Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nets in Dallas is the game of the night and is just beginning now if anyone needs their NBA fix.

Knicks @ Cavs also on now and Magic @ Lakers in the late tip off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Great finish in Minny, Suns should hold on here. They were 22 points down.

Dont talk to me i had t wolves in a bet with raptors to win:mad:

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Dont talk to me i had t wolves in a bet with raptors to win:mad:

If it makes you feel any better, I have the Knicks -4 1H and -9 full game. They've proceeded to blow a 20 point lead of their own and are on the brink of losing themselves. Had the Suns though.

Jarrett Jack has gone loco for the Cavs. They've shot 79% in the 2H..

And the Knicks lose.

Joe Johnson, the most clutch player in the league with the final shot? I think so. Does it again, and it's OT in Dallas. Just cover the spread please, ta.

And they're going to win straight up. Completely dominated OT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I really feel the Suns are going to regret not making a move for Pau Gasol, think he would have locked in play off place for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Cleveland basketball eh? Never ceases to amaze me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The Paul George catfish story appears to be untrue. Was nearly hoping it was as little else explains his form.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

NufcNavan wrote: »
    The Paul George catfish story appears to be untrue. Was nearly hoping it was as little else explains his form.
    Paper never refused ink.

A little Pacers action tonight now the my NCAA Bracket looks like sh1t. The madness commences Thursday night.

Edit. Big Roy really should be throwing them down under the basket. He almost always lays it in. A 7'2 center should dunking those down

In the worlds of coach Pop. "Let's see some nasty"

• Advertisement

Only a game between two teams as offensively retarded as the Bulls v Pacers would be 34-33 at the half. :D

Only a game between two teams as offensively retarded as the Bulls v Pacers would be 34-33 at the half. :D
    There's been more ads for fired chicken than points for most players

Bosh in the clutch against Blazers again.

I think that's me done watching the Pacers until the playoffs. There's only so much I can take of PG playing like an absolute dickhead and Roy being so ridiculously soft.

Overtime in New Orleans. Pelicans make a huge comeback in the 2H. B2B OT's for the Nets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Thanks Bulls players, I think I'd have been depressed for the rest of the regular season if we had've lost to the Pacers twice in 4 days.

Turning point of the game:

Hinrich had gotten a steal on PG just before that, that was in no way a foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Uh-oh Pacers lose but Miami don't lose their game. That's not equal.

Sixers are 2 away from beating the record losing streak. Houston first which they will definitely lose but then it's up to Detroit to put the nail in the coffin. 2 months without a win after they started off so good at 3-0 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Loved that win last night. We really just wanted it more than the Pacers, you could see that from the opening possession when Noah got in Hibbert's face clapping and screaming.
    "They really dominated us on the glass last (Friday) and they were laughing," said Taj Gibson, still fired up in the postgame locker room. "It's frustrating when you play a team that's similar to you and like your rival and they're slapping fives and laughing in your face. We take too much pride in rebounding and playing solid basketball."

Nice to make up for that loss on Friday anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

No-one, I repeat, no-one will want to play Chicago in the Play Offs. Even if you're confident you can beat them in 5 or 6, it's the mental and physical toll that playing a team like that takes on you and the long-term effect that has on your chances in the next round that will worry teams. Go to 7 against them and you'll feel the pain.

For me, it's one of the reasons why Thibs is Top 3 coaches in the NBA. Chicago have seriously overachieved given their roster, limited bench and of course the loss of Rose. As a purist, they are just so good to watch. The execution of plays, the fundamentals and the team ethos are things a lot of teams could learn from and should be emulating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

That flop by Hibbert was embarrassing

• Advertisement

BQQ wrote: »
    That flop by Hibbert was embarrassing
    It wasn't a flop. Roy's balance is just terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

It wasn't a flop. Roy's balance is just terrible.

Not a big deal to me, but it was a flop.

'Flop of the Season' without a doubt. How he kept a straight face after that I will never know.

No-one, I repeat, no-one will want to play Chicago in the Play Offs. Even if you're confident you can beat them in 5 or 6, it's the mental and physical toll that playing a team like that takes on you and the long-term effect that has on your chances in the next round that will worry teams. Go to 7 against them and you'll feel the pain.

For me, it's one of the reasons why Thibs is Top 3 coaches in the NBA. Chicago have seriously overachieved given their roster, limited bench and of course the loss of Rose. As a purist, they are just so good to watch. The execution of plays, the fundamentals and the team ethos are things a lot of teams could learn from and should be emulating.

True.

I must say, I'm actually dare I say looking forward to the Eastern Conference Playoffs somewhat now. Despite the lack of quality in the East compared to the West, there's quite a few teams that if you were Indiana or Miami you'd not be looking forward to playing, especially given both teams form currently. The Nets and Bulls are on another level and can certainly give both a hell of a game and a few scares, but the Raptors and Wizards (if they get Nene back) won't be walkovers, given how their respective franchise players are playing.

With the way Big Al and Kemba Walker are playing, they might push a series to 6 or 7 games.

Shame Horford went down, because himself and Millsap were playing great together earlier in the season, and on the road in Atlanta has been historically a bad place for the Pacers.

Only worry is that Playoff atmosphere and halfcourt style won't suit a few of them, that experience will prove telling too.

Drama in Golden State - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/warriors-coach-mark-jackson-forces-reassignment-of-assistant-brian-scalabrine-184142899.html
    Jackson, 48, has tried and failed to get involved with several head coaching openings over the past several months, including the Los Angeles Clippers and Brooklyn Nets, league sources said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Looks like your fave coach will be getting the boot Ade. Question is, who do they replace him with? As a Celtics fan, I'm all in favour of the white mamba, but realistically he doesn't have enough experience. But this is the NBA....coaching experience not required!

The Thibs recommendation is quite the endorsement though.

It's pretty clear at this stage that Mark Jackson just can't work with people :pac:

There's no doubt in my mind that Brian Scalabrine will eventually end up being a very good head coach in the NBA. Sure, he doesn't have enough experience at the minute and another few seasons working as an assistant would serve him better in the long run, but as Butters has said above, experience isn't a necessity in the league and eventually he's got to start somewhere I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Im really looking forward to the White Mamba getting the main job somewhere, he was the ultimate team player :D

padraig_f wrote: »
    Not a big deal to me, but it was a flop.

Flagrant 1 :D

• Advertisement

Blazers are entering The Danger Zone. Looking entirely possible they could slip to the 9th in the West by the end of the week!

Advertisement