Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Thankfully The Heat have not taken any advantage of the Pacers 3 game losing, by losing 3 games themselves.

Pacers go to Dallas tonight. A tough game but I'm sure the Pacers would have watched the Bulls game and hopefully take some extra motivation for tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

What is it about Gibson and the Heat?

Any excuse to break out that clip, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Any interesting or big games on tonight, its just that seeing as they are on a bit earlier i might watch a couple:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

KD with the triple double but the Lakers up by 12 on the Thunder after 3. Jodie Meeks has 38 points....... thats right, Jodie Meeks has 38!
    shamrock55 wrote: »
    Any interesting or big games on tonight, its just that seeing as they are on a bit earlier i might watch a couple:)

yeah, some good games on tonight - Blazers@Rockets or Raptors@TWolves would be my picks to watch with Suns@Warriors following

Oh, Pacers@Mavs looks good with both teams really needing the W as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Lets go Los Lakers. Up 17 early in the 4th

• Advertisement

KD with the triple double but the Lakers up by 12 on the Thunder after 3. Jodie Meeks has 38 points....... thats right, Jodie Meeks has 38!

yeah, some good games on tonight - Blazers@Rockets or Raptors@TWolves would be my picks to watch with Suns@Warriors following

Oh, Pacers@Mavs looks good with both teams really needing the W as well

Cheers for that, ill prob watch the raptors anyway, could i just ask who do you think is more likely to win tonight, the pelicans or celtics

Cheers for that, ill prob watch the raptors anyway, could i just ask who do you think is more likely to win tonight, the pelicans or celtics

I'd go with the Pelicans although Denver have won their last 3. Pistons should deal with the Celts comfortably enough

benway wrote: »
    Jesus Christ no, not a chance. Ever. No matter what he does from here, he's never going to be "Mount Rushmore" or even close.

I mean just surpassing the there or thereabouts crew and the guys I'd put probably the guys I'd put comfortably ahead of him at the moment (Dr. J, Hakeem, Stockton) in terms of rings and numbers.

John Stockton ahead of LeBron?

Not sure about that

Jodie Meeks hits 40 with 7 minutes in the 4th.

Some check the sky for pigs!

Now 42

Thunder/Lakers a 5 point game

HOLY S**T WESTBROOK!!!!!!!!!!!

3 point game, Thuunder ball with 45 seconds left

• Advertisement

Thunder/Lakers a 5 point game

HOLY S**T WESTBROOK!!!!!!!!!!!

3 point game, Thuunder ball with 45 seconds left

THAT DUNK!!!!!

Lakers win it 114-110 with Meeks going for 42

Oh and...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

NBA.com's headline - KD notches triple double.

WTF? That's all they can come up with after that game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Jo has to be all first team centre, Howard is great and all but where would this team be if you swapped the two players. Bulls wouldnt be pushing the way they are thats for sure.

NBA.com's headline - KD notches triple double.

WTF? That's all they can come up with after that game?

The Lakers are irrelevant his season.

Felexicon wrote: »
    John Stockton ahead of LeBron?

Not sure about that

Stockton was good. But no way he compares to James. Stockton is in the all time top 50 but not top 10

The Lakers are irrelevant his season.

It's the NBA. It's not the OKC-Miami show.

Bottom team beat the top team with a Laker player getting 40+ points for the first time since 2009, other than Kobe. The best headline they can think of is about KD getting a triple double in a game that they lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That defense from Butler gets better every time you see it. LeBron went 2-11 from the field when Butler was guarding him. He got a nice little kick in on LeBron too :pac:

Gibson had flu and food poisoning. Noah singing 'Put On' by Young Jeezy in the showers after the game "I put on for my city" :)

This Bulls team just hate the Heat. After the disappointment of the Eastern Conference Finals in 2011 I just want a healthy Bulls team to get one more shot at them in a playoff series. If it happens and we lose it, fair enough. But I want one more shot before they're finished.

Had Meeks in my fantasy squad, forgot to start him today. FFS.

Stockton over Lebron easily at this moment in time, imho. He may not have a ring, but he's the all time leader in not one but two categories (assists and steals) and by a big, big margin for both.

Would have liked to heard what Noah was saying to Bosh and LeBron in one of the last few plays when Chicago were at the FT line. Looked like he was just shouting and winding them up. I love his intensity.

• Advertisement

Anyone watching pistons - celtics game, pistons need a shoe up the arse if they wanna make play offs, not going by this first half they wont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Pistons have been in freefall for quite some time.

Can i ask who is the best 3pt shooting team or player in the nba?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Anyone watching pistons - celtics game, pistons need a shoe up the arse if they wanna make play offs, not going by this first half they wont

Drummond, Monroe and Smith all on double doubles...and they're still losing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Marcus Thornton is playing like he has a point to prove.

Going to town on his old team. 25 pts in 21 mins so far.

benway wrote: »
    Had Meeks in my fantasy squad, forgot to start him today. FFS.

Stockton over Lebron easily at this moment in time, imho. He may not have a ring, but he's the all time leader in not one but two categories (assists and steals) and by a big, big margin for both.

Take Stockton off that Jazz team and put LeBron in and Karl Malone has a ring. The same is not guaranteed the other way around.

I know it's cool to hate LeBron but the fact is he's something we've never seen before.

Will he ever compete for G.O.A.T with Jordan? Hell no, but he will come as close as few others have so far

Can i ask who is the best 3pt shooting team or player in the nba?

Curry and Thompson at Golden state.

Great fight back by the Pacers at the end of the 2nd to go within 3 at the half. It was looking like the Mavs might be running away with it, But The Pacers have closed the gap. Lance has been the man

Felexicon wrote: »
    Take Stockton off that Jazz team and put LeBron in and Karl Malone has a ring. The same is not guaranteed the other way around.
    Take Jordan off that Bulls team, put in Lebron and Stockton has a ring.

Also, FWIW, I think a big three of Stockton, Wade and Bosh would be there or thereabouts.

I've already given you (through gritted teeth) that That Guy will undoubtedly be top ten of all time by the time he's through, not sure what more you want from me. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

Exciting finish in Houston. Harden with the clutch 3 and Beverly nearly wins it with a 3 point floater.

Heading to overtime.

Harden,Beverly and parsons with 5 fouls could still be a factor. Lopez and Lillard on 5 aswel.

Advertisement