Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Line install in the hope of getting faster broadband

Options
  • 24-10-2013 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi, I will try and explain this as best I can.

Currently I get 1.6mb broadband.  My neighbour gets 8mb, across the road the other estates get 8mb connections.  It would seem as if I am the only mug in the village getting 1.6mb broadband - it is because I am on the copper line to Drogheda while the other residents of the village are all running off the village exchange.

I have been advised to get a new phone line installed then to cancel my old one.  However, if the new phone line is still 1.6mb do I get a cooling off period, can I say 'No' I dont want it?  I am absolutely desperate for slightly quicker broadband and it is infuriating I am still on 1.6mb when everyone else is on faster.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi, I will try and explain this as best I can.

Currently I get 1.6mb broadband.  My neighbour gets 8mb, across the road the other estates get 8mb connections.  It would seem as if I am the only mug in the village getting 1.6mb broadband - it is because I am on the copper line to Drogheda while the other residents of the village are all running off the village exchange.

I have been advised to get a new phone line installed then to cancel my old one.  However, if the new phone line is still 1.6mb do I get a cooling off period, can I say 'No' I dont want it?  I am absolutely desperate for slightly quicker broadband and it is infuriating I am still on 1.6mb when everyone else is on faster.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you

Hi georgewickstaff,

I'm sorry to hear this.

Would you like to PM me your details and I'll look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

What an exhausting day trying to make any progress with this. 

Everything seems to depend on which Sales Rep or Technician you get.  You can either be very 'lucky' and get people to help with this or else the shutters immediately come down and an 'absolutely impossible to connect to another exchange' is the official line.

Has anyone ever tried this?

Imagine being stuck on 1.6mb broadband in the year 2013.  Only in Ireland :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

What an exhausting day trying to make any progress with this. 

Everything seems to depend on which Sales Rep or Technician you get.  You can either be very 'lucky' and get people to help with this or else the shutters immediately come down and an 'absolutely impossible to connect to another exchange' is the official line.

Has anyone ever tried this?

Imagine being stuck on 1.6mb broadband in the year 2013.  Only in Ireland :-(

I have sent your query off to be investigated by our technicians team. I'll come back to you when I have had conformation from them.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement