Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Good comeback by pacers in fairness

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

BQQ wrote: »
    Agh.

Smith type A just jacking up bricks :mad:

He's hilarious as he is depressing. So much talent, but nothing between the ears. When he's aggressive and drives at the hoop it's brilliant usually, but he falls in love with his jumper far too much even when it's not dialled in. I can't complain anyway as I lumped on Pacers in play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

:D

Bulls hold on, the best two way center in the league comes up big for them. Free throws killed the Kings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Missed the action tonight. Great to see the Pacers won, albeit in OT after a comeback from 25 down. Won't get away with that in the playoffs. Great to see Bynum is showing he can still ball. 15pts 9reb in 20min of play.

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Bulls hold on, the best two way center in the league comes up big for them. Free throws killed the Kings.

You gotta like Noah no matter who ya support He's a great player. One of my favorite players outside my own team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

San Antonio at mighty Utah tonight for chance to become first team to win 50 this season - how many times have you heard that over the last 15 years? Truly remarkable, esp. when you consider how Pop rests players and the rotation policy they employ.

Not sure what's happening with Miami at the mo. I'd be worried if I were a fan, but I'm not so not too bothered. Pacers are so-so too at the moment. Team everyone will want to avoid? Chicago, who incredibly have won more games than any other team in 2014, even after (daftly IMO sending Deng to the Cavs).

The gap between the East and West is still there though, as with today's standing only 2 Eastern teams would make the playoffs were they in the West. Mad. And those Western teams beat each other up every night too, thus making it harder to accumulate wins in the West than the East. Strange year, but likely stranger to come over the next few weeks as teams get into full on tank mode and resting players etc for the playoffs.

What a lovely a day it is today :)

Kemba Walker is so good to watch for the Bobcats, really enjoy watching their starting unit with Big Al and MKG. Neal was a fantastic acquisition too as they really needed an outside, dependable shooter.

Suns in Toronto atm, 7 point game with under 5 minutes to play.

Rockets @ Miami up after that.

What a lovely a day it is today :)

Kemba Walker is so good to watch for the Bobcats, really enjoy watching their starting unit with Big Al and MKG. Neal was a fantastic acquisition too as they really needed an outside, dependable shooter.

Suns in Toronto atm, 7 point game with under 5 minutes to play.

Rockets @ Miami up after that.

Yeah Heat/Rockets is the highlight of the NBA tonight. Hopefully the Rockets can keep the Heat losing run going.

Other than this game the NBA takes a back seat tonight to SEC and BIG10 finals. Virgina beat out Jabari Parker's Duke team to take the ACC championship

While I do think the B2B vs the Grizz played it's role in the Raptors downfall (seemed quite tired after their efforts the night before), great win for the Suns. Green and Dragic were terrific as per usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

For Christ sake, spoilers!!

It's not like I wanted to know who won the Virginia/Duke game seeing as I had it recorded for later:mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

It's not like I wanted to know who won the Virginia/Duke game seeing as I had it recorded for later:mad:

Ah in fairness if you don't want to know the result of a game then avoid the thread until you've watched it I'd say! Thread would be impossible to scan through with spoilers!

Entertaining, run n gun basketball early doors. LeBron looks back. Shot 90% from the floor (9/10 shots)!

Ah in fairness if you don't want to know the result of a game then avoid the thread until you've watched it I'd say! Thread would be impossible to scan through with spoilers!

I was on about the Duke/Virginia spoiler in DRD's post. Wasn't expecting to see that in the NBA thread, especially when we have a thread for March Madness.

Sorry mate, My bad : D Virginia may have won the ACC but I think Duke will progress further in the NCAA tournament.

Alright. No more college related posts here. Dare is right. should have put that in the March Madness thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

This is the NBA thread, there is also a "March Madness" thread.

Some dunk by Lebron there. :eek:

Edit. To hell with Lebron's dunk. What about Patrick Beverley dunking all over Chris Bosh.

Crunch time coming up. 6 minutes left, Rockets up 5.

And now they've imploded in the space of 50 seconds.

Pathetic from the refs. 3 point shot by Beverely, Howard tosses the ball to ref to get a technical and a free throw for Miami who proceed to go on a 9-0 run. Then another silly technical, and it ends up a 15-0 or something silly.

Houston have decide they should stop playing 4 min early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Of course Joey Crawford is trending on twitter after that game

Crunch time coming up. 6 minutes left, Rockets up 5.

And now they've imploded in the space of 50 seconds.

Howard tosses the ball to ref to get a technical and a free throw for Miami

That was fcking ridiculous and the commentator called the refs out on it as well. Jeremy Lin is fcking useless.

Why the hell did Houston even bother playing hard for 42 min if they were going to sh1t themselves with 4 min to go in the 4th quarter. I'd be sickened if I were a Rockets fan who paid money to see that game.

A little worse for wear this morning, but **** me, what a finish in Golden State - Blazers last night! Everyone in my local bar was proper into it. That last quarter, heck, entire second half was sensational viewing. Curry and Thompson were out of worldly.

Gonna see if I can get some tickets for Suns - Nets later. Gotta be rooting for Dragic, Bledsoe and co :P

Wow, tickets really are so much cheaper than MSG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I'd be sickened if I were a Rockets fan who paid money to see that game.

Or if you were a Pacers fan who very much wanted to see Miami lose ;)

Rumours are that Kyrie is done for the season with the bicep injury he got in the 1st Q against the Clippers last night.....:(
    Why the hell did Houston even bother playing hard for 42 min if they were going to sh1t themselves with 4 min to go in the 4th quarter. I'd be sickened if I were a Rockets fan who paid money to see that game.

Because they're the Rockets. Shur against OKC earlier in the season, they scored 73 points in the first half and 19 in the second. 19 points in 2 quarters

Turning point -

FlashyNeglectedFoxterrier.gif

Official standing right beside LeBron and Lin looking straight at the play :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Turning point -

FlashyNeglectedFoxterrier.gif

Official standing right beside LeBron and Lin looking straight at the play :rolleyes:

That's a superstar no-call.

You'll enjoy the Barclays Ade, it's far more modern than MSG and is impressive in its own right.

Kyrie Irving has left biceps strain. Out 2 weeks, will be reevaluated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Philly 24-21 The Pacers, end 1Q

Advertisement