Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Can i ask who is the best 3pt shooting team or player in the nba?

The best 3pt shooting team is the Spurs.
    Hawks and Lakers make the most 3s per game, but SA are more efficient.

Curry makes the most 3s; Kyle Korver has the best percentage of those that take 5 or more shots per game.
    Curry's shots are generally more difficult though.
    It's debatable who is the best and there are plenty more guys in the conversation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

art_bailing_water_fro1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Wheels really coming off for the Pacers now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Raf32 wrote: »
    Wheels really coming off for the Pacers now.
    Tonight was better, at times at least. Turnovers killed us and Mavs hit some crazy shots.

I think that possibly due Vogel's 'uber positive' mentality, he is hesitant to "send a message" to guys like Scola who are just stinking it up on the court.

What detriment would there be having Cope on the floor over Scola right now? There is literally nothing that Cope would do that could possibly be WORSE than what Scola is doing. And I like Luis!

Everyone is concerned about Cope being a step slow on defense. Well Scola is 2 steps slow right now. At least Cope has range to stretch the defense and put points on the board.

But Frank just refuses to budge from his rotation, despite the glaringly obvious struggles.

He has his reasons I am sure. I'm doing my best to give him the benefit of the doubt, because I think he's earned it.

But it's frustrating. The Scola/Cope thing is just 1 of several big issues that he is really stubborn about right now.

bailing_water_fro1.gif

Turnovers are killing you guys. 21 there tonight.

Dirk was stone cold, but it didn't matter as they had about 15 more shots than the Pacers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Tonight was better, at times at least. Turnovers killed us and Mavs hit some crazy shots.

I think that possibly due Vogel's 'uber positive' mentality, he is hesitant to "send a message" to guys like Scola who are just stinking it up on the court.

What detriment would there be having Cope on the floor over Scola right now? There is literally nothing that Cope would do that could possibly be WORSE than what Scola is doing. And I like Luis!

Everyone is concerned about Cope being a step slow on defense. Well Scola is 2 steps slow right now. At least Cope has range to stretch the defense and put points on the board.

But Frank just refuses to budge from his rotation, despite the glaringly obvious struggles.

He has his reasons I am sure. I'm doing my best to give him the benefit of the doubt, because I think he's earned it.

But it's frustrating. The Scola/Cope thing is just 1 of several big issues that he is really stubborn about right now.

Agree strongly about Scola, he was brilliant at the start of the season but he has been nothing but awful for a couple of months now

I agree Copeland should be getting more minutes. Tonight has to be the end of this bad run. The next 4 are very winnable games. Celtics at home, 76ers and Pistons on the road, then back home against The 76ers.

I think we can go 4 - 0

Miami have a home stand against Wizards, Nets, Nuggets and Rockets.

Hopefully the go at least 3 - 1, possibly 2 - 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Good win for the Bulls yesterday, always sweet to beat the Heat. Another big game for Noah, I liked the in-game interview with his dad, which coincided with Noah guarding Lebron.

My impressions of Miami is they're not as good as last year. I don't think they have the same 3-point threat, I checked the stats afterwards, and Battier and Ray Allen's numbers are down...Battier shooting 34% from 3 (down from 43% last year)...Ray Allen 36% (down from 42% last year). Maybe age catching up with those guys. They also cut Mike Miller in a money-saving exercise, and I see he's shooting 44% from 3 in Memphis.

As a team....last year: 2nd in 3-point percentage, 6th in 3-pointers attempted.
    This year....10th in 3-point percentage, 16th in 3-pointers attempted.

That's a lot of 3-point shooting gone, and the Heat rely a lot on that from their role players.

Not sure if the Bulls can beat them over 7 games, but they look quite beatable to me.

padraig_f wrote: »

Not sure if the Bulls can beat them over 7 games, but they look quite beatable to me.
    I think the bulls are the only team that could really prevent the eastern finals being a pacers v heat series. The bulls seem to be a bit of a boggey team for miami.

I think the bulls are the only team that could really prevent the eastern finals being a pacers v heat series. The bulls seem to be a bit of a boggey team for miami.

Not in the playoffs.
    I'd be stunned if the Bulls beat Miami in a playoff series.

They might beat the Pacers though the way they're playing.
    Nets could pose problems to either team if they get it together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Didn't think this was likely, but apparently it is: Jackson likely taking Knicks' job

Think it would be fun, the NBA's a more interesting place with Jackson in it. Just not sure it'd be successful, coaching and GM are pretty different, and Jackson's a pretty spiky character, who hasn't always got along with the front office people. But the Knicks have nothing to lose I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Anyone fancy the raptors to beat the nets tonight, they are playing really well lately and had a good win last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Wizards only down 2 points after taking 26 shots versus Miami's 12 shots. The ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

it's gonna be a good game. Gortat with 7 offensive rebounds(10 total) in under 10 minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Philly are gonna end their losing streak tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

Jimmy Butler upping his game quite a bit for the Bulls. He covering all aspects of the floor, unselfishness with the ball, getting into pick-and-roll, to post, he's the full package. Needs to develop a consistent jump shot though.

