Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help me which choice of tv

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This forum is for discussing TV shows (not actual TVs).
    I'll move this to the Home Entertainment forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 arturka

im new to this and thank you i wasn't sure where to poist this :}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

Panasonic and Samsung all the way, any model really depend how much you willing to spend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Are you dead set on Samsung? There are some other fantastic TVs out there. Samsung have become so big that sometimes they can charge more because of the name, much like Sony do.

Seamus1964 wrote: »
    Panasonic and Samsung all the way, any model really depend how much you willing to spend

yes well im looking for something to 800e
    and there so much but not all of them are what i want as i showed in points what i want from it ....
    i went over so many pages where to buy tv on-line and all prices gets bigger and bigger its scary :D

• Advertisement

logik wrote: »
    Are you dead set on Samsung? There are some other fantastic TVs out there. Samsung have become so big that sometimes they can charge more because of the name, much like Sony do.

i love Samsung in designee and i use allot Samsung products they are good as brand , no im not only set for Samsung , i seen Sony and Panasonic
    but i dont know much difference in Panasonic and Sony as i do in Samsung range of serial numbers , im looking for other point of view waht would be good for that price and quality points , thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

ask the guys in richer sounds - they offer a boards discount and have a forum here on boards also.

I recently purchased the samsung f8000 from them (its pricy but fantastic)

are you 100% dead set on Samsung ?

have you had an LED/LCD tv ? is 3D essential ?

the difference between active/passive 3D is that the active is marginally better quality and uses expensive glasses(battery operated) but the passive has cheap glasses and you can get more glasses cheaply by simply going to the cinema.

if 3D is not essential this sony looks great. http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1431726/Trail/searchtext%3ESONY.htm

arturka wrote: »
    i love Samsung in designee and i use allot Samsung products they are good as brand , no im not only set for Samsung , i seen Sony and Panasonic
    but i dont know much difference in Panasonic and Sony as i do in Samsung range of serial numbers , im looking for other point of view waht would be good for that price and quality points , thank you :)

Ok, well Samsung make all of Sonys screen for their TVs etc so it is only the internals that will differ on the Sony.

I am an LG fan myself, I have 2 x 42inche TVs, LG Blu Ray player and LG Speakers. I find their TVs are priced very very well when you compare what you are getting for your money. Their support is great too.

It will all come down to price. How many USB, HDMI ports do you want? Do you want inbuilt Wifi? Most 3D TVs on the market at the moment are Smart enabled also.

Corkbah wrote: »
    ask the guys in richer sounds - they offer a boards discount and have a forum here on boards also.

I recently purchased the samsung f8000 from them (its pricy but fantastic)

are you 100% dead set on Samsung ?

have you had an LED/LCD tv ? is 3D essential ?

the difference between active/passive 3D is that the active is marginally better quality and uses expensive glasses(battery operated) but the passive has cheap glasses and you can get more glasses cheaply by simply going to the cinema.

if 3D is not essential this sony looks great. http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1431726/Trail/searchtext%3ESONY.htm
    okay well its hard to say i love all features the UE46F6500 has its pricey didn't find any similar tv to it,
    yes i used plasma for years now in my family home i have sony LED and when i seen it samsung shows nicer picture in collars, and sure Plasma is LED just backlit as much i know , i would love to move to new tehnology of 3D this tv is going in to bedroom till i move to my new home , i dont want buy cheep and when times come to moving i will have to buy another one

Ok, well Samsung make all of Sonys screen for their TVs etc so it is only the internals that will differ on the Sony.

I am an LG fan myself, I have 2 x 42inche TVs, LG Blu Ray player and LG Speakers. I find their TVs are priced very very well when you compare what you are getting for your money. Their support is great too.

It will all come down to price. How many USB, HDMI ports do you want? Do you want inbuilt Wifi? Most 3D TVs on the market at the moment are Smart enabled also.
    well us 1/2 should be enough im not a freak but im pc lad and i know usb 3 out and i use it alot but it will reflect price on it to
    HDMI ports well 1 for sky , 1 for Pc , 1 for console (dvd included in console) so = 3 would be enough

its not a name mater its what inside and how good it is , dont want to go for unknown names tho to

• Advertisement

well us 1/2 should be enough im not a freak but im pc lad and i know usb 3 out and i use it alot but it will reflect price on it to
    HDMI ports well 1 for sky , 1 for Pc , 1 for console (dvd included in console) so = 3 would be enough

its not a name mater its what inside and how good it is , dont want to go for unknown names tho to

Ok so for example, a well priced TV is http://www.pixmania.ie/led-tv/lg-42la620s-led-3d-smart-tv/21489172-a.html

You get Smart TV, 3D TV, 4 Pairs of Glasses, 3 HDMI Ports, Wifi and 3 USB Ports. 200Hz Refresh rate LED and Freeview TV all for 569 euro. Priced very well in my opinion.

