Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Iggy out indefinitely with strained left hamstring. Big loss for the Warriors, though Curry might be back tonight I think.

_____

Kings got mugged in LA a little earlier, a couple of really crappy calls and CP3 taking over late stopped them picking up the W. Cousins didn't allow his teammates to shake CP3's hand :pac: Don't blame him after CP3's flop on Cousins last year.

Iggy out indefinitely with strained left hamstring. Big loss for the Warriors, though Curry might be back tonight I think.

_____

Kings got mugged in LA a little earlier, a couple of really crappy calls and CP3 taking over late stopped them picking up the W. Cousins didn't allow his teammates to shake CP3's hand :pac: Don't blame him after CP3's flop on Cousins last year.

i4onNtEA0n4dR.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Was depressed all day with that D. Rose news, someone tweeted last night that source close to the team said they feared an ACL injury, which I didn't think anyone would tweet unless they were pretty sure. Actually a bit relieved to hear it's the meniscus, although still serious enough. Seems like a reasonable chance of getting back this season.

Projecting recovery time for Derrick Rose after meniscus surgery

I'm sure they'll be ultra cautious, but another year out would've been devastating.

John Wall tearing it up against the Knicks atm. Stat looking a bit like his old self too.

Decent game.

Yup, another great game from Wall. 31 points leads the Wiz to a 9 point win.

Anyone fancy Portland to beat a very tired and injured warriors despite bad record in Sam Francisco?

Heads up, Curry is playing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Heads up, Curry is playing.

Funny thing is , had I known that he was definitely playing at the time of putting.g the bet on (I knww he might play but only got that confirmed late) I might not have been so bullish about Portland.

But, with Aldridge and Lillard on fire , I thought they might sneak it,since the rest of the team might be more knackered and Iggy was out

That was a sweet bet,a case of he who dares wins and blind ignorance. Alas your singles tactics are spot on. Did a Denver to win under 10 points single bet too, and could not resist a small double with that .nice night.the next few nights might be rubbish

Have a small checky 4/1 bet that OKC will bet Utah by 11-16 points. Not too confident on that one though.

And, form a sports point of view (no way was I touching that from a betting point of view after hearing,wrongly, that Sullinger might be out), despite the pathetic collapse in the third quarter against the mighty Pacers, Celtics came back from the dead to defeat the sworn enemy, Atlanta Hawks, happy days. Seems that they get more joy away from the Gardens.

padraig_f wrote: »
    Was depressed all day with that D. Rose news, someone tweeted last night that source close to the team said they feared an ACL injury, which I didn't think anyone would tweet unless they were pretty sure. Actually a bit relieved to hear it's the meniscus, although still serious enough. Seems like a reasonable chance of getting back this season.

Projecting recovery time for Derrick Rose after meniscus surgery

I'm sure they'll be ultra cautious, but another year out would've been devastating.

Despite the stop start season after a tremendous pre season, Abulls are good enough to get into the top 4 or top 5 play offs spots so from a regular season point of view I would.not worry too much for the Bulls.Anything can happen in the play offs. Just get past the 1st round. Kendrich is a fine replacement (so long as he does not get injured) maybe on hindsight Nate Robinson's departure was premature (he is doing okay at Denver, another chap who has played on both Knicks -Denver team from that famous fight night lol, think all of those involved later switched teams lol)

Really worry though come play off. Bulls will loose more guys. They were motoring along fine, Rose was getting back into it and the usual weaklink, Carlos Boozer has come on leaps and bounds. Worry about the offense game.

The dude simply cant catch a break.

Hope Deng is holding up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Gutted to hear the rose news, heading to the bulls in Jan and was really looking forward to seeing him play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

We should be watching Rose v Paul tonight :(

Paully D wrote: »
    We should be watching Rose v Paul tonight :(

I have a strange feeling that despite (a) bulls finding it hard to score and (b) flippers scoring for fun, the bulls can bully flippers tonight and beat them!

Clippers defence suck, they ,a NBA contender could only bet a Kings team in overtime last night. I say this realising that bulls are without rose and the other buck (cant think of his name atm) and the road has not being kind.

What does everyone else think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

I have a strange feeling that despite (a) bulls finding it hard to score and (b) flippers scoring for fun, the bulls can bully flippers tonight and beat them!

Clippers defence suck, they ,a NBA contender could only bet a Kings team in overtime last night. I say this realising that bulls are without rose and the other buck (cant think of his name atm) and the road has not being kind.

So much for that.

If it's any consolation, I thought the same. So much so, it cost me a little over a $100 :pac:

Really thought they'd knuckle down and show up after what happened to Rose, but maybe it'll take a little bit of time really get back in that defensive groove they had last year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Bulls have a pathetic road record of 1-6. The 3rd wort in the entire league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

The game didn't go to overtime, it was "won" in regulation. I quote won because they only got the win due to ridiculous officiating and the usual flopping/crying from Paul and Griffin. They're such a hateable team. Happy that they have no chance of winning a title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Well thanks to injuries my 2 picks for Conf. Champions look pretty screwed right now. Rose's injury genuinely scuppers Chicago's chances for a number of reasons, namely the seeding and home court chances slip because of his absence but also we've seen how rusty he was looking so far this year (save for the occasional spurt), he's going to have to go through all of that again when he returns. :(

Golden State have Steph Curry and his glass ankles in and out of games week by week, Iguadola's injury is listed as "out indefinitely" (which is very strange for any kind of hamstring injury) and after Saturday night Bogut will likely be sitting for a while.

