Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

We're making the Pacers look so ordinary..... and I have no problem with that!!!!:D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Michael-Jackson-Eating-Popcorn.gif

It's been a good weekend of sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Brutal from West there.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Brutal from West there.

Flagrant 1, right call. No need for the elbow like that and pushing Spencer away around the throat?? Stupidity

Flagrant 1, right call. No need for the elbow like that and pushing Spencer away around the throat?? Stupidity

good win for ye man, really making a push for the playoffs now.

• Advertisement

Elsewhere, OKC have steamrolled over Utah unsurprisingly.

KD's last two games: 60 points on 18-24 shooting, 7-10 from 3, 17-17 from the free throw line, 58 minutes. That done despite not playing the last two fourth quarters, Durant's kept his 25-point streak going. Genuine superstar.

CAVS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

GET IN!!!!!!!

A Warriors win later would be perfect:cool:

Impressive all round team performance from the Cavs. 2 I should have taken you lot straight up instead of the spread, heh D2D :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Pacers' form must be pretty alarming for their fans now. Spurs next, who've won 17 straight, and they still have to go to Miami.

BQQ wrote: »
    I'm starting to suspect that the Pacers are tanking the number 1 seed,
    so they won't have to play the winner of Bulls Vs Nets in the 2nd round.

I'm seriously thinking that too. No way should a team like the Pacers go through March with an 8-9 record with the Spurs next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

padraig_f wrote: »
    Pacers' form must be pretty alarming for their fans now. Spurs next, who've won 17 straight, and they still have to go to Miami.

And if you weren't a big follower of the NBA no-one would ever know that. Very little said in the media etc. 17 playoffs in a row and 4 championships in that time too. Superbly consistent success.

Or after all that trash talk and playing every game in the first three months of the season like it was Game 7 of the Finals for that top seed, they're tired now... like a few of us here suggested and were shot down by one person :)

Kinda amusing how the Heat have been coasting and playing poorly a decent chunk of the season in turn and yet quite probably will take the top seed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I wish that was the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Heartening from the Knicks in the 1st half, Knicks were down 12 and go in at half time up 12. 15-0 run just there, with Melo sitting through foul trouble, the best basketball we've played in a while. JR has 19 at the half and has been exceptional, he is attacking the defense and hitting shots. STAT and Hardaway also going very well. As Clyde said there, it's a simple game, move the ball on offense pass to the open man and play hard on defense. Just hoping we can keep this level of performance up.

Knicks - Warriors, 2 point game with 9 minutes remaining.

Suns are getting torn to shreds by the Lakers.

Grizzlies will notch a loss up in Portland.

Big playoff ramifications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Being a Lakers fan this year is random, hey lets lose to the Bucks now lets go and destroy the Suns :confused:

Knicks defence and offence has come to a grinding halt in the 4th. Melo is taking so many bad shots right now, he's 0-6 in the 4Q with a few minutes left. Ball game tied.

edit - oh dear JR.. and Curry :pac:

Costly turnover from Curry needing a 3 with 5 seconds left to tie. Knicks win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Paully D wrote: »
    The top 8 teams from each conference get in. 1 plays 8, 2 plays 7, 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5. These series' are best of 7 games, so first to four wins. Then the winners from the east after 3 rounds play the winners from the west after 3 rounds in the final which is also best of 7.

At present, the Raptors (3rd seed) would play the Wizards (6th seed). Here gives a more detailed breakdown of each of the potential games, they also update it each day so it's very handy - http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/matchups

First round of the playoff starts April 19th. :)

Thanks for that paully, that espn site is handy too, raptors have a 3 -1 record over wizards this year too so thats good;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Just noticed we are@ heat tonight, followed by @ pacers and home to rockets nice 3 games to look forward to, starting with a win in miami tonight:D

Paully D wrote: »
    And if you weren't a big follower of the NBA no-one would ever know that. Very little said in the media etc. 17 playoffs in a row and 4 championships in that time too. Superbly consistent success.

Pop's a genius. I'd love them to win it this year to make up for losing narrowly in the Finals last year.
    shamrock55 wrote: »
    Just noticed we are@ heat tonight, followed by @ pacers and home to rockets nice 3 games to look forward to, starting with a win in miami tonight:D

I want that 3-seed for the Bulls to avoid the Nets in the first round, does that mean I have to root for the Heat tonight? :confused:

• Advertisement

Was wondering if the imbalance between East and West will be a factor in upcoming free agency, in terms of making the East more attractive. I think it must be, and I expect it will make it that bit harder for the Lakers to attract the big names. Just noticed this quote from Kevin Love today:

Kevin Love on the Nets' turning their season around after rough start amidst high expectations: "They're in the East."

“Some selfish dudes in here,” Roy Hibbert muttered Friday night, after getting eight shots in the Pacers’ loss to the Wizards. “Some selfish dudes. I’m tired of talking about it. We’ve been talking about it for a month.”

gw-itcrowdmosspopcorn.gif

Blue collar, gold swagger indeed.

Oh, and speaking of Pacers, their game against the Spurs is on in less than an hours time.

Spurs bukkaking the Pacers. Up 13 at HT.

Wizards bench (for once) went absolute ham in the 2Q in Charlotte to give them a healthy lead going into the half.

Raptors leading in Miami.

Sing when you're winning springs to mind lately. Spurs 103- 77 Pacers

Pathetic 4Q from the Wizards too. Raptors ended up choking as well.

Knicks currently winning in Utah, still 8 minutes left and up 11. Knicks win. Good road trip for them.

Mozgov just took a potential game tying 3 with 9 seconds left and then dunked it after getting the rebound.. yeah. Grizz win by 2. A very bizarre ending.

Terrible again from the Pacers last night, wont be making the final few teams this year, heading in with no momentum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Someone has been very quiet and very absent from here lately......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Someone has been very quiet and very absent from here lately......:rolleyes:

Somehow correlates with the team's 3 game losing streak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

Somehow correlates with the team's 3 game losing streak.

I wonder what happened to the 72+ win season from a few months ago :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

ec18 wrote: »
    I wonder what happened to the 72+ win season from a few months ago :P

Went on its arse about a month ago: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89110898&postcount=3046

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Who do you lads think will get the third seed in the east? Bulls or Raptors? Nets could make a good stab at it too in fairness if they go on a run.

Advertisement