Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency vehicles in Togher

Options
  • 24-10-2013 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea what's going on up on Matthew Hill (I think)? Looking out my window in Sundays Well I can see what looks like 10-15 emergency vehicles moving around up that direction. Thought it was the airport but seems like normal listening to the ATC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Flooding? Or according to a twitter search bad crash near the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Ludo wrote: »
    Flooding? Or according to a twitter search bad crash near the airport.

Crash all right, just heard from a civil defence member I know. Cheers, nothing on Twitter earlier. Hope they're all ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I was on the way up sarsfield road when they all went wizzing past. The crash was at the junction of the three roads up on mathew hill. Apparently between a people carrier and a mini-van. Hopefully they all were alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Girlfriend lives up that direction and we heard it all about 9pm with all the vehicles going up I thought airport but it made no sense why they would go up through Togher and not the Airport Hill.

That junction can be a bit of a nightmare and given the weather last night I can see how it could cause an accident, I normalyl give away to everything on that junction unless I'm coming from the Kinsale/Airport side back into the city.

Advertisement