Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Take your beating, Knicks fans. You were defeated by a better team with better players, Paul George is a better all round player than Carmelo Anthony. The Pacers are your superior.

image.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I genuinely cannot take a try hard, cringe-fest of a poster seriously. Try harder.

Stephen A's. conversation with Frank, Lance, George, Roy, Paul and David

OKC downed the Clippers last night in a decent, albeit not great game. Despite me not being a fan of Griffin, he had a very good game for them I must say. That mid range shot was dialed in. There was so many head of wall Perkins moments too in the game :pac:

Highlight of the game was the TNT Half Time Report though, which had me in tears laughing . This being one of them -

823181108.gif?1385087798

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

BG played well alright. His game is showing signs of improvement and he's no lover just relying on pure (freakish) athleticism.

Anyone else think Chris Paul should have been DQ'ed for his foul on Sefolosha? Put it this way, if someone did that to Paul I'd say they'd go. Smaller guys get away with hard fouls like that easier than bigger players sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Anyone else think Chris Paul should have been DQ'ed for his foul on Sefolosha? Put it this way, if someone did that to Paul I'd say they'd go. Smaller guys get away with hard fouls like that easier than bigger players sometimes.

Nah, flagrant1 looked right to me.
    If someone had done it to Paul they may have gone (depends who did it), but that would have been the bad call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Top 2 teams in the league in payroll a combined 6 wins, excuse me while I laugh.

BG played well alright. His game is showing signs of improvement and he's no lover just relying on pure (freakish) athleticism.

He's making steps to improving for sure, however, I'll wait till the playoffs come and go before fully praising him. I still remember him (and the team) ballin' during that 17-0 run or whatever it was last season and people and media alike were blasting their load thinking they were all that. Obviously Doc is the X Factor here, that goes without saying. I do hope the Clippers get the Grizz in the first round again though, that will be Blake's big test. Z-Bo is his nightmare match-up.

Agree with BQQ. Definitely a flagrant 1, but as you both said, if it was the other way around, well.. it wouldn't be surprised to see Thabo or someone else be thrown out of the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Take your beating, Knicks fans. You were defeated by a better team with better players, Paul George is a better all round player than Carmelo Anthony. The Pacers are your superior.

image.jpg

Eh, George is fortunate to have great team mates.

Carmelo only has ...... One and 1/2 team mates Shrumpret and JR Smith (being the half)

Bit harsh targeting Carmelo have is one man performance

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Top 2 teams in the league in payroll a combined 6 wins, excuse me while I laugh.

Although not really his fault but Knicks must despise Stoudamere .all that money and only one real decent tradeable player (not referring to melo )

As for Nets, ha ha ha ha ha. While I understand thr desire to move to win championships, I wonder does Kevin I bleed green Garnett feel silly slagging off Allen ,since he went, not only to division rival but to New York

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Nevaeh Nervous Lip

Although not really his fault but Knicks must despise Stoudamere .all that money and only one real decent tradeable player (not referring to melo )

As for Nets, ha ha ha ha ha. While I understand thr desire to move to win championships, I wonder does Kevin I bleed green Garnett feel silly slagging off Allen ,since he went, not only to division rival but to New York
    Everybody knew it was stupid giving aware that contract at the time Knicks should continue hating Dolan amare is just an innocent bystander

And Allen left in free agency for less money garnett was begrudgingly traded very different scenarios

Few games on tonight.

Nets are being blown out in Minnesota, at HT they're down 20 atm

Spurs with a double digit lead at HT in their game against the Grizz, the big story is Marc Gasol heading back to the locker rooms havimg what looked like twisting his knee. edit - sprained knee according to ESPN.

Good first half from the Celtics, but Pacers have taken over in the third quarter. They better win by 7 at least.

Kind of a bummer that the Wizards fall short in Toronto despite Wall's best efforts. He shot 15 from 20 for 37 points.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Nets are being blown out in Minnesota, at HT they're down 20 atm

Up 32 going into the 4Q..

FT: 111-81, sesssh.

____

Rose has left the game, non-contact injured his right knee :S Left knee was the issue last time out I realise that. Hope he is okay nonetheless.
    Thibs says he'll have an MRI in LA tomorrow.

Blazers comeback in the second half to beat the Bulls, 9 win streak now.

___

Christ, Iguodala injured now and won't return in the @warriors game :-/

Lakers win in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Not again :(

A WGN Chicago sportscaster's source says the Bulls believe it is a torn ACL.

Don't even know what to say.

Missed last nights games. Just saw some highlights now of my pacers going 11 - 1. Paul George again the star of the night with 27 points. S/O to Luis Scola contributing 17 points from the bench. Such a asset to be able to rotate out D West and lose nothing on the floor.

Can't ignore the Blazers right now, 9 wins in a row, 2nd team in the West. They definitely have a dog in this fight.

As much as I dislike the Bulls. I wouldn't wish potential career ending injury on any of their players, especially one as great a D Rose.
    He's not only an important player to Chicago, He's important to the league. Nobody benefits from this, It's a horrible situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Oat23 wrote: »
    Not again :(

A WGN Chicago sportscaster's source says the Bulls believe it is a torn ACL.

Don't even know what to say.

