Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional Work - Griffith

Options
  • 24-10-2013 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Me & 2 friends are travelling to Australia in January. We are fortunate enough have just sorted out our regional work in Griffith (Picking Oranges). It's a big relief to have it sorted and know that the work is there from a week after we arrive in Sydney.

I was just wondering if anyone here has ever done regional work in Griffith & what is it like etc.? Nice place? Hard work?etc..

Any advise welcome!

Our main concern will be the heat!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

If you dont mind me asking how did you get regional sorted months before you even get to australia?
    Is it through a working hostel? I might be going looking for regional work in march-ish after getting to australia in january, then my brother said march is the hardest month to get regional:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

bladebrew wrote: »
    If you dont mind me asking how did you get regional sorted months before you even get to australia?
    Is it through a working hostel? I might be going looking for regional work in march-ish after getting to australia in january, then my brother said march is the hardest month to get regional:mad:

Truth being told, we got fairly lucky. A relative of my gf is related to a lad that runs an orange farm. We were put in contact with him and he was happy to take us on seen as we are 'family'.

Feel's like a big weight off our shoulders. A sense of security!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pinny_1

Cotton season will have started in northern nsw in march. Kicks off in central nsw in april. All depending on weather of course

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I did mine in Bowen, nearish Airlie Beach, this year. I arrived early March and was out of there by late June.
    It was at the start of the season but worked out fairly ok in the end. Depends on a lot of different factors though

Advertisement