Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

stuchyg wrote: »
    Your taking the p*ss I hope, dude was a lights out shooter in college, more then decent. As for his stats, let's see what numbers bibby would put up now in a limited role on the worst kings team in memory.

Let the Big Macs roll I say

Just because you can play in college, doesn't mean you can make it in NBA. This guy is the definition of that statement

BQQ wrote: »
    Athough I agree with your point, I have to say your memory must be pretty short if this is the worst Kings team you remember.
    The reason his role was limited is that this Kings team is pretty decent despite their record.

Yeah this is far from the worst kings team. That team Kenny Smith played on in the late 80s was god awfull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Lads come on now with the Jimmer is the saviour of the world stuff. Just checked my old posts and I posted 2 years and 11 months ago (pre-draft) why he'd not make it to the next level in the pros even though I praised him for his college game. I'd repost but I'm on an iPhone at the moment but will dig it out later.

In a nutshell, he's too small and slow and play at an athletically elite level like the NBA. Not saying he can't have a solid role playing career, but he will never be a superstar in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Tune in for Jimmer-mania, 6pm.

@KCJHoop: Jimmer Fredette will be available vs. Knicks. Wear #32.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lads come on now with the Jimmer is the saviour of the world stuff.

Who is saying that? Bulls fans are just happy that we have someone who can shoot a three pointer, and Jimmer can certainly do that. He's not going to add anything else apart from shooting but that's exactly what we need from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

In a nutshell, he's too small and slow and play at an athletically elite level like the NBA. Not saying he can't have a solid role playing career, but he will never be a superstar in the league.

Don't think even the most ardent bulls fan is saying has all star in him never mind superstar but he is an exceptional shooter when given the chance and that's what we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Sleeve jerseys for tonight's game to celebrate Noche Latina

BhfwR6fCUAASTtn.pngBhvBQjDIEAEpzax.jpg

Surprised Indy didn't come in for Jimmer…….:D

Lolballs.

Surprised Indy didn't come in for Jimmer…….:D

Lolballs.

We have Donal Sloan

We have Donal Sloan

Another Irish NBA player after Pat Burke! Yay! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

We have Donal Sloan
    Sloan is a fairly mediocre shooter.

Could end up biting us on the arse this evening, but :pac:

NBA Legion ‏@MySportsLegion 3m
    Joakim Noah on facing Knicks: "It hasn't been a real rivalry the last few years, since we just kick their ass."

The Knicks clearly have no interest in playing a game tonight. No intensity on either end of the floor and it's obvious they have quit on Woodson. There's a difference between not being good enough and not trying, and the Knicks just aren't trying.

I feel sorry for their fans.

EDIT - Good comeback from them in fairness. Noah with 10 assists at the half :O

Paully D wrote: »
    Could end up biting us on the arse this evening, but :pac:

NBA Legion ‏@MySportsLegion 3m
    Joakim Noah on facing Knicks: "It hasn't been a real rivalry the last few years, since we just kick their ass."

Ah Noah….! Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Don't understand why teams would be bothered with signing Fredette. He was decent in college but he's a marginal NBA player who puts up less than 6pts per game and less than 2 assists. They'd be better off giving Mike Bibby a 10 day
    Really, did he not win ever award going in college, it take a lot to look good in a team with no idea, crowded backcourt and ball hog players all over the place

Utah have a small 1pt lead in Indiana at the half. It's a game that has yet to really take off. Both sides have shared the lead. Hopefully it picks up 2nd half.

edit. A 30 pt 3rdQ puts the pacers in a 5pt lead going into the 4th. D West the high point man with 21, close behind Paul George with 19

Win in the bag. 5 game winning streak, Leading the Eastern Conference, Best Record in the league. Things couldn't be going better for Pacernation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Win in the bag. 5 game winning streak, Leading the Eastern Conference, Best Record in the league. Things couldn't be going better for Pacernation
    They could start playing well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

They could have zero losses.

They could have zero losses.
    impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

padraig_f wrote: »

The Bulls aren't one of my favorite teams at the best of times. But I do like Noah. He's the kind of player any team would love to have on their roster.
    He's also very underrated, When conversations come up about the best players in this league, he's usually forgotten.

nice to see allen iverson getting love around the league if i was taking players from throughout history to start there career now he'd be top 4-5 great player to watch as a neutral

Steven A goes in on the Knicks on First Take

Danny Granger, Officially a Clipper.
    BhnjVUGIcAAbCpn.jpg

Grizz end the Wizz 6 game winning streak. 110 - 104 in Washington

Wow. Lebron has 55 points right now in the 4th against Charlotte.

edit:Now 57. His career high and an all time Miami Heat record.

edit: Comes out of the game with 61 Points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

Crazy end to the Wizards game, Wiz shaped to turn it into a 3pt shootout, but Grizzlies held their nerve.

Bulls have been shocking in the bits I've watched, 24 turnovers so far.

Oden looked reasonably good up against Jefferson in the bits of the Heat game I saw...

The NBA's most pathetic team, The Knicks go down to Detroit for their 7th loss in a row and their 40th loss of the season. Teams like the 76ers and Bucks haves some excuse that they might be tanking for a pick. But the Knicks have no pick. They are just terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

The NBA's most pathetic team, The Knicks go down to Detroit for their 7th loss in a row and their 40th loss of the season. Teams like the 76ers and Bucks haves some excuse that they might be tanking for a pick. But the Knicks have no pick. They are just terrible.

They really are coming into the season I was expecting the lakers to be the story of bad ownership/terrible organisation. But the knicks are making the lakers look like good this season. at least the lakers have a reason for being bad they are stacked with cheap value contracts and are at least kinda watchable. But the knicks.....it's hard to see a team drop off so much from last year with no positive outlook going into the offseason. Maybe Melo leaving could be a blessing in disguise for them....

Advertisement