Not again is right. :(

576248_10150701643682286_635682285_9590913_1439910824_n.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Oh for **** sake :( If that's a torn ACL, I can't ever see him being the same player again. :(

Chatting with the father (doc) over on Skype this morning, showed him a clip of what happened, he wasn't able to give a definitive opinion it goes without saying, but he DID say it could easily have been be a partial tear from putting excess pressure on his right leg. If true, well he could be back by the All Star (3 month period Rose would be looking at). Hopefully that's the worst news for him when we find out his MRI results later.

Chatting with the father (doc) over on Skype this morning, showed him a clip of what happened, he wasn't able to give a definitive opinion it goes without saying, but he DID say it could easily have been be a partial tear from putting excess pressure on his right leg. If true, well he could be back by the All Star (3 month period Rose would be looking at). Hopefully that's the worst news for him when we find out his MRI results later.

The thing is, his style of play dictates he's always going to put so much pressure on his knees and now (it looks like) he'll have had bad injuries to both in the space of 2 years. Not a good sign going forward :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The Indiana Pacers are significantly better than last year. That's scary.

Paul George was obviously a fantastic player last year, but he simply didn't have the ability to routinely take over games on the offensive end. Now he does. You started to see the ability in the Miami series and knew that he could be scary good this year with a summer of hard work. This guy is at the point where he can drop mid 20's with little effort at all, and can easily get into the 30's on any given night. The fact that we now have a player who can take over on offense like he did against NY the other night makes us a much more dangerous team. Most teams that advance deep in the playoffs have that special player who can take over on offense at the end of the game and will the team to victory. That's what Reggie was in the 90's, and that's what PG is turning into right now. You can tell that this guy worked his ass off to improve his offensive game over the summer. I just love when that mid range J is falling.

I love watching Lance's confidence grow with each game. He is such a great passer. Sure, he can still get a bit wild at times like against New York the other night, but this dude just dropped a triple double last night with only ONE turnover. That's incredible. Last year he understandably played somewhat passively on offense because it was his first year of big minutes and he didn't want to make mistakes. But his confidence has shot through the moon this year and I just love watching it. The chemistry between him and West/Scola is a beautiful thing. I love watching him dish it out to Scola for a wide open J that seems to be an automatic J.

Speaking of Scola, you just can't put into words how big it is to have a guy like that who can routinely score double figures off of the bench. The fact that we made it as far as we did last year without that sort of player is amazing. The addition of Scola was exactly what this team needed. You can tell that he gets more comfortable with each passing game. The chemistry with him and Lance is fantastic. Also, does anyone else notice how much this guy seems to smile? You can tell that he very much appreciates the fact that he is playing on an elite team that is competing for a championship.

They just have that "we're going to win and there is nothing you can do about it" swagger to them. They get their opponent's best shot every night, but teams simply aren't good enough to beat them. They might hang around for a while or even take the lead into the half, but they just wear everyone down in the second half. Vogel's halftime adjustments are spectacular and they come out in the second half with suffocating defense.

This team could definitely make a run at 65 wins. They are that good.

Marc Gasol has a grade 2 MCL sprain and no surgery required. Good news. I hope Rose gets similar news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Everybody knew it was stupid giving aware that contract at the time Knicks should continue hating Dolan amare is just an innocent bystander

And Allen left in free agency for less money garnett was begrudgingly traded very different scenarios

Garnett was not begrudgingly traded. He had a no trade agreement in his contract.
    Allen left to win a ring. Garnett abandoned ship cos Pierce was going.

Bulls guard Derrick Rose sustained an injury to his right knee against the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday night.

Subsequent examinations and an MRI confirmed a medial meniscus tear to his right knee, which will require surgery. Rose is out indefinitely, and will not accompany the team on the rest of its current road trip.

:(:(:(

On the positive side, it could have been a whole lot worse.

Think that's exactly how it needs to be looked at. At least it's not his ACL. I remember CP3 tore his meniscus in '10 (maybe it was '09?) and was out for a couple of months.

Edit - completely forgot about Westbrook, that was 5 months :s

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just flashed up on my phone that rose has a torn meniscus and will need surgery and is out indefinitely. Jesus he can't catch a break.

Think that's exactly how it needs to be looked at. At least it's not his ACL. I remember CP3 tore his meniscus in '10 (maybe it was '09?) and was out for a couple of months.

Edit - completely forgot about Westbrook, that was 5 months :s

Yeah, anything short of an ACL was good news, but it's so disappointing for his playing to be cut short just as he's starting to properly get things going again.

From a team point of view, best case scenario I guess is that Rose comes back for an end of season run/playoffs, but it's hard to see him being anything close to 100% for the playoffs, physically or mentally.

I am a Celtic fan.I don't blame Allan one bit,he was treated badly ans was due to be trade.still take him back

I love Garnett,he can still defend dont blame him for leaving

But the behaviour of doc, pierce and Garnett towards Allen (despite going to a real rival ) was disappointing.

After all we all know tha Boston hate new Yorkers and Brooklyn are a division rival as oppose to just another conference rival

Anyone fancy Portland to beat a very tired and injured warriors despite bad record in Sam Francisco?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Nevaeh Nervous Lip

I agree I understand what Allen did and I'm disappointed how the other 3 acted but garnet didn't want to go untill the cs basically decided they where rebuilding

Advertisement