Sigh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Rose officially out for the rest of the season. Bulls have some tough choices to make if docs think this is gonna trouble him again. He's obviously an awesome player but he's no good on the sideline in crutches.

It kills any speculation too, unlike last season during the Playoffs. Wish him all the best.

Meanwhile, Kobe has signed an 2 year extension with the Lakers today. That's him finishing his career as a Laker so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Time to tank! Trade everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

A crushing blow for the Bulls. I feel sad as a basketball lover that Rose is out for the season, and possibly will never be the same player again.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Time to tank! Trade everyone!

Not sure about the rest, but Deng is 99% goner now in the next few months. I'll be beyond shocked if he is still a Bull come the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

I'm not a Bulls fan but it is really sad to see Rose out again. He's a pleasure to watch (when he's not playing against your team) and the game loses out by him being injured.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

D.Rose done for the season. It's pretty good news for the Pacers. I believe we were 80% going to win the central division anyway but this removes any doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

gutted for rose as a pacers fan here, nice beating the bulls at their best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Devastated doesn't even describe how I'm feeling now. Part of me wonders if the Bulls have said it's a season-ender to remove any of the ambiguity that regarding a possible return like last season and to have no pressure on him to return, but maybe there's a slight chance? Meh, straw clutching I know.

I hope we tank now, but the unfortunate thing is the east is so bad that we'll probably still finish with around the 7th seed and get obliterated by the Heat or Pacers in the 1st round.

This is what I want to see happen to this team:

lead-500-0.jpg

Keep Rose, Butler, Noah and get Mirotic over next year.

There's little point keeping anyone else. I'd like to see that Charlotte pick come into play for us this year as well, that would likely give us two decent 1st round picks in a very stacked draft. So Bulls fans cross your fingers for the Bobcats just missing out on the playoffs, giving us a pick around 11th-14th.

I'll be very sad to see Deng go. He has been a great servant, played an insane amount of minutes (many injured) and been a Bull for almost ten years.

But the time has come to blow things up and start again.

I fear Rose will never be the same again, but even at 75% he'll be one of the better players in the league. Mirotic will be really good IMO. You know what you're going to get with Noah every night and he's on a friendly contract. Butler has shown good potential too. Then if we can get the (hopefully two) draft picks right we will have a solid, young core.

It's just so frustrating to lose yet another year. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Paully D wrote: »

This is what I want to see happen to this team:

Keep Rose, Butler, Noah and get Mirotic over next year.

There's little point keeping anyone else. I'd like to see that Charlotte pick come into play for us this year as well, that would likely give us two decent 1st round picks in a very stacked draft. So Bulls fans cross your fingers for the Bobcats just missing out on the playoffs, giving us a pick around 11th-14th.

I'll be very sad to see Deng go. He has been a great servant, played an insane amount of minutes (many injured) and been a Bull for almost ten years.

But the time has come to blow things up and start again.

I fear Rose will never be the same again, but even at 75% he'll be one of the better players in the league. Mirotic will be really good IMO. You know what you're going to get with Noah every night and he's on a friendly contract. Butler has shown good potential too. Then if we can get the (hopefully two) draft picks right we will have a solid, young core.

It's just so frustrating to lose yet another year. :(

That's nearly verbatim the conversation I was having with one of the lads yesterday.

Everybody out. Deng- gone. Boozer - gone. Or shot, I really don't care. Anyone who's not called Rose, Noah or Butler is now surplus to requirements.

No point sneaking into the playoffs and a 18th draft pick or the like. Tank time begins now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

i'd keep gibson as well as rose, butler and noah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

ec18 wrote: »
    i'd keep gibson as well as rose, butler and noah

Maybe. Although at over 8m a season for the next 3 seasons, be wouldn't be 100% immune from my clearout. :-D

I may have been playing too much NBA2k lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

What about the Lakers giving Kobe 48 mil for the next two years?? Insanity. I know he's a legend and everything but because of his greed and wanting to be the highest paid player in the league it kinda messes up the Lakers cap room for the next few years.

I'd like to take the time to thank George for missing both free throws a couple of seconds before HT, I only needed one for the T-pups HT spread to cash. Cheers Paul.

• Advertisement

Mongo wrote: »
    What about the Lakers giving Kobe 48 mil for the next two years?? Insanity. I know he's a legend and everything but because of his greed and wanting to be the highest paid player in the league it kinda messes up the Lakers cap room for the next few years.

Some Lakers fans are speculating that it coincides with them making a play for KD (:pac:) and Love in 2016.

Advertisement