Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coventry

• 24-10-2013 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

starting a job in birmingham next month and was just wondering what peoples experiences of coventry are? was looking to live there and get the train into birmingham and liked coventry as its close to the airport(10 mins on train) and seems pretty central (hour to london).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Not sure why you'd prefer to live in Cov rather than Brum? As you say the inter-city connects the two cities and airport in minutes. Loads more amenities, attractions and, well, everything in Brum. Cost-wise there can't be much difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

Why would you pick Coventry over Birmingham? Neither are the best in the UK but Birmingham is streets ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 GradEngineer

I'm living in Coventry at the moment and being honest its not great! Commuting to Birmingham would be very easy by train but I'm sure it wouldnt cost very much more to live in Birmingham which would be much nicer!

Also, unless your Lewis Hamilton you dont have a prayer of getting to London from here in an hour!
    If you need any more info on Coventry like where would be best to live etc PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

I'm living in Coventry at the moment and being honest its not great!.

Even the footy team are playing in Northampton these days :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The expression "sent to Coventry" didn't come out of nowhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Im living in a town just North of Birmingham. Birmingham airport is very accessible via the train from Birmingham New Street takes about 12mins and there are regular flights to Dublin, Cork and Shannon.

Digbeth is the Irish quarter in Birmingham city and the Irish center there was hopping the Saturday night I last visited. There are loads of bars around that area such as the Kerryman, The Dubliner etc etc. You can get to London in 1h 20mins via Virgin Trains but its on the expensive side though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm living in Coventry at the moment and being honest its not great! Commuting to Birmingham would be very easy by train but I'm sure it wouldnt cost very much more to live in Birmingham which would be much nicer!

Also, unless your Lewis Hamilton you dont have a prayer of getting to London from here in an hour!
    If you need any more info on Coventry like where would be best to live etc PM me.

From Coventry, the fast trains take 1h03 to get to Kings Cross, although it is 1h40 to 2h00 for others. Book in advance and you can get it for £7.

www.nationalrail.co.uk

Advertisement