Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major issue with Digiweb

• 24-10-2013 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭

We signed up the Metro broadband package with Digiweb in August '12 with download speeds of up to 30mB. I am a complete novice in this area and everything seemed fine until I started an online course this September and began noticing that the speed was not very fast. After contacting Digiweb they told me to check the internet speed from a link that they sent and I found that the speed never went above 7mB at any time of the day. A service engineer finally called around to the house today, tested the line, and explained that when the line was set up the engineer put it at a setting to ensure that it would not be affected by the wind during the Winter and hence the max speed that we could possibly get is up to 12mB (I hope this makes sense). I am now waiting for Digiweb to contact me but is there anything that I can ask for as we have been paying €45 for the past year for speeds of up to 30mB when it was never possible for us to get over 12mB? Surely the engineer told them about this setting but they ignored it and continued to charge us full whack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Think the fact is they arent guaranteed to give you speeds of 30MB - welcome to the scam!

I am promised speeds of up to 24mb - however due to my distance from the exchange can only get 1.6 mb at best. There's nothing you can do!

Advertisement