Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4, Episode 3 - Isolation [Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

pixelburp wrote: »
    Another continuity question; has ammo ever been a question for the group? While the tendency is to use silent, blunt weapons to off the Walkers, I can't recall situations where a lack of ammo has been a major issue, whenever they're needed a gun has always been there and with plenty of ammo. You'd think even now, with conservation, they'd be running out. Especially for people like Rick with his specific handgun. It's not a major issue for me, it has irked me a little though.

I'm sure they'd get around that by saying they took a lot from Woodbury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Timmyctc wrote: »
    [/B]

Think the burning is to avoid the spread of whatever they have. As for the dragging. Its not that hard to drag someone along the ground tbh.
    The BIB I could go along with but I can't agree that it's easy to drag a dead body. The trail of blood indicated that the bodies were still alive when they were dragged and whoever did it, did so without having to take a rest. I'm all for equality but I don't think a woman would ever be able to drag a body that's weighs more than her for such a distance.

The scene was very poorely executed. From the blood in the cells it looks like the two were murdered while still alive and then dragged bleeding onto the roof where they were set on fire. Anyone who was acting with the group's best interest's at heart would've killed them and let that be the end of it. The end result was a waste of life, petrol and suspicision.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

pixelburp wrote: »
    Another continuity question; has ammo ever been a question for the group? While the tendency is to use silent, blunt weapons to off the Walkers, I can't recall situations where a lack of ammo has been a major issue, whenever they're needed a gun has always been there and with plenty of ammo. You'd think even now, with conservation, they'd be running out. Especially for people like Rick with his specific handgun. It's not a major issue for me, it has irked me a little though.

There's been no hard numbers given about the amount of weapons and ammo found and there's lots of off-camera scavenging going on. When you think about the various caches they've encountered throughout (Woodbury, the black guys house from last season and all the other bits along the way) and the fact that they are in the South, it's not too hard to believe that a relatively small number of people could get by.

It's not like Rick's gun has some custom made bullets. I presume it's a magnum or something with pretty standard ammo, particularly in that part of the world.
    Just thinking on the small bloody handprint, and Carol's admission. She might be covering for the screwed up kid. The kid may have killed them and been interrupted by Carol who then burned the evidence.

I was thinking that she might've been bull****ting about being sick as well.

The thing is then, if she did kill the people would Carol have just let her into the cell block with the others?

Actually there is one thing that's bothering me. Michonne kills the walkers so effortlessly that it seems like she could kill nearly limitless numbers of them.
    Could she not have just killed all those around the car? It certainly looked that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    The BIB I could go along with but I can't agree that it's easy to drag a dead body. The trail of blood indicated that the bodies were still alive when they were dragged and whoever did it, did so without having to take a rest. I'm all for equality but I don't think a woman would ever be able to drag a body that's weighs more than her for such a distance.

The scene was very poorely executed. From the blood in the cells it looks like the two were murdered while still alive and then dragged bleeding onto the roof where they were set on fire. Anyone who was acting with the group's best interest's at heart would've killed them and let that be the end of it. The end result was a waste of life, petrol and suspicision.

You'd be spot on with your blood spatter analysis if this was an episode of Dexter or Elementary but it isn't its walking dead so I think you're looking at this too forensically. Until we are told different I'm taking Carols admission at face value as a) she is the only candidate that makes any sense from a drama/stakes point of view and b) her body language around Tyreese speaks to someone with a guilty conscience.

Just thinking on the small bloody handprint, and Carol's admission. She might be covering for the screwed up kid. The kid may have killed them and been interrupted by Carol who then burned the evidence.

We already have one kid with sociopathic tendencies in Carl and while realistically any child growing up in those circumstances is at risk of going off the deep end I don't think the writers would repeat themselves as it would make Carls journey from Milky bar kid to Michael Myers less unique. She is ****ed up in a different way to Carl imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I was thinking it was the "messed up" girl who did the killing, and that Carol, as her new protector, somehow guessed, or perhaps helped her clean up afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Karen and Davids bodies weren't on a roof???? they were outside in a courtyard is all....Carol could easily haul two corpses out tbh. Ricks gun is a Colt Python not a Magnum

LOSTfan57 wrote: »
    Karen and Davids bodies weren't on a roof???? they were outside in a courtyard is all....Carol could easily haul two corpses out tbh. Ricks gun is a Colt Python not a Magnum

I think magnum is the calibre of bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Gbear wrote: »
    I think magnum is the calibre of bullet.

oh right haha my bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Rick's revolver is a 6" Colt Python, presumably still in its original factory chambering of .357 Magnum.
    .357 Mag revolvers will also happily chamber and fire .38 Special ammunition, and both of these ammunition types are available in vast quantities throughout the 'gun-friendly' parts of the USA.
    Ammunition for Rick's revolver is in no way exotic or scarce, so I have no issues with there being an apparently inexhaustible supply available to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

If we are going by Resident Evil, then magnum bullets are extremely scarce :pac:

MarkR wrote: »
    I was thinking it was the "messed up" girl who did the killing, and that Carol, as her new protector, somehow guessed, or perhaps helped her clean up afterwards.

The girl who couldn't bring herself to put down her dead dad down before he reanimated and who is that soft in the head she treats zombies like pets that have names, now is suddenly aware of the stakes and danger posed by this infection and takes action? Nope not buying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

I cannot recall them running out of ammo
    but there have been numerous times they have discussed that they are low on it
    and supply runs for ammo have happened the trip in season 1 to get Ricks gunbag
    The trip to Rick home town where they met Morgan its being a recurrent theme.

