Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

No deal on Clippers proposed Darren Collison, Willie Green and Matt Barnes for Iman Shumpert and Raymond Felton.

Holy SH1T:eek:

Indiana has traded Danny Granger to Philadelphia, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 56s
    Philadelphia is sending Evan Turner as part of a package to the Pacers for Danny Granger, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

We better be getting more than Turner

Edit: Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 56s
    Indiana has traded Danny Granger to the 76ers for Evan Turner and Lavoy Allen, league sources tell Yahoo

Don't know what to make of this. I love Danny Granger, Can't believe he's really gone.

Devastated but wish him the very best,

Welcome Evan Turner to Pacernation

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I think that's a great deal for the Pacers tbh. Granger wasn't at much these days with Paul George being the superstar he is now. Evan Turner will come in and contribute something to the playoff run.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Philly GM - We're coming for you Milwaukee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Don't forget lads, Heat @ Thunder at 1am followed by Rockets @ Warriors at 3:30am later. Two cracking games.
    I think that's a great deal for the Pacers tbh. Granger wasn't at much these days with Paul George being the superstar he is now. Evan Turner will come in and contribute something to the playoff run.

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

My only worry if I were a Pacers fan would be around the issue of team chemistry. Granger seemed to be very much "one of the lads", but I'm sure they'll get over it quick enough. Turner himself must be absolutely over the moon landing on a title challenger.

I think Lavoy Allen is an interesting piece in this too. If nothing else he gives them the opportunity to swallow more fouls on the Heat, at best another big to cause them more trouble.

• Advertisement

Rumor is 76ers SF Danny Granger will be bought out of his contract and the Clippers will be the runner up to sign him...

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Rumor is 76ers SF Danny Granger will be bought out of his contract and the Clippers will be the runner up to sign him...

Imagine if he signed with the Heat :pac:

Kobe's not happy:

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant 4m
    Not cool with @SteveBlake5 being gone AT ALL One of my closest teammates and psycho competitor GS picked up gem #smartmove

Paully D wrote: »

And played a pivotal role in Game 7 against Indiana to beat them, I'd legit die from laughter.

I'm not saying it's a bad move. Granger's contact is expiring. It's probably the right move to make at this time. Turner is a very good player and I think he will be very successful in Indiana

The worst of it is losing Danny. He has done so much for this team. He was The foundation the current team is built on. Without him I don't think we would be where we are today.

• Advertisement

He wouldn't do that to the Pacers.

He wouldn't do that to the Pacers.

pacers traded him why should he have loyalty to them

Don't forget lads, Heat @ Thunder at 1am followed by Rockets @ Warriors at 3:30am later. Two cracking games.

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

My only worry if I were a Pacers fan would be around the issue of team chemistry. Granger seemed to be very much "one of the lads", but I'm sure they'll get over it quick enough. Turner himself must be absolutely over the moon landing on a title challenger.

I think Lavoy Allen is an interesting piece in this too. If nothing else he gives them the opportunity to swallow more fouls on the Heat, at best another big to cause them more trouble.

No doubt Danny was loved and respect by his team mates. He will be missed

But I don't think there will be any chemistry issues. Turner seems like a good lad, I haven't heard anything negative about his character. He seems like a good worker who puts in his best effort every night. I think he'll fit in just fine with his new team mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Interesting post on Granger to Miami. Was reading si.com today and they (si) predicted Miami would go aggressively hard after amnestied players after the trade deadline. If he's bought out by Philly that's a nightmare scenario for Indiana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Pacers I feel are a better team than the Spurs right now, Pacers are younger with more quality and strength in depth than the Spurs.
    There is also less competition in the Eastern conference.

So all going well I think we can go between 68 - 14 to 70 - 12

Is now the right time to dig up this little gem?

You went back a good few pages to dig that one out. That record prediction was a little optimistic:o. Still not mathematically impossible:cool:

As long as we get that 1st seed. That's the Pacers goal for the season in the hope of winning a championship. Home advantage will help us win the Eastern conference, Not just the game 7 but Games 1 and 2 at home as well. Getting off to that 2 - 0 start would put us in a great position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I don't think the Pacers will get first seed and the bookies agree with me.

I don't think the Pacers will get first seed and the bookies agree with me.
    Hopefully Mr Durrant can help us allow the way tonight

Beers on chill, a bowl of Chilli Con Carne and shortly, the Nuggets @ Milwaukee.

Can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Lolballs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

They are two completely different players and people, almost opposite. If you could combine their abilities you'd have the the greatest players of all time.

You'd have Hakeem Olajuwon

Ah crap, Reggie commentating in OKC tonight.

@WojYahooNBA
    Orlando and Davis have reached agreement on a buyout and parting will be official on Friday morning, league source tells Yahoo.

So, LeBron came to play..

All Miami in the opening mins. Lebron on fire, KD yet to have a shot

Miami might never miss a shot again. :eek:

Perkins pulled already :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

LeBron just sees the game at a different speed to everyone else when he's on. Scary...

• Advertisement

Not a bad first quarter from James:

Bg9jx-GCQAAu04X.jpg

:pac:

Advertisement