Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

stuchyg wrote: »
    Hopefully Il still awake for the Bulls game tonight, I was at the Center to see them play the Cats, heres some pics, I realise they are from a couple months ago

Cool pictures. Was that the 103-97 win or the 86-81 win? Either way at least you got to see a good game to make up for Rose being out. Getting over there for a game or two is on my bucket list. I hope to be able to tick it off over the next few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Paully D wrote: »
    Some interesting games tonight. I'll watch Bulls/Grizzlies at 12 and hopefully stay awake for the Pacers/Rockets later. I have seen very little of the Rockets this year, have you lads been impressed with them?

Seen them a few times recently and have found them very surprisingly impressive. Think they will have too much for the out of sorts Pacers too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Wwwwwwwwhat? No Paul George? No Lance Stephenson? ;)
    Too early to tell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Cool pictures. Was that the 103-97 win or the 86-81 win? Either way at least you got to see a good game to make up for Rose being out. Getting over there for a game or two is on my bucket list. I hope to be able to tick it off over the next few years.

103 game, biggest roar of the night was for Jo on the intros. Second biggest was for the 100 point bucket.

It rally is something to see, the sheer size of it, great buzz inside too. They have live bands playing on every floor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Why do I always only bet when I'm up early . Need to move across the pond :P. Bulls not favoured tonight but expecting a good game and win.

• Advertisement

Bulls 12-15 Grizzlies after one quarter. The Bulls offense is shocking even by our standards. 6/24 from the field, 0-6 from three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Some interesting games tonight. I'll watch Bulls/Grizzlies at 12 and hopefully stay awake for the Pacers/Rockets later. I have seen very little of the Rockets this year, have you lads been impressed with them?

They were very poor for the first half of the season, there didn't seem to be any cohesion there. I like McHale, I think he is a good coach and knows how the game should be played but it took some time for Howard to settle in, he was a major disappointment for much of the season, for the talent he has, he underperformed. They relied too much on Harden just taking it on himself, maybe that's more Hardens attitude than anything.
    They seemed to have turned the corner and look like a much better team, they have two extremely talented centers, Harden and Parsons is playing brilliantly.
    I think they may be missing a piece to be serious contenders but very dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

But he is top 10 in my opinion.
    Hard to argue with that list, although you'd have to say that especially Dr. J and Hakeem, but also Isiah Thomas and maybe David Robinson would be knocking on the door. Plus guys who had the careers but not the rings like John Stockton and to a lesser extent Karl Malone, serial All-Stars like Dominique Wilkins and Clyde Drexler and members of the supporting cast who would've been franchise players in their own rights like Worthy, Pippen, Parrish and MacHale. Plus I'm not a position to comment on anything before the mid-80s ...

All subjective, of course, but even if That Guy hasn't surpassed all those guys already, there's little doubt that he will do before he's through. So yeah, hard to argue.

Noah playing his heart out, great matchup with Gasol.

Olynyk's going well for the Celts, 11pts, 5 rebounds in 10 minutes. Hard to predict at this stage if he's really going to be a player, but I definitely enjoy his point guard trapped in a centre's body routine.

benway wrote: »
    Hard to argue with that list, although you'd have to say that especially Dr. J and Hakeem, but also Isiah Thomas and maybe David Robinson would be knocking on the door. Plus guys who had the careers but not the rings like John Stockton and to a lesser extent Karl Malone, serial All-Stars like Dominique Wilkins and Clyde Drexler and members of the supporting cast who would've been franchise players in their own rights like Worthy, Pippen, Parrish and MacHale. Plus I'm not a position to comment on anything before the mid-80s ...
    Yes all good players but the probablem is there are only 10 spots.
    The players I reluctantly had to leave of were Olajuwon and O. Robinson

Good start from Indiana. Couple of nice steals from George.
    Not a great half but we've managed to pull it back to within reach at the half

• Advertisement

Wow, Paul George with the most blatant travel I've seen in a long time, maybe he could be a superstar....

Wow, Paul George with the most blatant travel I've seen in a long time, maybe he could be a superstar....

We've been disappointing in this game again. But there's still time

This is very worrying now. 3 straight losses. The team has not been playing well. We need to get it together, get back on track.

Houston just whooping the "best" team in the nba, Pavers just don't have an answer, wheels are coming off...

On Houston, they can be so dominant when they get going, great energy on defence, when Howard plays well, it makes them a great defensive team, Harden is just lights out.
    Still think they might rely a bit too much on the 3, Harden is multi talent and hard to stop so when they get rolling it's very pretty to watch, reminds me of the Warriors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

That was a long night. The highlight for me? James Harden channelling his inner Russell Westbrook:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24472334/james-harden-wore-a-cowboy-hat-and-boots-tonight

:D

All subjective, of course, but even if That Guy hasn't surpassed all those guys already, there's little doubt that he will do before he's through.

Incl. Jordan? Come on………...

