Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

The pitiful 76ers pushed the Pacers all the way, but come up short. Doubly good night for the Indiana if Denver can hold on in Miami!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Piss poor performance from Indiana. They ain't beating anyone in the playoffs, never mind Miami, if they don't sort out their awful turnover issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I honestly think the raptors could be a bit of a dark horse, they are playing great stuff for a while now ( i hope so anyway)

The Raptors have been playing great stuff since the Rudy Gay trade. Themselves, Wizards and Bobcats could prove a nuisance to the big dogs (Heat, Pacers and dare I say the Nets as well) in the East.

Denver's weathered the initial storm.

• Advertisement

Is this gonna be miamis 3rd home loss in a row?

LeBron has been dreadful in the 4th, and that's being kind.

Terrible call against Miami there, sessh. Actually, any sympathy is down the drain with the obsession to let LeBron hit 3's at the death. Denver wins.

Nuri, ijust seen on one of your posts that you are heading back to queens, what part you in, i spent 3mths there(maspeth) last year, id love to go back actually:(

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Nuri, ijust seen on one of your posts that you are heading back to queens, what part you in, i spent 3mths there(maspeth) last year, id love to go back actually:(

Bayside if you know of it, near enough to Flushing. In Manhattan atm though. I know if Maspeth alright, never been in the neighbourhood for any significant time admittedly, usually passing by if anything.

Lakers might lose by 40 again..

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Bayside if you know of it, near enough to Flushing. In Manhattan atm though. I know if Maspeth alright, never been in the neighbourhood for any significant time admittedly, usually passing by if anything.

Was working in manhattan mainly myself but did a bit in long island too so passed flushing a few times how long have you been over, im sorry i never went to msg and my sister worked next to it aswell

Lakers kept it to under 40, kudos.
    Was working in manhattan mainly myself but did a bit in long island too so passed flushing a few times how long have you been over, im sorry i never went to msg and my sister worked next to it aswell

Nice. I've been out here since August last year. MSG is awesome, special aura.. like Anfield ;)

Lakers kept it to under 40, kudos.

Nice. I've been out here since August last year. MSG is awesome, special aura.. like Anfield ;)

Nice one, are you a nicks or nets fan?

Nice one, are you a nicks or nets fan?

Neither. I did consider myself a fan of the Knicks once upon a time ago, but looking back, I wasn't really a fan as such. I do have a soft spot if anything for them due to travelling to NY a dozen times and attending my fair share of games. I feel it's good for the NBA and the city if they're doing well, and that's another reason I'd like to see them do well. I'm sure the city was buzzing throughout last season for example.

If things panned out somewhat differently, I'd suppose I'd be obliged to be rooting for the Raptors since I lived in Toronto for a couple of years, but I was only a kid back then so have no recollection of the Raptors.

All in all, I'm a fan of the team I'm betting on any given night :pac:

Mark Jackson, Mike Woodson and Mike Brown.

Things in common?

First name starts with the letter M.
    First name is four letters long.
    Their rotations and timing of them absolutely suck.

Cavs - Warriors really does have a similar feel to Nuggets - Heat from earlier. Can see a road win here.

Cavs were down 18 at one point in the first half, now up 13 at the start of the fourth..

Cheers Cavs.

e2cc97caf35ccdb9993e55f017b59877.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Wow! Miami lost again. At home to Denver. Their 5th loss in their last 6 games.

Lebron played 40m, 8/17 from the field, 0/4 from the 3 point line. Just 21 pts

Next up Miami face James Harden and the Houston Rockets.

Neither. I did consider myself a fan of the Knicks once upon a time ago, but looking back, I wasn't really a fan as such. I do have a soft spot if anything for them due to travelling to NY a dozen times and attending my fair share of games. I feel it's good for the NBA and the city if they're doing well, and that's another reason I'd like to see them do well. I'm sure the city was buzzing throughout last season for example.

If things panned out somewhat differently, I'd suppose I'd be obliged to be rooting for the Raptors since I lived in Toronto for a couple of years, but I was only a kid back then so have no recollection of the Raptors.

All in all, I'm a fan of the team I'm betting on any given night :pac:

Thats gas, i used to be a celtics fan many moons ago but i gave up on the nba for years, im only back watching it again this season really and i seem to be swaying towards the raptors myself, its mainly teams from east coast i get to watch cos of time games are on i guess, and ive seen alot of raptors lately and they look fairly impresive

plus i know they have been ****e the last number of years, so its good to see them doing well, i dont normally like following popular teams anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

LeBron has come out and said Wade's improved health has "thrown his game out of rhythm." Big confidence boost for Wade that, I'm sure he loved that comment :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

He was talking about not getting the ball enough in the 4th quarter before the last game, and he said the team needs to work on that.

He went out and scored 1 basket in the 4th the next game. Good stuff LeBron.;)

Nets wizards should be a good game tonight, any other good match ups to keep an eye out for? Pacers should surely win tonight right?

• Advertisement

Smith isn't shooting stupid jumpers from beyond the arc so far. Pistons playing well overall.

Bynum looks good since coming in, impact is there to see.

Nets wizards should be a good game tonight, any other good match ups to keep an eye out for? Pacers should surely win tonight right?

Kings vs Bulls, Cousins vs Noah later should be decent.

Pistons taking a gigantic dump on the Pacers once again. Up 19 at the half. It's quiet in here tonight.

Noah is doing Noah things out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Pistons are blowing it :(

Cracking finish coming up in Washington right now, 91 a piece. Wall has 30.

Gooden and Miller providing that extra spark for the Wizards off the bench.

I've never ever heard the Verizon Center that loud... and Wall with the steal and dagger, what a comeback win!

Nuggets and Pacers making huge comebacks in their games too..

Pacers need to keep Bynum out there and they'll win this. Smith has returned to type A again :pac:

Nuggets and Pacers making huge comebacks in their games too..

Pacers need to keep Bynum out there and they'll win this. Smith has returned to type A again :pac:

Hibbert back in and Detroit hanging on for dear life

Edit: Tied with 1 min left
    edit: OT

BQQ wrote: »
    Hibbert back in and Detroit hanging on for dear life

I thought tonight would be rather dull in all honesty, incredible drama in all the games. Even the late one is tight.

Atlanta hold on, just about.

Pacers - Pistons all tied up again(!), Pacers with a chance to win it... and it's going to OT. Paul George with a terrible shot at the end.

Pacers have this.

• Advertisement

Agh.

Smith type A just jacking up bricks :mad:

Advertisement