Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Speaking of Timberwolves, pending physicals, this is a done deal -
    The T-Wolves have traded Derrick Williams (2nd in '11 draft) to the Kings in exchange for Luc Mbah a Moute.

The Spurs are just ridiculous. While the likes of the Pacers and Trailblazers are going all out seemingly, Spurs are in 2nd gear while steam rolling pretty much everyone. Manu is looking like old Manu which is great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    The Spurs are just ridiculous. While the likes of the Pacers and Trailblazers are going all out seemingly, Spurs are in 2nd gear while steam rolling pretty much everyone. Manu is looking like old Manu which is great to see.

It is a long season though and old legs might tire for the playoffs. Some serious trey shooters in that team though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

I'd like to take the time to thank George for missing both free throws a couple of seconds before HT, I only needed one for the T-pups HT spread to cash. Cheers Paul.

It was all about George last night. Paul George 26 PTS - 8 REB - 4 AST
    George Hill 26 PTS - 7 AST - 5 STL

Well, no. It's all about making money and I made some. Thanks Paul George for missing both free throws <3 Bet should have been a lot more simpler had Kevin Martin not reverted to OKC Playoff Kevin Martin and Love wasn't having a poor game in the first half anyway.

• Advertisement

Almost forgot, another W notched up by the Blazers, last night against the Knicks. Can't comment as I dozed off before tip-off.
    killwill wrote: »
    It is a long season though and old legs might tire for the playoffs. Some serious trey shooters in that team though.

After thinking that for the past couple of seasons now, I've finally learned to not doubt Pop and his management skills in knowing when to play their Big 3 :P

People forget Parker was banged up during the playoffs last year and Manu was just ice cold offensively. Plus hopefully the emergence Leonard too will take some of the burden off them, guy is a stud. Would love to see them have one more shot at Miami, tbh. Duncan in particular deserves it.

Well, no. It's all about making money and I made some. Thanks Paul George for missing both free throws <3 Bet should have been a lot more simpler had Kevin Martin not reverted to OKC Playoff Kevin Martin and Love wasn't having a poor game in the first half anyway.
    Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

Do you really think anyone give a sh1t about your betting habits on this forum?

Do you really think anyone gives a sh1t about the your pacer posts on this forum?

ec18 wrote: »
    Do you really think anyone gives a sh1t about the your pacer posts on this forum?

I'm sorry I thought the Pacers were an NBA Team? And this was a thread about the NBA regular season? No

So it's changed to a betting thread then?

Ok

Resolute won the 13:10 at Southwell today at an SP of 4/11

You seem mad.

It's quite clear you are after my harmless Paul George comment and you responded in kind, babbling on about him in your quest to validate him as a superstar, that despite what I said being 100% true whether you like it or not, ie: I needed one missed free throw from him to cash Twolves 1H +4.0 and not be pushed. He missed both. It's amusing seeing you throw a strop at ANYONE who says anything remotely negative said about your Pacers tbh.

I'm a basketball fan first and foremost, I like seeing certain franchises do well, including the Knicks. I honestly find it funny you have your petty digs at the Knicks as you much as do thinking it annoys me :D Here's a fact for you, first game aside, I've been fading them and making money off their losses. Sure, I was also on the Blazers -7 last night :pac: I actually like the Pacers in some ways, as I've said before, they've made me a good bit of of money betting on them or fading them in certain situations also. I like the crowd at the Fieldhouse too, love the atmosphere. In fact, I have a cousin who is attending the University of Indiana currently, and we've spoken about me popping down and attending a Pacers game in the future.

You on the other hand, well, I've said my piece already last week.

To answer your question. Given I have a few followers from here in the b-ball forum, I would say yes. Other people have mentioned bets in this thread in the past, I don't remember you flipping out at them. Funny that.

Oh, and I seem to remember you derailing last seasons thread with Draft ****e too, by the by :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

D.Rose done for the season. It's pretty good news for the Pacers. I believe we were 80% going to win the central division anyway but this removes any doubt.

You're a scumbag taking pleasure in the fact that a player has suffered a season ending injury.

It's a basketball forum isn't? He's talking about his basketball bet.

Rondo is nearing "100%" and could make his return next month.

What was that? Sorry it's hard to hear you all the way down there.

Thank you for proving me entirely correct. :)

Speaking of Timberwolves, pending physicals, this is a done deal -

Derrick Williams trade is now finalized.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

This is sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I've said it before, and I'll say it again,I still have strong suspicions that Dublin Red Devil is a troll. He's not a basketball fan anyway, that much is certain. For how could a lover of the NBA, and basketball in general take pleasure in the injury of one of the best and most exciting point guards in the league in Derrick Rose? He actually reminds me a bit of a console fanboy. He spends all his time waxing lyrical about how great the pacers are, and when one person says something remotely negative about Indiana he throws a strop. I may resort to the ignore button sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

What was that? Sorry it's hard to hear you all the way down there.

This one's better :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Anyway tonight

I Have a feeling, that despite Walls excellence, despite the win against Knicks, despite LA's bad road record, and due to beal's injury, La Lakers might slow down Wizzards and win tonight.

Nola should beat Warriors with Bogut and Iggy out and Curry still trying to get his mojo back.

Toronto might beat an battered up Brooklyn

The interesting match up is Magic v Atlanta.Magic put it up to Miami Atlanta can't get over 100 but are solidish at home bar Boston.atlanta

Any views or tips?