Olynyk's going well for the Celts, 11pts, 5 rebounds in 10 minutes. Hard to predict at this stage if he's really going to be a player, but I definitely enjoy his point guard trapped in a centre's body routine.

He was my outside bet for Rookie of The Year. I think he'll be a fine player with the right handling and rotation etc. I've been very impressed with him on some nights and on others, he looks like the rookie he is. But he has game. Now if only he had a voucher for a barbers in Boston……...:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

Incl. Jordan? Come on………...
    Jesus Christ no, not a chance. Ever. No matter what he does from here, he's never going to be "Mount Rushmore" or even close.

I mean just surpassing the there or thereabouts crew and the guys I'd put probably the guys I'd put comfortably ahead of him at the moment (Dr. J, Hakeem, Stockton) in terms of rings and numbers.

ESPN reporting that Phil Jackson is getting closer to taking the Knicks basketball operations job. It would be great to see him back in the game although as a Bulls fan, seeing him with other teams is like seeing your ex with someone else :pac:

Melo definitely won't be going anywhere if it happens. I didn't think he'd leave the money on the table anyway but I couldn't see him leaving money and Jackson.

The most inevitable thing about it all is that Dolan won't be able to help himself from interfering and will make a mess of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

PG's back sort has me a little concerned. Having experience with back issues myself, I know that it can really be a worrisome sign. The fall looked bad; his comments immediately after the game weren't very encouraging; his follow-up performance of 2 points on 0-9 shooting is a concern; and mentioning his back after that game as having effected his game was concerning.

I'm hoping it's just muscular and not disc or nerve related. Everyone compares him to McGrady, who himself had back issues. Just hope that fall didn't begin that process.

As for Jackson, I hope he steers well clear off the sorry ass franchise that is the New York Knickerbockers. Why would he piss on his legacy like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

NufcNavan wrote: »
    PG's back sort has me a little concerned. Having experience with back issues myself, I know that it can really be a worrisome sign. The fall looked bad; his comments immediately after the game weren't very encouraging; his follow-up performance of 2 points on 0-9 shooting is a concern; and mentioning his back after that game as having effected his game was concerning.

I'm hoping it's just muscular and not disc or nerve related. Everyone compares him to McGrady, who himself had back issues. Just hope that fall didn't begin that process.

As for Jackson, I hope he steers well clear off the sorry ass franchise that is the New York Knickerbockers. Why would he piss on his legacy like this.

This is such an idiotic comment, on so many levels. First of all, Jackson's legacy is secure. He has won 13 NBA Championships, 11 as coach and 2 as a player. Michael Jordan has failed spectacularly as the owner of the Bobcats and I don't see anyone saying that it has tarnished his legacy. Jackson has nothing left to prove, and if he wants to be given the keys to a franchise, I say more power to him. He has earned that right.
    It is important to remember that he won his 2 playing titles as a Knick, so there is a strong possibility he still has an emotional attachment to the Knicks franchise. But apart from all that, the guy is a basketball genious, and would probably make a good fist at turning around the Knicks. Stephen A. is reporting that his role will be head of basketball operations and may include him coaching the team next year, if he accepts the Knicks offer.
    In a season full of despair, adding The Zen Master would make the future a tad brighter for the Knicks.

It would be a major boost to the Knicks to get Phill involved. It sounds like his roll would be similar to what Larry Bird does for the Pacers. The Knicks need a man like that to run the team the right may. Right now the Knicks are in terrible shape, and I think the problems start with the owner James Dolan. Dolan needs to let Phill take control of the team.

I agree Phill's legacy is pretty solid.

The man does have a pretty nice Jewelry collection

Count-the-ringzzzzz.-Photo-via-@PhilJackson11.jpg

The Knicks look like they are going to make a run at the 8th seed, in spite of themselves. Woodson seems to have happened upon inserting STAT into the lineup, but the Knicks are 3-1 since he has returned to the starting line up. I'm happy for the guy, he is a great pro who has just been cursed with bad knees. It's not his fault he has a crazy contract. But STAT has been exceptional in the last 4 games, putting up 17 and 7 rebounds in just 27.5 minutes a game. J.R has finally started to play a bit recently too, and has really picked it up on the offensive end. The team has looked better defensively over the last 4 games too. I fear that it is too little too late however, and I think that we have left ourselves with to much to do. It is heartening that we are starting to play better anyway...

Interesting interview with Chuck. Don't necessarily agree with all he says, but I do agree with what he is saying about Paul George.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Bulls/Heat going down to the wire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

What a play by Butler, great no call by the officials too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

kmart6 wrote: »
    What a play by Butler, great no call by the officials too!

Twice in 2 minutes on LeBron, we're going to overtime!

Brilliant finish in Chicago. Noah, What a player. Bulls beat the Heat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Didn't know you could see into the future, game isn't in the books yet!

Impressive OT by Chicago!

• Advertisement

Yeeeaahhhhh boy! :D

Advertisement