Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

benway wrote: »
    Bulls have been shocking in the bits I've watched, 24 turnovers so far.

The Bulls didn't play well, but thought the Nets played a really good game. Very impressed with them defensively, the Bulls turnovers were too high, but a lot of it was because the pressure they were put under.

The Nets will be a factor in the playoffs, think they make the conference semi-finals and give Indiana or Miami a tough series. People saying the Heat/Pacers don't want to play the Bulls, but I wouldn't want to play the Nets either. Deep squad, a number of players that can cause you problems, and from what I can see, Kidd has turned it around and has them playing hard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

HT in Indiana. GSW lead by 6. Need to step it up 2nd half. George and West playing the best basketball. Big Roy's gotta get himself into this one

D West Ballin'. Pacers closing the gap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Terrible shot clock management combined with PG insisting on taking the big shots cost the Pacers a game they had no business being in tonight. Awful stuff all around.

Hats off to Klay for a nice game winner though.

Damn. Last second loss. Clutch finish from Thompson.

• Advertisement

Need some help from the Rockets to cancel this out. So far they have an 8pt lead in the 3rd

Great game. Only watched a few min and it;s already been better than the GSW game

Fck me, Lebron is not a human being. Unreal shot to finish 3rd

Phew They've waived it off. Too late

What a half of Basketball. Rockets beat the Heat. Great win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Warriors proving how overrated the Pacers really are, Pacers just don't have what it takes when it really matters, if they somehow manage to win the East they will be easily taken care of by the West.

:pac:

Warriors proving how overrated the Pacers really are, Pacers just don't have what it takes when it really matters, if they somehow manage to win the East they will be easily taken care of by the West.

:pac:

I'm sorry but who has the best record in the league? Who has a 29 - 4 home record? Which team as the lowest points conceded average in the league?

• Advertisement

I'm sorry but who has the best record in the league? Who has a 29 - 4 home record? Which team as the lowest points conceded average in the league?

Hahaha, you are too much.
    I am off to bed to spank one out thinking about klay thompson, you know what that like I bet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

Not looking great for the Pacers tonight, either. Big Al chewing them up, just an artist in the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

8 points in 12 minutes of play. Shocking.

Just been a terrible night. Big Al is lights out. Still a Q to go. Not completely over yet

All Charlotte. A game to forget for the Pacers. Full credit to the Hornets. They deserve this win. They will give a good account of themselves in the playoffs. They may not advance but teams will be made to earn their series wins in Charolette

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

Big Al is lights out.
    And there's the 3 ball. Jefferson is poetry in motion when he gets going, criminally underrated imho.

Dunno what's up with the Pacers, just didn't show up. PG 0-9 from the field?
    padraig_f wrote: »
    The Nets will be a factor in the playoffs, think they make the conference semi-finals and give Indiana or Miami a tough series. People saying the Heat/Pacers don't want to play the Bulls, but I wouldn't want to play the Nets either. Deep squad, a number of players that can cause you problems, and from what I can see, Kidd has turned it around and has them playing hard.

Fair point - even more so on tonight's showing, putting a hurting on Memphis - no Z-Bo though.

At least they were, back down to 9 now.

Pacers are falling apart, coming down the stretch and it seems like it will be too much for them. Maybe if they make a big signing in the off season they might challenge next year.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Pacers are falling apart, coming down the stretch and it seems like it will be too much for them. Maybe if they make a big signing in the off season they might challenge next year.

:p

They should go for an experienced pro who understands the mental toughness required to survive adversity and injury etc. in the league. Someone like Danny Granger maybe.

:)

They will give a good account of themselves in the playoffs. They may not advance but teams will be made to earn their series wins in Charolette

Lol.

This would be the same Charlotte team that Melo and LeBron each went for 60+ against, right?

Congratulations to The Indiana Pacers. They are the 1st team into the NBA playoffs

image.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

So bitter.

How about Paul George? 0-9 in 34 minutes. Superstar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Another triple double for Noah last night. The man is playing lights out this year. Also, I am being proved very wrong about Augustin. I thought his signing was nothing more than a one way ticket to losing more games, but it has been quite the opposite. 26 points off the bench last night and he's averaging 14 and 6 for the season.

