epsoides then they ramp it up and make it sloppy towards the end of the season.

Walking deads a great show how ever Im starting to see the biggest problem is the lack of direction zombie/drama isnt down to production or the over all direction its the editing its so poor and so drgged out I found my self pausing it at times to see how long I had left in order to calculate what was going to happen next I think over all theres a lot of unnecessary claptrap with in the past 3 episodes and its beginning to look very sloppy

I thought it was a very poor episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

all this talk of a flailing story arc when it's just getting interesting for me..

The radio voice - beacon or live transmission? Most likely a beacon akin to 28 days later with promises of curing the infection.

The Zombie hoard - why have they all gathered at the same place? must be some type of stimuli drawing them there. Another group, civilization perhaps?

Carol's admission, Tyreese's quest for justice/revenge.

Herschell's speech was excellent. The act just as much, and the doctor involuntarily coughing blood into his face, and Herschell removing the mask was pure class.

As well as all the other background stories. I thought this was a great episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

I enjoy how these people continue to make such epically bad decisions on a day to day basis, never mind the fact that they haven't really formulated any long term plan for survival! Despite the military vehicles they have at the prison now, Daryl chose a fast sports car instead with no thought of the consequences of running into a horde.. which has obviously happened so many times.

Also, with all their runs for supplies, you'd think they'd grab some materials to strengthen their defense.. that chain link fence ain't gonna survive the onslaught of that horde!!

Aside from the obvious face-palm inducing silliness of the character's bad decision making, I like this season's episodes so far. I've never had any expectations for this show to suddenly pick up pace. I find the mundanity of every day life can be interesting enough to watch.

Carol is great this season. It was obvious from the get go that she was the one who burned those two. She's so intent on protecting the group. I know it wasn't the best way to go about it, but c'mon.. those two would have turned eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Was a good filler episode, next weeks is going to be a bit of the epic side !

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Was a good filler episode, next weeks is going to be a bit of the epic side !
    *needs head bashing emoticon*

smcgiff wrote: »

a very small handprint

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

all this talk of a flailing story arc when it's just getting interesting for me..

The radio voice - beacon or live transmission? Most likely a beacon akin to 28 days later with promises of curing the infection.

The Zombie hoard - why have they all gathered at the same place? must be some type of stimuli drawing them there. Another group, civilization perhaps?

Carol's admission, Tyreese's quest for justice/revenge.

Herschell's speech was excellent. The act just as much, and the doctor involuntarily coughing blood into his face, and Herschell removing the mask was pure class.

As well as all the other background stories. I thought this was a great episode.

I hope your right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I didnt see that ending coming, would never have guessed Carol did it, she is showing a much darker side to her this season. Despite that though it wasnt a great episode, lots of little silly things that characters do that dont make sense or feel out of place with their previous stance; example Hershel wandering off to the woods alone. I mean, there are hundreds of zombies at the main gate and yet we are expected to believe that there are only a handful on the other side of the prison? Even if there is less noise, its a bit much to swallow.

Also, why did Daryl leave about a 15 second gap before he decided to back up to escape from the horde. Oh yeah he had to pause for dramatic affect so the audience could see the numbers. Would have been much better had the camera swung around as he was reversing. :rolleyes: And also, Tyreese was surrounded by loads of walkers and he managed to fend them ALL off. Whereas we know from earlier eps that it only takes a swift bite in the leg/arm/neck and you are dead in 60 seconds but Tyreese just breezes past. Theres a fine line between being dramatic and making sense. The radio voice is interesting but knowing this show it will be Season 6 before we know the source, by which point another few million will have given up on the show.

Its at a crucial point now, it needs to up the momentum big time or I can see myself just giving up on it altogether before mid season..

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

I didnt see that ending coming, would never have guessed Carol did it, she is showing a much darker side to her this season. Despite that though it wasnt a great episode, lots of little silly things that characters do that dont make sense or feel out of place with their previous stance; example Hershel wandering off to the woods alone. I mean, there are hundreds of zombies at the main gate and yet we are expected to believe that there are only a handful on the other side of the prison? Even if there is less noise, its a bit much to swallow.

Also, why did Daryl leave about a 15 second gap before he decided to back up to escape from the horde. Oh yeah he had to pause for dramatic affect so the audience could see the numbers. Would have been much better had the camera swung around as he was reversing. :rolleyes: And also, Tyreese was surrounded by loads of walkers and he managed to fend them ALL off. Whereas we know from earlier eps that it only takes a swift bite in the leg/arm/neck and you are dead in 60 seconds but Tyreese just breezes past. Theres a fine line between being dramatic and making sense. The radio voice is interesting but knowing this show it will be Season 6 before we know the source, by which point another few million will have given up on the show.

Its at a crucial point now, it needs to up the momentum big time or I can see myself just giving up on it altogether before mid season..

I'm going to take a guess you've not read the comics no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Nope. Dont really have a desire to either, Im taking the show for what it is. Whatever about the comic roots, they managed to make the audiences believe in walkers and desperate situations in Seasons 1 and 2 (to a lesser extent, Season 3). Now its just getting a bit too protracted and dull. They need to speed things up a bit before indifference sets in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 johnnyjohnjohn

Anybody else think that the water there pumping to the prison could be contaminated,
    i see character relationships are starting to deteriorate,over this sickness,peoples tempers are starting to flare,the good old rick seems to be coming back,
    also the size of the horde that stopped the car at the end of the episode christ gave me goosebumps..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I remember reading stephen King's Cell yonks ago. the "zed's" in it or whatever they were had some kind of horde instict built in they gathered into large groups and moved together like flocks of migratory birds.

maybe its the same with the walkers

they form hordes intictually.

Advertisement