Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

You have this attitude towards him But yet you feel he won't sign with the likes of tge heat because "he wouldn't do that to the pacers"?

What I said was, I'd hope he wouldn't go to the Heat. But If he did(which I don't believe he will). The Pacers will deal with it. If we meet Danny along the way, then so be it. we'll just have to take him out too.

It's not an attitude, The fans and players respect Danny and all he has done for Pacernation. But on the court its all business. When they throw that ball up, all bets are off, and we want to beat his team as much as they wants to beat us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Granger won't tip the scales in any contender's favour.

He's getting old, has dodgy kness, lost a step and has lost his lift on his jumpshot.

His fg% has been poor since he came back this season. He has had his moments but in all honesty he got his chance and he just isn't the same player pre-injury.

Don't get me wrong, I love Granger. He's a great guy and I feel sorry for him. He was the star player on a ****e team for years, but it's a business. Turner has shown in one game that he is much more versatile a scorer than Granger is now.

I hope he goes to the Spurs or Clippers and does well for them.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Granger won't tip the scales in any contender's favour.

He's getting old, has dodgy kness, lost a step and has lost his lift on his jumpshot.

His fg% has been poor since he came back this season. He has had his moments but in all honesty he got his chance and he just isn't the same player pre-injury.

Don't get me wrong, I love Granger. He's a great guy and I feel sorry for him. He was the star player on a ****e team for years, but it's a business. Turner has shown in one game that he is much more versatile a scorer than Granger is now.

I hope he goes to the Spurs or Clippers and does well for them.

could be a real good impact bench player if he can stay healthy. the trade was justified i just find it funny that a few days ago he would never go to the heat because he wouldnt do that to the pacers but yest it was who cares what happens him at philly.

could be a real good impact bench player if he can stay healthy. the trade was justified i just find it funny that a few days ago he would never go to the heat because he wouldnt do that to the pacers but yest it was who cares what happens him at philly.
    Possibly, but it's still up for debate. The team he could suit the most is the Spurs.

The thing is, Granger missed a lot of open looks off the Pacers bench aswell, and never made more than 5 field goals since his return.

I wouldn't be too worried if he did go to Miami. I wish him well.

Into the 2nd Q in Indiana. So far so good. 8pt lead. making full use of our deep bench

12 - 0 run by the Bucks to pull level at 50 at Half Time. Not to worry. Pacers will come out better 2nd half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

He is everywhere.............

Just a side note on Perkins and I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before but I assume everyone knows his dad played here (Ireland) in the 1980s?

That's interesting. What club did he play for, and what type of player was he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Caron Butler bought out by the Bucks.

Miami rumoured to be interested.
    This, I could see happening.

Definitely better option than Granger.
    Need someone to help space the floor with Mike Miller gone.

After a poor finish to the 2nd. Indiana end the 3rd with an 11 - 0 run to take a 7
    point lead.

Roy Hibbert bac to scoring ways with 18 pts 7 rebs so far
    George with 14 & 6

Lebron wearing a black protective face mask tonight
    BhhhZ5VCIAAsgZF.png

Soft.

• Advertisement

Great night for Roy Hibbert. 24 & 12. Pacers win. 101 - 96

TOR V WAS coming down to the wire. Tied a 102 with 1.20 min to go

OT in Toronto. 106 - 106 after regulation

OT2 in Toronto. 114 - 114 after OT

OT3 in Totonto. 118 - 118 after OT2

Final score WAS 134 - 129.

The NBA suspended Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins for one game and fined him $20,000 on Thursday for punching an opposing player and verbally abusing an official in a game earlier this week.

Danny Granger informed Doc Rivers on Thursday night that he will sign with the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Once Granger clears waivers to become a free agent on Friday at 5 p.m. ET, he will sign a deal for the rest of the season and give Los Angeles an upgrade at small forward for the franchise's championship chase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

You should really start providing the links to every bit of news you post!

kmart6 wrote: »
    You should really start providing the links to every bit of news you post!

Look it up for yourself if you want. I ain't your mama :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

I think he means that you should be referencing, rather than plagiarising :P :cool:

ec18 wrote: »
    I think he means that you should be referencing, rather than plagiarising :P :cool:

Obviously

Maturity shining through again!
    ec18 wrote: »

Exactly, constantly ripping off the actual source.
    Obviously

Don't need to look up anything you post up as it's generally already been covered elsewhere. But when you are just lifting paragraphs and tweets without acknowledging the source it comes across as another pathetic way to garner attention!

Maturity shining through again!

Exactly, constantly ripping off the actual source.

Don't need to look up anything you post up as it's generally already been covered elsewhere. But when you are just lifting paragraphs and tweets without acknowledging the source it comes across as another pathetic way to garner attention!
    get over yourself mate. we all get our information from somewhere. nobody is claming to be the primary source of any of this none of us are at every game inside every locker room at every press confence. Nobody outside of this forum gives a fck what we think

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I'm gonna be afk for a large part of today and all day tomorrow so this is a warning that if there's any little jibs or jabs of any sort I'll be acting on them straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I'll take over for you. No problem.

get over yourself mate. we all get our information from somewhere. nobody is claming to be the primary source of any of this none of us are at every game inside every locker room at every press confence. Nobody outside of this forum gives a fck what we think
    Reference the source when the info is not yours!

Woj reporting that Caron Butler is on the verge of signing with OKC. Gives them much needed
    added depth on the wing. Interestingly Woj goes on to say
    Caron Butler has chosen to sign with the Oklahoma City Thunder over the Miami Heat, league sources told Yahoo Sports.Despite close relationships and history with the Miami Heat, Butler decided that his best opportunity to make an impact and chase a championship belonged with Oklahoma City. Miami has lost out on the top two free-agent buyout players in Danny Granger and Butler.
    The fact that Oklahoma City stopped pursuing Granger several days before his Los Angeles Clippers commitment led many in the NBA to believe the Thunder were confident of securing Butler as a free agent.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Woj reporting that Caron Butler is on the verge of signing with OKC. Gives them much needed
    added depth on the wing. Interestingly Woj goes on to say

You seem to have deleted your line about Granger going to the Heat?

Too late he's going to the Clippers.

Reference: a little bird told me

You seem to have deleted your line about Granger going to the Heat?

Too late he's going to the Clippers.

Reference: a little bird told me

wow_tell_me_more.jpg

Reference the source when the info is not yours!

Let's see you practice what you preach then. "You want to pull me up on referencing". Now you have set the precedent to be pulled up on every post you don't fully reference from now on.

Harvard university style
    http://www.ucd.ie/t4cms/Guide69.pdf

You wouldn't take part in such a terrible act as plagiarism now would you?

Let's see you practice what you preach then. "You want to pull me up on referencing". Now you have set the precedent to be pulled up on every post you don't fully reference from now on.

Harvard university style

Oh that's just cute, referring to the Harvard reference system using the UCD guidelines!

Harvard university style

If you attend Trinity it's perfectly fine though.(Most won't get this one)

Let's see it K Mart. I hope you are willing to follow up on this moral crusade against plagiarism. I'm sure you wouldn't contradict yourself by not following up on your beliefs

Because of could that would make you a

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYK0lN_4euul0jAjGPbHaRLukrI9G0aLfVFcNwvtRIAAYs4reGJA

• Advertisement

Because of could that would make you

Eh what?!

Advertisement