I think the benefit of good coaching was evident in last nights game too. Thibs rotations worked well, but the Pistons only used 7 players and despite being level after 3 quarters were gassed for the 4th quarter with Drummond, Monroe and Smith all playing 40 + minutes.

Congratulations to The Indiana Pacers. They are the 1st team into the NBA playoffs

image.png

ya but there playing in one of the worst conferences ever and there only competition is a heat team that does not care about the regular season.

none the less they've done what they've had to and its nice to see one good team playing hard in the east

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Paully D wrote: »
    Another triple double for Noah last night. The man is playing lights out this year. Also, I am being proved very wrong about Augustin. I thought his signing was nothing more than a one way ticket to losing more games, but it has been quite the opposite. 26 points off the bench last night and he's averaging 14 and 6 for the season.

I think the benefit of good coaching was evident in last nights game too. Thibs rotations worked well, but the Pistons only used 7 players and despite being level after 3 quarters were gassed for the 4th quarter with Drummond, Monroe and Smith all playing 40 + minutes.

I'm of the same opinion, I was grumbling about Noah earlier in the season as I didn't think he was justifying his existence at the time. He's been absolutely vital, along with Gibson over the last 6 weeks. The only thing I'd be worried about is burnout, Noah and Butler have been putting in some mad minutes of late.

Atlanta gone on an awful slide of late after their great start to the season, only for the sheer ineptitude of whats below them, you'd see them losing that 8th spot.

image.png

The irony that a loss put them in the Playoffs is obviously lost on you I see DRD!

ya but there playing in one of the worst conferences ever and there only competition is a heat team that does not care about the regular season.

none the less they've done what they've had to and its nice to see one good team playing hard in the east

Yeah It's nice to have playoffs secured regardless of the circumstances. It's up to Frank and the players to make sure we get that 1st seed. There are some tough games ahead for us but also for Miami. They have to go to San Antonio tonight. never an easy place to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The Pacers earned my trust this year. I'm not going to cave into the 'sky is falling' mentality, or "be worried" or worse.

I'm disappointed that we've let a great chance to extend our lead over Miami slip away and we're now neck and neck with them.

I'm frustrated that we're playing poor offensive basketball and our defense comes and goes in (too short) spurts.

But at the same time, there are still many games to be played in the regular season. We're still integrating a new rotation player, and we still are waiting to see if Bynum can give us anything. I would rather we hit our lull now and re-peak in a month than the other way around.

Gotta admit though, I'll be really pissed off if we don't get the #1 seed. Thankfully, we still control our own destiny where that is concerned. We have head to head matchups with Miami still, and they aren't going to go undefeated the rest of the way either.

But we really do need to start playing with some more consistent effort and fire. If we want that ECF Game 7 in Indiana, we have to bring that NOW.

Frustrating couple of nights. But we'll bounce back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm of the same opinion, I was grumbling about Noah earlier in the season as I didn't think he was justifying his existence at the time. He's been absolutely vital, along with Gibson over the last 6 weeks. The only thing I'd be worried about is burnout, Noah and Butler have been putting in some mad minutes of late.

He was playing injured at the start of the season. He probably should have been sitting it out but the way he is he would play on one leg if he could.

I agree with you on burnout. Thibs has turned it down a small bit this season, but Bulls players get through a mammoth amount of playing time before the playoffs even start.

Pacers will get #1 seed the heat don't care about homefield

Pacers will get #1 seed the heat don't care about homefield

I don't think either side will be willing to give up an inch in this race. I don't believe the Heat will just defer advantage to us. A race to the end will benefit the younger pacer team.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    He was playing injured at the start of the season. He probably should have been sitting it out but the way he is he would play on one leg if he could.

I agree with you on burnout. Thibs has turned it down a small bit this season, but Bulls players get through a mammoth amount of playing time before the playoffs even start.

Question to a Bulls fan. What do you think of the possibility Carmelo might join the Bulls next season. Would he be a good fit in Chicago?

Advertisement