Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aftermarket Seat

• 24-10-2013 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

Hey lads.

Doesnt anyone have a recommendation for an aftermarket seat?
    Previously i had a 15 minute drive to and from work but started a new job and going from Naas to Sandyford daily.

My hoop is killing me from the seat on the bike so im sussing out a new one and looking for some opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

It must be some seriously uncomfortable seat if it's hurting after that distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

It must be some seriously uncomfortable seat if it's hurting after that distance.

It is man. Its awful. Im told there is a Suzuki oem gel seat for the sv1 but can't seem to find one. Looking for other options also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

You need your arse broken in. Easy into it, and your arse will eventually be able to take it. You may be red raw now, but soon you're arse will be able to take it with ease and you'll be asking for more and bigger.

What about corbin seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Man up its only a 30 min drive mate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I don't mind if its a 10 minute drive. A sore arse is a sore arse :-p

The awful standard seat needs to go.

I'm just past Naas. I leave at 6:30 am and its a 50 min drive. But like I said, the seat is like a brick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

Cienciano wrote: »
    You need your arse broken in. Easy into it, and your arse will eventually be able to take it. You may be red raw now, but soon you're arse will be able to take it with ease and you'll be asking for more and bigger.

What about corbin seats?

oo-er missus:P

i hear ya! had an f650 seat like a plank with barb wire on it, there was a lad advertising on done deal doing re-upholstery on bike seats or maybe get a gel insert off fleabay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Be honest...you couldn't get the stains off after your last sunday spin! :P

8928805140_eba8dd8786_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

You need to drive from Bray to Brands Hatch on a ZXR 750..........after that any seat is a lazyboy........ya big softy..:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You can get an Airhawk to strap onto any bike. Just remember to take it off if on fun roads.

If you want a gel seat you need to check UK forums for them. I checked around Dublin last year and no one was doing gel seat conversions. There are guides on the net if you want to try yourself, I was too chicken to mess with my one.

what about one of them rubber ring things for piles? one of them and a roll of duct tape, sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Cienciano wrote: »

What are we talking about again?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Oh Forgot to say: HTFU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

When I was getting my seat reupholstered I sanded off the hard epidermis of the foam. You'd be surprised how much more comfortable it makes it, gives you alot more cousin :pac: all depends on how deep the foam is though, on the bandit its quite deep (also it reduces seat high by a cm or two cos you sink lower so keep that in mind)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Check out this crowd in France.
    Got a seat off them myself.
    Original Pillion was too hard for herself.
    Very comfy now.
    http://www.topsellerie.co.uk/seats-petrol-tank-covers-tank-bags-leg-handgrip-covers-motorbike-scooter.html

Advertisement