Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Mod: Shut up talking about referencing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

kmart6 wrote: »
    Eh what?!

Seinfeld-Leaving.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

buyer95 wrote: »
    Woj reporting that Caron Butler is on the verge of signing with OKC. Gives them much needed
    added depth on the wing. Interestingly Woj goes on to say

Ouch.
    Anyone want to join the champs?
    Anyone?
    Jimmer?:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Some good games slated for tonight. Knicks coming off a crushing loss to the Mavs and a beatdown against the Heat arn't being given a chance tonight vs the GSW's, I reckon this will somewhat close. The Dubs have been a model of inconsistency, and the knicks will surely make a real effort to ensure Curry doesn't go off like he did the last time he played in the Garden. I won't quite say I think the knicks will win, but I think it will be a lot closer than the bookies are saying.(I hope) The game is on BT by the way, tip off 1.10.

Bulls vs Mavs will be an interesting one too. Talk about a clash of styles! The Bulls have scored a 100 points in each of the last 2 games(no you didn't misread that) and if they can get near that again then they could easily knock the Mavs off tonight. It has flown under the radar, but the Bulls have won 7/8 and the loss came against Miami, they have been rolling.

Other games don't jump out. Spurs, OKC and Suns should all win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any thoughts on Taj Gibson for the Sixth Man of the Year award? I see he's starting to get some national media attention backing him now. He's averaging 13 points and around 7 rebounds in just under 30 minutes a night, shooting 48%. I see Crawford and Jackson mentioned a lot for this award, but if Gibson's contribution on both ends of the court is considered then I think he deserves it (as of right now).

• Advertisement

Nick Young if he returns fairly pronto

D-League game last night had 3 players that were all at one point starters on the Lakers squad this season. Henry, Harris and Williams. Even though Henry only played as part of his rehab.

The struggle continues. Kind of getting used to seeing the Lakers with no Kobe :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Oh this place cracks me up, so much animosity here, use the ignore button dudes...

Warriors looking decent so far, always going to get open looks off the Knicks, early days...

wow, the Knicks players look as disinterested , zero defence.

God I hate being a Knicks fan. The team is playing with zero intensity right now. Defensively it's shambolic, none of the Knicks players understand rotations. Chandler keeps getting stranded in no mans land because of this. Transition defense has been below par all season, but is shockingly bad tonight. Offensively it's the same crap, except Felton has been worse than usual. The guy has been a turnover machine tonight(more so than usual). I won't criticise Melo, his shot is falling but he is working, going after boards and drawing fouls. This is not fun to watch.

Quiet on here tonight. Great story about Tyreke Evans, was trapped in an elavator in the team hotel until minutes ago. He is rushing to the arena as we speak, and is expected to start. Game is on BT btw.

• Advertisement

Jimmer Fredette has apparently committed to sign for the Bulls if he clears waivers per Woj. The Bulls need offense, particular jump shooting, and Jimmer could be a great fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

buyer95 wrote: »
    God I hate being a Knicks fan. The team is playing with zero intensity right now. Defensively it's shambolic, none of the Knicks players understand rotations. Chandler keeps getting stranded in no mans land because of this. Transition defense has been below par all season, but is shockingly bad tonight. Offensively it's the same crap, except Felton has been worse than usual. The guy has been a turnover machine tonight(more so than usual). I won't criticise Melo, his shot is falling but he is working, going after boards and drawing fouls. This is not fun to watch.

Yep, I can imagine how frustrating it must be to watch regularly, at least The Warriors are not as consistent in their inconsistencies.
    I will always be torn on Melo, he just frustrates the life out of me.
    Only silver lining is Hardaway Jr looks like he could have a good future.

Just got in and watched some highlights of tonights action.

A TD from Kyrie. 20, 12, 10. Hawes and Thompson were a force off the boards. Cavs outrebound the Jazz 56-31. Nice to see the Cavs picking up some results in recent weeks.

According to Brian Windhorst of ESPN. Lebron has been told he can't wear a black mask anymore. He must wear a clear mask from now on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Not sure Jimmer is a good idea for Chi, the Big Macs will be flowing if they get someone who can consistently hit the three ball. Think of the obesity rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

stuchyg wrote: »
    Not sure Jimmer is a good idea for Chi, the Big Macs will be flowing if they get someone who can consistently hit the three ball. Think of the obesity rate

There haven't been too many Big Macs this season, but a quality win last night against the Mavs. Don't think the Jimmer news is official, but would be useful, the team is one of the lowest in the league in 3-point shooting.

