Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Feces

• 24-10-2013 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

Basically for most part of this year we have been noticing dog feces in the front garden quite regularly. Right in the middle of the grass usually. Is there a safe an effective way to stop dogs from coming into the garden and doing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Most effective way is to have a word with the owner.
    If dog is wandering around without it's owner, have a word with the dog warden.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Most effective way is to have a word with the owner.
    If dog is wandering around without it's owner, have a word with the dog warden.

I would love nothing more than to call out the owner but the problem is I don't know the identity of the dog, I've never caught it in my garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Devia wrote: »
    I would love nothing more than to call out the owner but the problem is I don't know the identity of the dog, I've never caught it in my garden.

Are you sure its a dog? I've come across some poop in my garden that looked similar but was actually done by a cat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Red_Dwarf

Is your Garden Stones or Grass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

CCTV or hook up a webcam with motion detection http://www.ispyconnect.com
    to detect the culprit.

• Advertisement

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Are you sure its a dog? I've come across some poop in my garden that looked similar but was actually done by a cat

I'm not sure to be fair but I'd say it's too big to be a cat and I doubt its a wild animal since it's an enclosed housing estate and the surrounding area is quite built up.
    Red_Dwarf wrote: »
    Is your Garden Stones or Grass?

Pretty much all grass.
    CCTV or hook up a webcam with motion detection http://www.ispyconnect.com
    to detect the culprit.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to take things that far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I was hoping I wouldn't have to take things that far.

If that was my garden I'd have every camera enabled gadget I have in the windows waiting lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Just saying OP, I fostered a female cat about a year and a half ago and she once left a surprise under my bed that would put a Labrador to shame. Would also explain why you never catch the dog at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dees99

If you put four plastic bottles of water in a square shape about 6 feet apart a dog will never **** in your garden again. Its an old traditional remedy and works. It sounds like somebody is letting a dog out at night for a run and he has picked your garden as his toilet. Owner doesn't know or doesn't care!

Thanks dees I might give that a bash. I do find it hard to believe that one of my neighbours would willingly let it happen. Poor form either way.

Shashabear I don't doubt what you're saying but I always though cats were more discreet than middle of the lawn.

• Advertisement
Advertisement