Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone feeding Luath?

• 24-10-2013 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Does anyone feed Luath dog food? I'm looking for an ingredients list, mainly to see what comes first, rice or lamb/chic etc and what percentages are listed.

If you do feed it would you by any chance have a look at the back of the pack and see if they have any percentages listed??

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

GAH!! Stupid Luath!! :mad: had me up at 2:30-3:00 am 3 nights in a row with puppy poo puddles last week - pup must have found a few pieces of it at daycare! Of course after being up 3 nights in a row I automatically woke up on the 4 night lol! :p Other guy had a very bad reaction too it - bedding destroyed with blood etc - this was after being on it for a good 9 months!

EDIT - if you mail them George Burns will get back to you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

juniord wrote: »

Was on there myself but it doesn't actually give percentages, just ingredients in decreasing percentage amounts

tk123 wrote: »
    GAH!! Stupid Luath!! :mad: had me up at 2:30-3:00 am 3 nights in a row with puppy poo puddles last week - pup must have found a few pieces of it at daycare! Of course after being up 3 nights in a row I automatically woke up on the 4 night lol! :p Other guy had a very bad reaction too it - bedding destroyed with blood etc - this was after being on it for a good 9 months!

EDIT - if you mail them George Burns will get back to you ;)

Poor puppy :( And poor you!

is that not percentages under the mock gauges, Protein 18.5%; Fat 7.5%; Fibre 3.7%; See more

• Advertisement

just realised your looking for percentage per ingredient , oops

I have a headache looking at pet foods :mad: We're reviewing our food at the sanctuary and have a couple of reps coming out but my god, trying to plough through the tricky, slight-of-hand way the pet food companies word everything, its annoying as hell.

I have a headache looking at pet foods :mad: We're reviewing our food at the sanctuary and have a couple of reps coming out but my god, trying to plough through the tricky, slight-of-hand way the pet food companies word everything, its annoying as hell.

Well a heads up - everyone I know who uses that daycare complains about farts/poos after the dog'a been there. But like I said mail him and you'll get a very detailed reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Does anyone feed Luath dog food? I'm looking for an ingredients list, mainly to see what comes first, rice or lamb/chic etc and what percentages are listed.

If you do feed it would you by any chance have a look at the back of the pack and see if they have any percentages listed??

I looked at this food years ago and from what I remember it was pretty much the exact same as burns except it had extra herbs. Actually I think burns alert dog food has this extra herbs I think they begin with an s!!

Millem wrote: »
    I looked at this food years ago and from what I remember it was pretty much the exact same as burns except it had extra herbs. Actually I think burns alert dog food has this extra herbs I think they begin with an s!!

Spirulina lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

My auntie fed it to her two small dogs for a while with no problems, and we both fed our dogs Robbies (their other product) with great results. So I wouldn't damn it outright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

My jack Russell didn't like it, I tried her on the lamb and rice and then the small dog one (can't remember the ingredients). It's got a high meat content so I'd give it a try , all dogs have different reactions. Mines just a stubborn eater

I fed robbies for a while too but like Burns he didn't reallt thrive on it. I have PTSD now from making up kongs of it when my dog was on crate rest. LOHP were at pet expo 2 years ago - just before my dog had his surgery (2 years ago today lol) and they had bowls of it mixed up so my dog kept leading me back to their stand lol! :D
    It's too expensive imo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

tk123 wrote: »
    I fed robbies for a while too but like Burns he didn't reallt thrive on it. I have PTSD now from making up kongs of it when my dog was on crate rest. LOHP were at pet expo 2 years ago - just before my dog had his surgery (2 years ago today lol) and they had bowls of it mixed up so my dog kept leading me back to their stand lol! :D
    It's too expensive imo?

Pardon my stupidity, but what brand does PTSD stand for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

It means post traumatic stress disorder

Lemlin wrote: »
    Pardon my stupidity, but what brand does PTSD stand for?

Post traumatic STRESS lol :p

Advertisement