Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4, Episode 3 - Isolation [Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Anybody else think that the water there pumping to the prison could be contaminated,
    i see character relationships are starting to deteriorate,over this sickness,peoples tempers are starting to flare,the good old rick seems to be coming back,
    also the size of the horde that stopped the car at the end of the episode christ gave me goosebumps..

I played with this idea but then everyone would be infected? So many references to water and lots of people coughing suggests they want us to keep guessing...

Zombies rotting in the water supply in guessing but only because of the moss zed from Herschel and carls scene

Anybody else think that the water there pumping to the prison could be contaminated,
    i see character relationships are starting to deteriorate,over this sickness,peoples tempers are starting to flare,the good old rick seems to be coming back,
    also the size of the horde that stopped the car at the end of the episode christ gave me goosebumps..

I played with this idea but then everyone would be infected? So many references to water and lots of people coughing suggests they want us to keep guessing...

Zombies rotting in the water supply in guessing but only because of the moss zed from Herschel and carls scene

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Nope. Dont really have a desire to either, Im taking the show for what it is. Whatever about the comic roots, they managed to make the audiences believe in walkers and desperate situations in Seasons 1 and 2 (to a lesser extent, Season 3). Now its just getting a bit too protracted and dull. They need to speed things up a bit before indifference sets in.
    well ty's scene came straight from Issue 15 and is one of the standout moments so that was a great scene to see played out....there was other comic scenes there aswell.

LOSTfan57 wrote: »
    well ty's scene came straight from Issue 15 and is one of the standout moments so that was a great scene to see played out....there was other comic scenes there aswell.

How far ahead are the comics? I've never looked at them

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ok, so I've jumped back into Walking Dead after abandoning it during season 3. Hey, what do you know - it has actually become a broadly competent show, I've enjoyed it so far. Well, not 'enjoyed' as such, hard to enjoy something so intrinsically grim and downbeat as Walking Dead, but it looks like they've smoothed over some of the shakier scripting elements, and the remaining cast seem to have some proper definition on them. What's also interesting is how little dialogue there is in this show now; one of the show's problems back in the day was how often they would decide to Tell instead of Show (usually with some rotten dialogue). Now there are many protracted scenes with little speaking, but plenty of emotional reaction from the actors. Wise choice, it helps sell the mood really.

Good to see Carol is a proper characters now - I remember ranting in this very forum about her inherent uselessness in season 2. Her actions in this episode made for an interesting contrast with Herschel; while he is quick to sacrafice himself for the group (I really hope he lives though, he's an important shred of decency in this world), Carol is quick to instead sacrifice others for that same goal.
    Also: Michonne isn't a sullen, lone-wolf ass any more - when did that happen?

That said, there are still plot-required moments of convenience and idiocy here and there (such as the lack of internal guards during the night that would have prevented the massacre in episode 2, and how those polite zombies held back to allow Tyresse to hammer them individually :D) I also think it's a bit cheap the majority of the plague's victims are (apparently) new characters, presumably disposable for the sake of the drama. I know Glenn and Herschel are in trouble too, so I guess maybe one of them is up for the chop...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Rick's batman voice is hilarious. When he said "Dammit" before running over to Carol outside.. Nobody talks like that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Grimebox wrote: »
    Rick's batman voice is hilarious. When he said "Dammit" before running over to Carol outside.. Nobody talks like that

batman does! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

After last weeks very promising episode I thought it was a poor enough tbh

The mechanics are becoming so repetitive, how many excursions have we has now that end like this one did?

The only interesting but was the radio beacon, but doubt that will be spoken of for the foreseeable future given they are on the run again...

Also no follow up on who was feeding the zombie's the rats

Really hoped the interesting points of last week would of been built on better, but instead its almost returned to the horrible tedium of the first part of season 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Just finished watching that, thought it was ok - im lying in bed here but I did sit up and go "ooooo" at the sight of that horde - Dont get all the critique on here - it's a zombie show - it's turn your head off television - Enjoy the gore and trauma!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I still thought this was very poor, in the comic there was a limited amount of walkers to deal with, in the episode he was surrounded at very close quarters with more and more homing in from a massive horde.

Still a good show despite it's flaws.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yeah, he should have said "ah here!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I liked the bit where they were attacked and then there was a big fight, and lots of close up shots of head stabbings, crushings etc ... great episode ... oh wait, maybe that was last weeks ... or the week before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I don't have a problem with this and have been known to verbalise my frustration, even if there was nobody in hearing distance.