Rondo is nearing "100%" and could make his return next month.

I would wean him in slowly.I know they can't afford not to play him, but h must be looked after.Celtics big problem is tha they go well for 3 quarters and completely loose it in either the third or fourth quarter (I am talking about staying competitive as oppose yo getting.g the win, look at.the third quarter against Pacers,played well prior to it and only score 8)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Some Lakers fans are speculating that it coincides with them making a play for KD (:pac:) and Love in 2016.
    There's been much more talk of reuniting Westbrook and Love in Lakerland!

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    There's been much more talk of reuniting Westbrook and Love in Lakerland!

That I do half expect to happen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Dublin Red Devil banned for a day for being uncivil

Fun game between the Wizards and Lakers. Wiz won it 116-111 without Beal. Wall now has 3 straight 30 point games having shot 31 tonight. First time in his career. Nene has a massive game himself with a career high 30 points.

Meanwhile up in Toronto, Nets are imploding deep into the 4th..

Fun game between the Wizards and Lakers. Wiz won it 116-111 without Beal. Wall now has 3 straight 30 point games having shot 31 tonight. First time in his career. Nene has a massive game himself with a career high 30 points.

Meanwhile up in Toronto, Nets are imploding deep into the 4th..

Nene was fantastic. There I was thinking Gasol and could keep them quiet lol.still not a terrible performance for a weak road team. Bravo Wizzards, nog easy losing Beal even if Wall if playing brilliant.

Nets deserved to lose for giving up a 15 point lead with 5 mins to play.

Raptors deserved to lose for being the Raptors. No reason to hit the 3 at the death. They opt for 3, an Amir Johnson 3 of all the people!

Nets win by 2. One gigantic, comical cluster**** of a finish :pac:

Nene was fantastic. There I was thinking Gasol and could keep them quiet lol.still not a terrible performance for a weak road team. Bravo Wizzards, nog easy losing Beal even if Wall if playing brilliant.

Agreed.

I've been enjoying watching the Lakers this year, not for the fact they're losing, but they're playing some good ball and are generally a fun watch. It's not all Kobe-ball. Everyone seems to contributing at the offensive end. But if they put in an extra 5% defensive effort tonight, they come out tonight with the W. It's as simple as that.

Nets deserved to lose for giving up a 15 point lead with 5 mins to play.

Raptors deserved to lose for being the Raptors. No reason to hit the 3 at the death. They opt for 3, an Amir Johnson 3 of all the people!

Nets win by 2. One gigantic, comical cluster**** of a finish :pac:

Toronto deserve to loose for not being able to beat an old battered team in their court and simply relying on 2 guys to score all their points.

Seriously that Russian, what the hell was he thinking about taking on three guys who are past it (I hate saying it) and did little in the playoffs (KG being injured n tired and spending important minutes on the bench because he was hitting the foul count; Pierce turning the ball over and not getting his shots, Terry,meh, Clealry did not want to be there,) and then the selection for a coach, absolutely no experience, and in light of his attitude and fiery ways and the nonsense he got himself into off the court, possibly does not have the. temperament to coach. How was that to be an improvement to last year?

Seriously I hope Celtic fans stop with the nogaslga and ac pet, they while they maybe going no where soon, they would have ended there with the two auld fellas anyway.

Funny how both New York Teams suck this year though after the nonsense by Knicks last season ( ie only play two ways, give the ball to melon or jump shot/three point and hope for the best) that wasn't a huge surprise seeing that they brought no one in (well the Toronto chap, but he is hardly setting.g the NBA on fire) For the first time ever, I fell sorry for Melo who now has to be the rebounder man too.

Agreed.

I've been enjoying watching the Lakers this year, not for the fact they're losing, but they're playing some good ball and are generally a fun watch. It's not all Kobe-ball. Everyone seems to contributing at the offensive end. But if they put in an extra 5% defensive effort tonight, they come out tonight with the W. It's as simple as that.

Sadly it will all get sour when Kobe comes back, unless he brings is A game. It will be all about him.

7 from 8 aint bad for this team! If I was a Laker, and since Artest gone (I will not call him by that silly name) Kobe banged up, drama queen gone, I would be happy enough and hope they could get a winning home record, not worry to much about eastern teams (well they will have too as the west is hot hot hot) and hope for a late push by February.

One thing that annoys me, one of my favourite players Steve Nash is destined to always be on a loosing team or a team that never got there (ya ya phoenix were great for a while and his time at Dallas is A pitty, since they won the league later)

Bravo Magic! Nice to see big baby baCL. The rookie has been very impressive this season. Seeing Cavs are messing about and Detroit (despite its frontcourt) are meh, I am hoping magic really make a push for the playoffs.

Considering Atlanta handed the game to Boston not their court and how Miami were made to work on their court against Magic, they deserved this win.

Once again Atlanta could not get over 98 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

One thing that annoys me, one of my favourite players Steve Nash is destined to always be on a loosing team or a team that never got there (ya ya phoenix were great for a while and his time at Dallas is A pitty, since they won the league later)

As Barkley says, he wouldnt change a thing about his career or the player he was for a ring, yea some players can boast that they have a ring but these guys will never be remembered, guys like Nash will always be remembered and revered as being some of the true greats of their generation.

I totally get what you are saying though, it does suck.

Warriors beat New Orleans in a really good game, Pelicans have a realy interesting team, Davis could be one of the greats of his generation, i think he could dominate the league for a decade.

Advertisement