Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Looks like your fave coach will be getting the boot Ade. Question is, who do they replace him with? As a Celtics fan, I'm all in favour of the white mamba, but realistically he doesn't have enough experience. But this is the NBA....coaching experience not required!

The Thibs recommendation is quite the endorsement though.

I'm worried he'll end up with the Knicks next season tbh. Lakers is a possible destination too I suppose.

edit - The Preacher I mean ^

OKC - Mavs going down to the wire as per usual between these two teams.

Ice cold by Durant.. and Calderon replies! Overtime. Mavs win. Scott Brooks rabble rabble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I'm worried he'll end up with the Knicks next season tbh. Lakers is a possible destination too I suppose.

edit - The Preacher I mean ^
    Hopefully the Knicks, couldnt see him working well with Kobe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Thanks Cavs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

*Awaits Nuri's almost weekly rant on Scott Brooks* :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

*Awaits Nuri's almost weekly rant on Scott Brooks* Mark Jackson :pac:

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Clippers are ****ting it in case the Grizzlies get that 6th seed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Lakers going to go on a three game winning streak now with Bucks up next :mad:

*Awaits Nuri's almost weekly rant on Scott Brooks* :pac:

The SOB benched Westbrook for all but the last 2 minutes of overtime when they were 7 or 8 points down! Who does that! :mad: :(

Vegas cleaned up last night, big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Chris Kaman says he hasn't talked to his coach since March 3rd.
    Well, that's odd. I love how honest he is in all the interviews I've seen him in. Sounds like he's definitely not coming back to LA after this season. Wouldn't blame. Getting DNP's in way too many games.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

I understand the Lakers probably went all in against NY because of the Phill Jackson thing. But they will be back to losing ways pretty soon. They are tanking for the best draft they can get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Heat/Pacers tonight. They way both are playing I wouldn't be surprised if both lose :pac:

I understand the Lakers probably went all in against NY because of the Phill Jackson thing. But they will be back to losing ways pretty soon. They are tanking for the best draft they can get

Lakers tanking? My arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Yes, the Lakers team that has no reason to hold anything against Phil Jackson, went 'all in' last night! :rolleyes:

I was so bored today I even read an article about Swaggy P gittin' burgled and the perps got his Yeezys. Beat that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

The man just oozes swag....

kmart6 wrote: »

Disappointed with that collection. My own is nearly as good, and I don't get paid like Swaggy P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

kmart6 wrote: »

Awww sheeet....

13426246923_91e4d68b03_o.gif

Let's all go hatin' on Swaggy P:

Good impersonation of Young by Byron Scott and James Worthy

• Advertisement

Too quick Suki.

I'm not hating on him though :p

He's some man for getting 4-point plays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I was so bored today I even read an article about Swaggy P gittin' burgled and the perps got his Yeezys. Beat that!

Me too :pac: Those kicks are fantastic to be fair, I would be pissed.

I was trying to get a pair when they came out only to realise that a) there's no chance unless you're a celebrity or connected in someway b) they completely sold out in 7 minutes and c) they retail for about $300 :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    Me too :pac: Those kicks are fantastic to be fair, I would be pissed.

I was trying to get a pair when they came out only to realise that a) there's no chance unless you're a celebrity or connected in someway b) they completely sold out in 7 minutes and c) they retail for about $300 :pac:

Not into Yeezys myself. They did an unannounced restock on Nikestore.com a few weeks back - they do this on a regular(ish) basis if you're into that shoe, but you'd need to be watching it like a frickin' hawk. As for retail pricing, that's dirt cheap compared to resale……you won't get a pair for less than a grand.

I'm an Air Force 1 kid first and foremost and early Jordans from a b'ball shoe perspective, but my problem is I pretty much like all "sneakers". North of 300+ pairs now. :eek: My wife hates me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Heat/Pacers tonight, looking forward to it

What? You have 300+ pairs? You must have a room dedicated for them

Pretty much, though the most valuable pairs are in storage. Silly on many levels but it's taken years to get to this level and kinda seems silly to stop now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Pretty much, though the most valuable pairs are in storage. Silly on many levels but it's taken years to get to this level and kinda seems silly to stop now.

It's not silly at all, people waste their money on all kinds of rubbish like fags and other things. You enjoy collecting sneakers, and at any time you want you can choose to wear a particularly fantastic pair.

I just read a very interesting article on the Ellis Dirk combo in Dallas, which touches on some interesting points. Analytics and tanking notably. Worth the read.
    http://grantland.com/features/dallas-mavericks-monta-ellis-dirk-nowitzki-2014/

Suns -Wizards should be a decent watch tonight too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Heat/Pacers tonight, looking forward to it

I feel this will be a massive test for this Pacer team. We have to come out swinging. George has got to show up tonight in a big way and we have got to make a statement. This game is huge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Ah man i never realised heat and pacers were on tonight, and i was gonna watch raptors - celtics, dont know what to watch now

Advertisement