Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of motivation!! :/

• 24-10-2013 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Does anybody have any ideas how to motivate yourself ? I am really struggling to get into a study routine and there is only 10 school weeks left until the mocks I'm already starting to panic at this point as I'm aiming for 450 mark. Any help would be amazing thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

Does anybody have any ideas how to motivate yourself ? I am really struggling to get into a study routine and there is only 10 school weeks left until the mocks I'm already starting to panic at this point as I'm aiming for 450 mark. Any help would be amazing thanks

Here's an amazing site for creating a study timetable which I really believe is the only way for EVERYONE to get into a good study routine.

https://www.examtime.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 43 soupyryan13

Any chance you can send me the link to the one you used there are some really bad ones on the site :/

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

Any chance you can send me the link to the one you used there are some really bad ones on the site :/

Click on Calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Motivation. - Getting the college of your choice.

The timetable can be daunting. I dont think I had one til after the mocks. It seems like it must be this super complex table that is akin to the ten commandments etched in stone.

In the end I ended up with a table that gave my two subjects a day, with most of the time going to my worst subjects and sunday off. It can be as basic as that. Once you have that its easy to stick to and you can build on it as needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RebelLAD1

what would you guys put in a timetable? like 4 periods of 45 minutes covering 4 different subjects? or 6 subjects a night ? or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

RebelLAD1 wrote: »
    what would you guys put in a timetable? like 4 periods of 45 minutes covering 4 different subjects? or 6 subjects a night ? or what?

6 is bullshít. Unless your a bit autistic its will be a superfluous exercise. No where near enough time to caver anything in detail.

2-3 subjects a day was what I went with. On full days of study.
    1 on nights with homework.

On full days of study it was 3 hours of 1 subject, an hour of a good break with food and bant, 3 hours of the next.

The 3 hours were split into 3 topics/chapters. 15 min break between each topic.

2 a day allowed me to comprehensivly cover the material and scrutainze my exam questions.

Remember no table is set in stone. More time can be allocated to a weak subject. The weekends were used on weak subjects for me.

Advertisement