My memory's a bit hazy but
    They have also discussed not using guns to save ammo
    Even the governors crew did not use guns when not necessary and I think they discussed it as well the first time we saw the governors crew they killed the walkers hand to hand and used bows as well as if they where short of rounds
    or just keeping rounds they had for when they needed them.

A revolver is far inferior to a pistol in the ZA due to re-loading times.
    and only six shots, I would have ditched it ages ago for a 9mm pistol.
    I could be totally wrong but even LEO don't carry revolvers anywhere in states anymore or at least fairly rare by 2013.

Another set of bad decisions by Rick.
    The whole show is basically Rick screwing up.

I could be totally wrong but even LEO don't carry revolvers anywhere in states anymore or at least fairly rare by 2013.

At times he's carried other guns though.

He keeps it because it's his.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Am I the only one hoping that Carl gets killed off?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Nothing wrong with a wheelgun, loads of people still carry them for self defence in the US. Using a speedloader or a moon clip you'd have no problem reloading it.

Less to go wrong with it too, no risk of stovepipe jams or failures to eject etc.

That_Guy wrote: »

No after we have thankfully been relieved of Andrea and Dale, he is next on my wish list. Carol is making a strong case recently though.

So we can have a season of Rick seeing phantom Carl and gurning like a spaz? No thanks I'll take Carl being annoying over that any day of the week.
    No after we have thankfully been relieved of Andrea and Dale, he is next on my wish list. Carol is making a strong case recently though.

I don't get this , she's whiny and helpless in the first few seasons and people justifiably moan , the writers actually manage to turn the character around and turn her into a capable and fairly compelling character(so far as Walking dead characters go anyways) and still people hate her ????

I don't get this , she's whiny and helpless in the first few seasons and people justifiably moan , the writers actually manage to turn the character around and turn her into a capable and fairly compelling character(so far as Walking dead characters go anyways) and still people hate her ????

You are aware of the concept that people can have differing opinions on the same matter right?

• Advertisement

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    You are aware of the concept that people can have differing opinions on the same matter right?

Yes , but it was my understanding that this is a discussion forum for discussing the show, Carol is part of the show, one of the better parts of it these days imo so I was curious to know why she is still hated by some .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

I've been hoping that since I started watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Grimebox wrote: »
    Rick's batman voice is hilarious. When he said "Dammit" before running over to Carol outside.. Nobody talks like that

That's the standard British British person doing American accent

You'd be spot on with your blood spatter analysis if this was an episode of Dexter or Elementary but it isn't its walking dead so I think you're looking at this too forensically. Until we are told different I'm taking Carols admission at face value as a) she is the only candidate that makes any sense from a drama/stakes point of view and b) her body language around Tyreese speaks to someone with a guilty conscience.
    My blood splatter analysis is a lot more obvious than Rick looking at a vague bloody print and figuring out it was Carol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Gbear wrote: »

Actually there is one thing that's bothering me. Michonne kills the walkers so effortlessly that it seems like she could kill nearly limitless numbers of them.
    Could she not have just killed all those around the car? It certainly looked that way.

That bothered me a bit aswell,it would have took them no time at all to push the car off the pile of bodies.Even the two lads sitting in the back bouncing up & down would have been enough to dislodge it.
    The bit with Rick 'securing' the fence left a lot to be desired too,he barely closed the hole in the fence after himself.

These two gripes aside it was a strong episode,the moss covered zombie shows just how long they last without feeding.I wonder if it's like a World War Z scenario where they freeze in the cold of Winter & then thaw out and back mobile in the Spring.However the group are so far South that this won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

So we can have a season of Rick seeing phantom Carl and gurning like a spaz? No thanks I'll take Carl being annoying over that any day of the week.

I like Carol, she was a liability in the beginning but now after Rick and Daryl she's really taken charge, and telling the kid she was weak for messing up killing her father was pretty cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Enjoying the series so far....

Does anyone know how far away that horde is from the prison??

Seems to be a recurring issue with the Walking Dead imho -- there never seems to be any sense of distance portrayed or time elapsed on journeys. Maybe I missed something but how far away are Daryl & Co. now :confused::confused:

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Enjoying the series so far....

Does anyone know how far away that horde is from the prison??

Seems to be a recurring issue with the Walking Dead imho -- there never seems to be any sense of distance portrayed or time elapsed on journeys. Maybe I missed something but how far away are Daryl & Co. now :confused::confused:

The herd is a few miles from the veterinary college which is 50 miles form prison this is mentioned in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Im sure this has been discussed already in this thread but did anyone else find this episode hard to watch because the very premise of it was based on the fallacy that antibiotics would impact a viral infection? It could be argued that ignorance is all part and parcel of a group that comes from many different backgrounds doing all kinds of jobs, but seriously, this is a basic concept that a vet would absolutely be aware of.

• Advertisement

dr gonzo wrote: »
    Im sure this has been discussed already in this thread but did anyone else find this episode hard to watch because the very premise of it was based on the fallacy that antibiotics would impact a viral infection? It could be argued that ignorance is all part and parcel of a group that comes from many different backgrounds doing all kinds of jobs, but seriously, this is a basic concept that a vet would absolutely be aware of.
    Hershel said something along the lines of it not being the virus that kills them but the symptoms/side effects and the antibiotics would keep them alive long enough to fight the virus. Or something vaguely medical along those lines (probably as scientific as shampoo ads which claim to have "shine boosting technology" :pac:).

Advertisement