Paully D wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Taj Gibson for the Sixth Man of the Year award? I see he's starting to get some national media attention backing him now. He's averaging 13 points and around 7 rebounds in just under 30 minutes a night, shooting 48%. I see Crawford and Jackson mentioned a lot for this award, but if Gibson's contribution on both ends of the court is considered then I think he deserves it (as of right now).

I can't believe how much his offense has come on, didn't think it was possible at age 28, but he's developed a really nice low-post game, seemingly over the summer. Was watching the game last night and saying 'Holy ****, Taj is our go-to guy on offense!'.

The award I don't care a whole lot about, but I guess would be nice for him to get some recognition.

The worst decision our front office has made in recent times was not to keep Kyle Korver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Paully D wrote: »
    The worst decision our front office has made in recent times was not to keep Kyle Korver.

Posted that like 2+ years ago…….!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just home after a wedding and catching up on what I missed last night. Steph Curry getting a triple double in 3 quarters against the Knicks and joining truly elite company in the players who've scored 50+ pts and had a trip doub in the Garden - not sure it counts against this Knicks team though (lol).

Then Tyson Chandler behaves like a beeyatch to get himself ejected. At this stage, if I were a Knicks fan I'd be wiling to put everyone on the trade block (Inc. Melo) and start from scratch because it honestly can't get any worse. The only teams doing worse than NY at the mo are those in full rebuild or tank mode.

Posted that like 2+ years ago…….!

Me too, and I post about it every once in a while just to remind myself of how incompetent our front office can be. :pac:

The Indiana Pacers have confirmed that George Hill will not play tonight due to a bruised left shoulder he sustained against the Bucks. CJ Watson will take his place, making his 4th start of the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Wow, riveting news!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

kmart6 wrote: »
    Wow, riveting news!!
    Spoken in an informal forum manner aswell.

Jimmer to the Bulls is done per Nick Friedell of ESPN Chicago.

Adding a 49.3% 3 point shooter to a team ranked 27th in 3 point field goal percentage at 34% (only Boston, Detriot and Philly rank lower) can only be a good thing. We also rank 28th in field goal % so his 47.5% shooting there will also be a help.

I think there's a lot of unrealised NBA potential with him. Taj Gibson was saying to ESPN when talking about this move that playing on serious teams with focused players will bring out the best in most players and I feel there's a good chance that could happen with Fredette. Deng has alluded to the difference between what goes on in Chicago and Cleveland in training and the difference in intensity etc, so getting Fredette away from the Kings and into the Bulls/Thibs environment could be massive for his development.

It will be interesting to see how this one goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I like Jimmer but the dude is a seive on defense. Thibs will have his work cut out for him making him play into Chicago's defensive philosophy.

Having said that, if Thibs can make D.J f*cking Augustin look somewhat decent on D then there's hope for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Jimmer!

(I don't know if he's going to be good, I just like saying 'Jimmer')
    NufcNavan wrote: »
    I like Jimmer but the dude is a seive on defense. Thibs will have his work cut out for him making him play into Chicago's defensive philosophy.

Having said that, if Thibs can make D.J f*cking Augustin look somewhat decent on D then there's hope for all.

Think we can accomodate him defensively, it's a help-defense system and he'll have strong defensive players around him.

We'll see how it goes, but I'm excited about the signing. You always want options and variation, the Bulls have good defense and lack 3-point shooting, so it's just good to have some options there to change things up.

So Trevor Ariza has 20 points after 9:16 in the first quarter which includes 6/6 from 3. Yep!

He finishes with 24pts at the end of the 1st!

Stealing the limelight from Iverson's jersey retirement at the half.

Don't understand why teams would be bothered with signing Fredette. He was decent in college but he's a marginal NBA player who puts up less than 6pts per game and less than 2 assists. They'd be better off giving Mike Bibby a 10 day

Nice to see Allen Iverson get his number in the rafters at Wells Fargo Center. Well deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Don't understand why teams would be bothered with signing Fredette. He was decent in college but he's a marginal NBA player who puts up less than 6pts per game and less than 2 assists. They'd be better off giving Mike Bibby a 10 day

Your taking the p*ss I hope, dude was a lights out shooter in college, more then decent. As for his stats, let's see what numbers bibby would put up now in a limited role on the worst kings team in memory.

Let the Big Macs roll I say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Your taking the p*ss I hope, dude was a lights out shooter in college, more then decent. As for his stats, let's see what numbers bibby would put up now in a limited role on the worst kings team in memory.

Let the Big Macs roll I say

Athough I agree with your point, I have to say your memory must be pretty short if this is the worst Kings team you remember.
    The reason his role was limited is that this Kings team is pretty decent despite their record.

Advertisement