Ok so for example, a well priced TV is http://www.pixmania.ie/led-tv/lg-42la620s-led-3d-smart-tv/21489172-a.html

You get Smart TV, 3D TV, 4 Pairs of Glasses, 3 HDMI Ports, Wifi and 3 USB Ports. 200Hz Refresh rate LED and Freeview TV all for 569 euro. Priced very well in my opinion.

ye price is nice looks nice aswell , what u think of collor depth
    the smart function is only add on that price gose up by 200e usualy it can be and can not be there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 VanZandt

Maybe I just had bad luck but I found Samsung support to be shocking!
    Had a 32" samsung model that had a known Capacitor Issue - I contacted them several times and they just ignored me......so i will never buy a tv from them again!!

VanZandt wrote: »
    Maybe I just had bad luck but I found Samsung support to be shocking!
    Had a 32" samsung model that had a known Capacitor Issue - I contacted them several times and they just ignored me......so i will never buy a tv from them again!!

i never had to deal with samsung directly , i dont even know a case where any one had to contact samsung for anything , it could of been just unlucky as even on samsung presentation the president pointed that feedback of customers is his biggest job , as i can buleave samusng become what it is becosue they worked for people not for what company wants, its my point of view, im happy to take a look at any other company like Panasonic as its reseed alot rewards this year for tvs , not have heard of sony with there bravia engine how much sable it is couse phones sux on bravia engine ... LG never heard much about , meby its just me , im looking not to make a mistake of 500-800 euro

i came acros funy fack about samsung :D its just me or its true not all tvs are wall mount ??????
    http://uk.hardware.info/comparisontable/products/183087-181718

i never had to deal with samsung directly , i dont even know a case where any one had to contact samsung for anything , it could of been just unlucky as even on samsung presentation the president pointed that feedback of customers is his biggest job , as i can buleave samusng become what it is becosue they worked for people not for what company wants, its my point of view, im happy to take a look at any other company like Panasonic as its reseed alot rewards this year for tvs , not have heard of sony with there bravia engine how much sable it is couse phones sux on bravia engine ... LG never heard much about , meby its just me , im looking not to make a mistake of 500-800 euro

Ive had a Bravia for the last year now and so far so good...

I think the best way of avoiding an 800E mistake is to go for the insurance! I would never have considered it before.....but its a big hit if the company wont stand over its product....and thats the experience i have had

Ive had a Bravia for the last year now and so far so good...

I think the best way of avoiding an 800E mistake is to go for the insurance! I would never have considered it before.....but its a big hit if the company wont stand over its product....and thats the experience i have had

have u any self pick choice of sony bravia tvs in range of up to 700 euro ?

have u any self pick choice of sony bravia tvs in range of up to 700 euro ?

The models seem to change quite often and im pretty sure that the model I have has now been updated.
    I would definitely recommend an extensive google search on the model that you finally go for.... wish i had done that with the samsung model that burnt me...live and learn

i notice people chose Panasonic , but what pulls people about them ? and what can Panasonic lover say about them ? reference wise :)

The models seem to change quite often and im pretty sure that the model I have has now been updated.
    I would definitely recommend an extensive google search on the model that you finally go for.... wish i had done that with the samsung model that burnt me...live and learn

why what happened with samsung ?
    or its just a usual story when now im looking for tv i will buy it next day its 200 euro cheaper ? or i get Sony next day Panasonic or LG gives new tv for same price ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

i notice people chose Panasonic , but what pulls people about them ? and what can Panasonic lover say about them ? reference wise :)

Panasonic simply just last forever plus good picture/sound.
    I would suggest to go with cheapest Panasonic and add all those smart options (youtube google etc) over STB boxes or android sticks
    Also I wouldnt bother about 3D nor passive nor active - useless feature what entertains you few weeks then you just forget its there

IMHO

Advertisement