Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Brooks says Perkins will start against Miami tomorrow.

What a ****ing idiot.
    A few bob on Miami 1Q more like! :pac:

Too obvious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

It's all too easy for Miami. Durrant needs to get his ass of the bench

Durrant comes off the bench, Reduced to lead to 9

Brilliant stuff. Westbrook is back in business. 7 point game

If I were a Heat fan, I'd be disappointed. OKC had to keep it within single digits half way during the second quarter and they did just that. Just need to cut down on those bonehead turnovers and KD to knock some shots in.

If Perkins starts the 3Q, I'm flying to OKC to strangle Brooks myself.

If Perkins starts the 3Q, I'm flying to OKC to strangle Brooks myself.

Bye Boards, wish me well.

• Advertisement

No OKC started the 2nd half like they started the game. Miami will win

OKC keep digging themselves a hole, then try to get out of it

Steve Blake on the floor for GSW

What happened to the post calling OKC pathetic and asking if there was anything else to watch? Hmm.

___

Good win for the Warriors without Bogut, especially given the Rockets match up well with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Blake gets traded from a team who loses to the Rockets. 24 hours later his current team beats the Rockets :pac:

Good start. Surprised they played him so early.

• Advertisement

Blake gets traded from a team who loses to the Rockets. 24 hours later his current team beats the Rockets :pac:

Good start. Surprised they played him so early.

I guess there was no reason not to, he was fit and ready to go.

Ade sees all :pac:

Just watching the highlights there, very block from O Neal and winner from Curry in the game last night, nice seeing him attack the rim instead of settling for an awkward contested jumper like he's prone to doing.

edit - Clippers are the front runners to sign Big Baby. Perhaps media putting 2 and 2 together with the Doc link.

@JakeLFischer
    Many around the league expect Danny Granger to sign with either the Miami Heat or San Antonio Spurs once the Sixers buy him out.

I wouldn't like to see him go to the Heat. And I'd like to think that he'd have enough respect for the Pacers, not to go to Miami.

If he did go, At first I would feel disappointed. He would definitely lose allot the respect of Pacernation. But ultimately this team is on a mission. Whoever tries to stand in our way will feel everything we've got. If the Pacers need to go through Granger along the way the so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I wouldn't like to see him go to the Heat. And I'd like to think that he'd have enough respect for the Pacers, not to go to Miami.

If he did go, At first I would feel disappointed. He would definitely lose allot the respect of Pacernation. But ultimately this team is on a mission. Whoever tries to stand in our way will feel everything we've got. If the Pacers need to go through Granger along the way the so be it.

He said he was pissed that he got traded, so I don't think he'd care if he went to the Heat and had to beat Indiana.

Personally, I'd love him to get a buzzer-beater series winning shot against Indiana just for the whole drama side of things :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

First and foremost, the NBA is a business. Pacers traded him, there's no reason he would have any loyalty to them especially if the opportunity to move to the one team that is likely to beat them comes up. As Pizzaman has said above, he has said he's pissed and I'm sure he would love the chance to shove the trade down the Pacers throats.

The Pacers front office are not stupid. They'd have known full well that there was a big possibility that he could end up in Miami, as the Heat made no big secret of the fact they will be looking to take on players after the trade deadline.

I hope it happens as it will be one more bit of spice to add to what should/will be an intriguing ECF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Paully D wrote: »

The Pacers front office are not stupid. They'd have known full well that there was a big possibility that he could end up in Miami, as the Heat made no big secret of the fact they will be looking to take on players after the trade deadline.

I hope it happens as it will be one more bit of spice to add to what should/will be an intriguing ECF.

Unlikely in my opinion.

Part of the reason he was traded was that he wasn't as effective coming off the bench.
    Same scenario would await in Miami.

Also, he was quite antagonistic in the playoff series between the teams 2 years ago.
    I doubt Miami would risk the great team chemistry they have to sign a guy that would only marginally improve them at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Does anyone think the bobcats and knicks have a good chance to win tonight or would you oppose them

What game is everyone watching tonight

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Does anyone think the bobcats and knicks have a good chance to win tonight or would you oppose them

Both have tough opponents. The Magic are not easy to put away in Orlando
    Bobcats v Pelicans is wide open aswell.

What game is everyone watching tonight

Nuggets @ Bulls for me. Well, I'll watch the first half before I inevitably fall asleep. Bulls going for 5 straight wins but haven't beaten the Nuggets in their last 5 meetings. For the first time in a long time, aside from the obvious Rose injury, we're fully healthy.

Nuggets @ Bulls for me. Well, I'll watch the first half before I inevitably fall asleep. Bulls going for 5 straight wins but haven't beaten the Nuggets in their last 5 meetings. For the first time in a long time, aside from the obvious Rose injury, we're fully healthy.

Yeah I think I'll have a look at that one aswell. Started off with Knicks v Magic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Haven't seen much of the bulls this season, I presume I should expect terrible offense shockingly good defense and a coach almost singlehandedly keeping them in contention to win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Big night for Big Al, he has 18 and 7 at the half. The man has been on a tear recently.

For the first time in a long time, aside from the obvious Rose injury, we're fully healthy.

Well that lasted about 10 minutes. Jimmy Butler looks in serious pain :( The amount of injuries this team gets is just beyond belief.

Warner Brothers have just announced in the last hour that Lebron James will star in Space Jam 2.

The movie will be produced by Charlie Ebersol and distributed by Warner Brothers entertainment

111 - 111 Overtime in Orlando

Bizarre dunk by Chandler there, He throws the ball down onto his head and it bounces back out from inside the rim. Goes down as offensive interfearence

Aw Vucivic has to be kicking himself. missed an easy tip in for the win. 113 - 113.

2OT

Great win for Orlando. Victor Oladipo 30pts, 14 ast, 9 reb
    Anthony had 44 pts 11 reb on the losing side

• Advertisement

Good win for The Pistons. Their big men combine to beat Atlanta

Monroe 22pts 15 reb
    Drummond 20pts 11 reb

Advertisement