Just thinking on the small bloody handprint, and Carol's admission. She might be covering for the screwed up kid. The kid may have killed them and been interrupted by Carol who then burned the evidence.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

El Inho wrote: »

Zero spoilers here, but tags used for those who want no comic discussion at all.
    They comics have been going for 10 years real time, but in story terms probably 3-4 years I'd guess? Hard to tell really as the passage of time isn't touched on that much. Worth a read imo, but while similar in parts, wildly different in others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Overall a good episode, with a couple of great scenes in it. I'm not one for 'oh they did this better in the comics' but the Tyreese hammer scene could have been way way better than it was. I thought the car radio stuff was great, it makes you wonder just what they were listening to. To hell with the naysayers, I love this show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 paulosebin

Daryl will die in 2013?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Where is that coming from? How did you come to that conclusion?

Edit: Just saw your spammy post in other thread. Never mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Anyone else wondering why Andrew Lincoln hunches over, puts his head down and slightly to one side with his right hand forward whenever he's trying to explain something? I've noticed it so much I can't un-notice it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Just thinking on the small bloody handprint, and Carol's admission. She might be covering for the screwed up kid. The kid may have killed them and been interrupted by Carol who then burned the evidence.

Which screwed up kid?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Anybody notice the shoddy hole in the fence that Rick clumsily and half arsedly closed up after he saved Carol when she went outside?

It looked like a fart would open it let alone 1 zombie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

smcgiff wrote: »
    How did Rick identify Carol was the murderer from the bloody hand print on the door, or was it a guess?

Well, the handprint on the door, and also maybe that both bodies were really dragged along the ground - a male with more upper body strength may have been able to lift the torso of a body from the ground (under the arms) but most women would probably drag by the arm? And how she risked her life outside of the fences for the water pump, old Carol would have never done that. She is taking risks now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Augmerson wrote: »
    Well, the handprint on the door, and also maybe that both bodies were really dragged along the ground - a male with more upper body strength may have been able to lift the torso of a body from the ground (under the arms) but most women would probably drag by the arm? And how she risked her life outside of the fences for the water pump, old Carol would have never done that. She is taking risks now.
    There is no way Carol could've dragged those bodies out the way they were discovered. Like you say, a male with good upper body strength could probably have done it but Carol is of a slight build. She could've dragged the bodies but instead of leaving a uniform trail of blood, there would've been pools of blood where she stopped to take a rest. There is no way she dragged those people from their beds out into the yard without taking rests. Either she is covering for someone or it's a plot hole from the writers.

Plus why would she need to burn them? She could've stuck a knife in their ear in their cells and claimed that she came upon them just as they were turning. Wasting precious petrol to burn bodies serves no purpose. From the amount of blood in the cells it seems clear that the two were murdered in their cells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭theblaqueguy

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Anybody notice the shoddy hole in the fence that Rick clumsily and half arsedly closed up after he saved Carol when she went outside?

It looked like a fart would open it let alone 1 zombie.

Ya noticed that too if that pile of zombies could nearly break down the fence then surely a bunch of them could break whatever is holding the gap together
    Whoever was feeding the zombies the rats should put a few rats by that sh1ty gap in the fence let the zombies in to fvck the groups sh1t up some more

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Another continuity question; has ammo ever been a question for the group? While the tendency is to use silent, blunt weapons to off the Walkers, I can't recall situations where a lack of ammo has been a major issue, whenever they're needed a gun has always been there and with plenty of ammo. You'd think even now, with conservation, they'd be running out. Especially for people like Rick with his specific handgun. It's not a major issue for me, it has irked me a little though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    There is no way Carol could've dragged those bodies out the way they were discovered. Like you say, a male with good upper body strength could probably have done it but Carol is of a slight build. She could've dragged the bodies but instead of leaving a uniform trail of blood, there would've been pools of blood where she stopped to take a rest. There is no way she dragged those people from their beds out into the yard without taking rests. Either she is covering for someone or it's a plot hole from the writers.

Plus why would she need to burn them? She could've stuck a knife in their ear in their cells and claimed that she came upon them just as they were turning. Wasting precious petrol to burn bodies serves no purpose. From the amount of blood in the cells it seems clear that the two were murdered in their cells.

Think the burning is to avoid the spread of whatever they have. As for the dragging. Its not that hard to drag someone along the ground tbh.

Which screwed up kid?
    in the previous episode, the two girls that are at the fence with carol, talking about "Nick the zombie" - the older one runs off very upset and the younger one says "She's not weak, she's just screwed up", the same one that Carol gave the knife to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

pixelburp wrote: »
    Another continuity question; has ammo ever been a question for the group? .
    Woodbury was fairly well stocked by the looks of it. I'm sure they commandeered all of it once The Governor fled. So they should be fairly well stocked although Daryl mentioned it briefly in episode 2. So it looks like it could be an issue soon

Advertisement