Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Music

• 24-10-2013 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I'm just start doing music in my 5th year, and I don't really have any music knowledge before this. Do you guys think its possible to handle it? :confused: btw, going up to piano grade 1 soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

The recommended grade for the practical is grade 6 :P The theory is grand once you have a decent teacher, you don't need to have done junior cert music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

anirishlad wrote: »
    The recommended grade for the practical is grade 6 :P

I thought it was grade 5 as they assume you started an instrument in First Year

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pikawong

thanks for your reply! But as I know from my piano teacher, Ive to get up for piano at least grade two. For the theory, I'm doing grade 2's stuff now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 student111

I have been told piano standard for LC HL music is expected to be high, I'm currently doing grade 8 and have opted not to play piano as it is easier to get full marks playing trad music. Do you play any other instrument or sing?

Advertisement