Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching for a brooch for a gift

• 24-10-2013 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi,

It's my best friends 30th in 2 months and she has always wanted a brooch. I would love to get her one for her 30th as a special gift that will be cherished and last forever. My budget isn't so high though but at the same time I don't want anything plastic or cheap looking. I live in Waterford. We have a H Samuels but I'm not a big fan of their stuff. Does anyone have any other ideas or any very good websites to check out? Please? She loves yellow gold, diamonds, pearls, vintage style jewelry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Debenhams have some beautiful ones, worth a look on their website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

Thanks, I will check Debenhams out so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Bubs99 wrote: »
    Hi,

It's my best friends 30th in 2 months and she has always wanted a brooch. I would love to get her one for her 30th as a special gift that will be cherished and last forever. My budget isn't so high though but at the same time I don't want anything plastic or cheap looking. I live in Waterford. We have a H Samuels but I'm not a big fan of their stuff. Does anyone have any other ideas or any very good websites to check out? Please? She loves yellow gold, diamonds, pearls, vintage style jewelry.

Yeah as Cathmandooo says above, Debenhams, but have you had a look here also? :) Also use the promo code IrishDesign13 at checkout for a lickle discount!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Bubs99 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a few brooches that I love and they have come from flea markets, vintage shops and small designer shops so maybe scout around and see if there are any shops like that in Waterford (sorry I don't know it well at all). There are a few shops in Kilkenny if you can get there easily enough, though one of my favourites has recently closed (Kwilla).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭jellybear

I have bought some lovely brooches on eBay and etsy. Newbridge silverware also have beautiful brooches. You can view their collection on their website.

• Advertisement
Advertisement