First look at what Bynum brings to The Pacers tonight

Played 4 min of the 1st Q, Doing well. 2 pt, 5 rebounds and an assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Celtics have gotten away with some outrageous flops. My Lord.

Bynum was surprisingly good. A near Double, Double. in 16min of play

Anymore users want to sign up for our March Madness Bracket league. We have 4 players so far. Send me a message if your are interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Wow, on the day that the Lakers confirmed what we all, already knew(Kobe is done for the year) Kobe came out swinging, firing shots at Jim Buss, Kupchak and D'Antoini. In what looks to have been a premeditated move to cause a storm, both Magic and Kobe have made very disparging comments about how the franchise is being run, on the same day, at around the same time. Only last week we heard Kupchak telling the media that "Patience is key." Kobe clearly does not believe this too, he made what I can only describe as extremely barbed comments about the front office.
    "You have to start with Jim," Bryant said. "Start with Jim and Jeanie. How that relationship plays out. It starts there in having a clear direction and clear authority. Then it goes down to the coaching staff. What's Mike going to do? What do they want to do with Mike?"-Kobe.
    Kobe was then asked directly on his thoughts about rebuilding. Clearly this is not something he is willing to consider.

"No. No. Nope. Not one lick," he said.
    "Oh, yeah, let's just play next year and let's just suck again. No. Absolutely not," he said. "It's my job to go out there on the court and perform, no excuses for it. Right? You've got to get things done.
    "Same thing with the front office. The same expectations they have of me when I perform on the court, it's the same expectations I have for them up there."
    He's obviously not pleased with the Lakers' upper management.
    "How can I be satisfied with it? We're like 100 games under .500. I can't be satisfied with that at all," Bryant said. "This is not what we stand for, this is not what we play for."
    Kobe was then asked a question regarding Jackson. His response was one of disbelief that the Lakers would stand idly by while he goes to join the Knicks front office.
    "You know how I feel about Phil. I have so much admiration for him and respect and have a great relationship with him," he said. "Personally, it would be hard for me to understand that happening twice. It would be tough. I don't really get it."
    The "twice" refers to Jackson losing out to D'Antoni after Mike Brown was fired five games into the 2012-13 season.
    What Kobe said was obviously very calculated, he holds huge sway and these comments could well force the Lakers into a few panic trades this offseason to try and become relevant again.

"Kobe Bryant is the face of the Lakers' team," Magic wrote. "Who is the face of the Lakers' organization?"

Magic went onto endorese the idea put forth by LA Times columnist Bill Plaschke that Jim should sell the team if they let Jackson leave. https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/443827627523342336
    Source: LA Times

This all seems very calculated by Magic and Kobe. The Buss sibblings are barely on speaking terms, and these comments appear to be an attempt to unseat the woefully inept Jim Buss.

Anyone's game in Miami. BK in the lead in the 4th

its obvious as day to any nba fan that jim has to go. im not surprised people invested in the organization are doing anythink they can to help it. cant see anything changing tbh hes hardly going to fire himself and he will get ridiculed forever as inept if he sells anyway so he may as well keep going and hope he bumbles on to success. the big advantage he has is that the lakers are probably the sexiest name in the nba and that may attract a few free agents.

Aw fantastic. Brooklyn hang on for the win over Miami. I thought they had lost it with 3 soft turnovers in the 4th. Pierce was very good, Very impressed with Teletovic too. Clutch finis from Williams in the last min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Really good game between Warriors and Flippers last night, was neck and neck until Jackson left the bench in against the Flippers starters at the end of the 3rd, 5 p t lead turned into a 9 or deficit pretty quick.
    But another physical and intense game, hope they meet in playoffs.

Getting a new found respect for Griffin, his game is improving and is not just a dunk machine.

Kobe the coach killer wants D'Antoni gone after this season

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/03/13/morning-shootaround-march-13-2/#lakers

kobestare.gif

Kobe the coach killer wants D'Antoni gone after this season

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/03/13/morning-shootaround-march-13-2/#lakers

kobestare.gif

to be fair a lot of lakers fans wanted him gone the minute he signed. in kobes defence (and iv been very critical of him over the years) the great players like him deserve a say in the coach particularly when its this terrible an appointment.

to be fair a lot of lakers fans wanted him gone the minute he signed. in kobes defence (and iv been very critical of him over the years) the great players like him deserve a say in the coach particularly when its this terrible an appointment.

Also with it being Kobe's last year of his career he'll definitely want as good a shot as possible at winning a ring. MDA probably doesn't cut it for him but who else can they pick up?

Also with it being Kobe's last year of his career he'll definitely want as good a shot as possible at winning a ring. MDA probably doesn't cut it for him but who else can they pick up?

cough phil :D i dont know tbh but dantonis a terrible fit

• Advertisement

cough phil :D i dont know tbh but dantonis a terrible fit

Haha I've written off Phil coming back anytime soon.

Advertisement