Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Blake gets pulled out of warm ups to be told he's traded. Good timing.

Portland lose to a Spurs team without Parker, Duncan, Manu and Kawhi. That's a kick in the hole. They don't need Parker though, Patty Mills with 29 last night and 25 the night before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Warriors needed help alright and were ripe for trading, not sure how much value this adds though. Sure, it'll givbe Curry a few mins rest here and there but it's hardly a game changer :confused:

Kevin Love off the charts again last night without Pec or Martin. HUGE game. The guy is unreal at times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

kmart6 wrote: »
    Looks like real superstar showed up in Minnesota tonight!!

Love 42 pts 16 reb
    Rubio had 17 ast leading to 37 pts

George 35 pts 11 ast

Little to no assistance from his team mates

Love 42 pts 16 reb

George 35 pts 11 ast

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Love 42 pts 16 reb

George 35 pts 11 ast

No no, Love, the superstar in the game, clearly had assistance from his teammate's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Big win for the Bulls in Toronto last night. Battling with them for the 3rd seed, this one was a tie-breaker decider too (Raptors were up 2-1).

13 assists for Noah. 1st center to record 13+ assists in a game since Vlade Divac in 1996. Only 3 centers have achieved this number since 1985-86 (r/chicagobulls).

Having I think the best season of his career.

Augustin had a big game too against his former team, 19 points in 25 minutes. 4-5 from 3, and made a couple of them in the 4th quarter, which was crucial in keeping the Raptors at bay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    Joakim Noah is a beast.

Yep!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

The Pacers are that little horse Mourinho was really on about. Poor George, bless.

Blake gets pulled out of warm ups to be told he's traded. Good timing.

Portland lose to a Spurs team without Parker, Duncan, Manu and Kawhi. That's a kick in the hole. They don't need Parker though, Patty Mills with 29 last night and 25 the night before.

It's amazing how much this happens during trades. Feel a tad sorry for Blake, thought he might finish out his career as a Laker. In saying that, he's got a hell of an opportunity with the Warriors and it's a fine pick up for them. While Curry has improved assists wise this season as far as I know, they now have a genuine playmaker who can also knockdown shots too from the bench. Blake whenever I've seen him play has put up some fine numbers considering the state of the Lakers this season.

Mills has been ballin' for a little while now. Two big wins on the bounce for the Spurs now which they badly needed, and on the road too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Two massive wins for the Spurs back to back, and with Parker, Duncan, Kawhi and Manu out and T.P missing both games. Astonishing when you look at the team the spurs currently are playing due to injuries and minute restrictions. Pops system again showing its greater than the sum of its parts. Before the break, ths Spurs had not beaten a contender, but beating the Clippers and Blazers in 2 nights is a big statement. Not that I would expect the media to write about it, they are the spurs after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Last play of the game, Jimmy makes the stop:

Post-game: "I don’t think I played any D tonight. DeRozan had, what, (32) points? I take pride in defense. (32) is a lot. I gotta get better."

Yeah it must take some serious mental strength to handle getting traded like that. One minute you're with your team mates and friends getting ready to play a game and the next minute you're shipped out. He was one of the last people i thought they would get rid of. At least he's going to a better team

Yeah it must take some serious mental strength to handle getting traded like that. One minute you're with your team mates and friends getting ready to play a game and the next minute you're shipped out. He was one of the last people i thought they would get rid of. At least he's going to a better team

Yeah it's a weird one alright. D'Antoni is on record saying that he always wanted to coach him. He is such a solid player, an ideal back up point guard. Trading him and getting basically nothing back makes me think that the lakers have decided to go into full tank mode. Jordan Hill is also probably getting traded today. I have a feeling that Kobe won't be back this season either.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Yeah it's a weird one alright. D'Antoni is on record saying that he always wanted to coach him. He is such a solid player, an ideal back up point guard. Trading him and getting basically nothing back makes me think that the lakers have decided to go into full tank mode. Jordan Hill is also probably getting traded today. I have a feeling that Kobe won't be back this season either.

Think it was more a case of the Lakers saving $3.5M on their luxury tax bill than getting back anything in return, though getting two players in return which they did was somewhat needed. Tanking or no tanking.

Just looking at it now, the Warriors bench is finally sorted now -
    Blake, Crawford, Barnes, Speight, O'Neal, Ezeli and Green. All about everyone clicking now.

buyer95 wrote: »
    that ship had already sailed. the lakers have the possibility of a quick rebuild. they have the legend that everyone looks up to in kobe (who i think will take a pay cut to get number 6 being one off must be killing him) they should have the young potential elite talent on a rookie contract if they use there lottery pick well and they are the most desirable location for most free agents once they shed salary because of being in l.a. and having the history they do. if jerry bus was still there i would say they will be contending again within 3 years the only issue is jim bus has shown dolanesk levels of stupidity and that could ultimately be there downfall. if i was a lakers fan (and im not i never want them to win another title there to close to the cs for my liking) i would be praying and hoping for a jennie bus coup.

that ship had already sailed. the lakers have the possibility of a quick rebuild. they have the legend that everyone looks up to in kobe (who i think will take a pay cut to get number 6 being one off must be killing him) they should have the young potential elite talent on a rookie contract if they use there lottery pick well and they are the most desirable location for most free agents once they shed salary because of being in l.a. and having the history they do. if jerry bus was still there i would say they will be contending again within 3 years the only issue is jim bus has shown dolanesk levels of stupidity and that could ultimately be there downfall. if i was a lakers fan (and im not i never want them to win another title there to close to the cs for my liking) i would be praying and hoping for a jennie bus coup.

I'm all for a Jeannie Buss takeover with Magic wrestling back some control at the top table as well. That would likely see The Zen Master return, but as a G.M.

I don't believe for one minute that the Lakers have been tanking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

A pretty solid trade move by both teams, Warriors badly need a solid player like Blake off the bench, he will offer scoop Mich more than Bazemore, Warriors haven't lost anything and Lakers have saved some money.
    Going to be a dog fight for the last few playoff spots in the West, Memphis are rolling now so Warriors need to get it together.

I wonder is it a coincidence that Blake is also a bit of a Jesus freak like he's new coach.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Ah, trade deadline day!!

According to Woj, Spencer Hawes is now a Cavalier with Earl Clark, Henry Sims and 2 second round picks going to Philly

Denver, Washington talks serious on sending Andre Miller to the Wizards for Eric Maynor and Jan Vesely.

• Advertisement

Charlotte has acquired Milwaukee's Luke Ridnour and Gary Neal for Ramon Sessions and Jeff Adrien

1392914907_howardhighfive.gif

Lolballs.

The Houston Rockets have traded guard Aaron Brooks to the Denver Nuggets for guard Jordan Hamilton

1392914907_howardhighfive.gif

Lolballs.

Him singing along to Howard sucks was a brilliant moment last night.

Less than an hour left. Commence mass GM panic \o/

Denver, Washington talks serious on sending Andre Miller to the Wizards for Eric Maynor and Jan Vesely.

Done

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/02/20/live-blog-2014-trade-deadline/#miller3

Wow. Warriors are looking to trade Crawford before the deadline according to Woj. They have about 40 minutes to do it..

Knew they'd be making moves…….I'd doubt that's the end of it tbh….

@WojYahooNBA
    Clippers, Knicks going down to the wire on Iman Shumpert talks, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

• Advertisement

San Antonio has traded Nando De Colo to the Toronto Raptors for Austin Daye

Advertisement