Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

horrible finish to the game. thrown away :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Easy 8pt win for the boys tonight:cool:

OT in Miami. T wolves really should have had it. leading in the 4th. Feeling like opportunity lost

Double OT. Same as the end of regulation. Rio hits 1 of 2 FT, Love misses the last shot to grab the win

Thank Fuk for that. T Wolves hold on for the win :cool:

Hawks take the 8th seed spot from The Knicks tonight. I think they will hang on to it. Knicks have a much tougher run in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

BQQ wrote: »
    Could be an upset in golden state tonight.
    With both Bogut and Lee sidelined, DaMarcus Cousins is going to beast and feast.

Worst prediction ever :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bulls win relatively comfortably with the damage done in the first quarter. The Bucks never really recovered and we took the foot off the gas a bit in the fourth.

Looks like being a Pacers fan for one night just didn't work out for me :pac: Solid win for the Raptors that. They should beat the Bucks easily enough tonight while we're away to the Wizards in the game of the night. The Wizards are a bad matchup for us so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us drop that one and go a game behind in the race for that #3 seed.

Hell of a game in Miami, but another opportunity thrown away by both Miami and Indiana last night in the battle for #1. Do either of these teams even want it?

Well done to Kevin Durant on tieing Jordan's 25+ point game record at 40. I'll be sad in a way to see it go but it's fitting if it's Durant that breaks it. What a superb scorer he is.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

BQQ wrote: »
    Worst prediction ever :o

Well it depends, was IT playing for SacTown last night? Without him, let alone Cousins they look fairly clueless.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Well it depends, was IT playing for SacTown last night? Without him, let alone Cousins they look fairly clueless.

He wasn't, but McCallum has been quite good the last few games.
    Anyway, Cousins still had 19 and 11 despite foul trouble, but the rest of the team were woeful (shot 18% in the first HALF :eek:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

We are actually OK without IT since McCallum has been starting. It's Cousins we're laughable without. Last night was horrific, though. I watched the first half and had to wash my eyes out with bleach. I can't explain the relief I felt as I put the bleach onto my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Awful, awful loss for us against the Hawks last night.....

• Advertisement

I see the reverend Jackson has lost another assistant coach :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Interestingly they are both Thibs guys.

Bulls up 28-16 over the Wizards after one. Good start against a team that are a bad matchup for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Paully D wrote: »
    Bulls up 28-16 over the Wizards after one. Good start against a team that are a bad matchup for us.

Wow, coming up to half time and the Wizards have 22 points :)

padraig_f wrote: »
    Wow, coming up to half time and the Wizards have 22 points :)

They get to 26 at half-time. Their season low was 36. The Bulls really bringing it on defense tonight, even more so than usual!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Great D by the Bulls.

Wizards roaring back.

And their bench starts the 4th and it's near game over :pac:

Nets doing their best to cave in in Philadelphia.

Maybe it would be better for Washington to lose right now. Would they rather play Chicago or Indiana?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Raptors made hard work of that last night, 3 handy games up next , philly , knicks , @pistons , id expect 3 wins from that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Charlotte clinched their second ever spot in the playoffs last night

For us, it's pretty much out of our hands after losing to Atlanta and Charlotte. We now have to hope the Knicks and Hawks both lose all their games before we play again against the Pistons on Wednesday

Charlotte clinched their second ever spot in the playoffs last night

For us, it's pretty much out of our hands after losing to Atlanta and Charlotte. We now have to hope the Knicks and Hawks both lose all their games before we play again against the Pistons on Wednesday

Kyrie with 44 points.. in a loss, at least :P

Maybe it would be better for Washington to lose right now. Would they rather play Chicago or Indiana?

Chicago.

I know we essentially blew them out in 2 quarters last night, but they are a bad matchup for us (when Nene plays). The Bulls tend to really struggle against elite PG's, they are a good defensive team and shoot the 3 ball as well as any team in the league. Considering we're one of the worst 3 point shooting teams in the league and only score around 90 a game, we'd have to play very well on both sides of the ball over a series to beat them.

Don't get me wrong, as a Bulls fan I'd rather play the Wizards in the playoffs than the Nets, but if I was a Wizards fan I'd much rather play Chicago than Indiana.

Knicks v Heat starting at 6 on ESPN. NBA countdown with Simmons, Jalen and Doug Collins on atm. Knicks need to be competitive in this. Douglas starting for the injured Wade is a big plus for us.

Sidenote, the NBA coverage on the setanta package this year has been crazy good. We have 3 games today, Knicks v Heat at 6, Lakers v Clippers at 8.30 and Thunder v Suns at 12 tonight. Great value for money if your an NBA fan.

Is Dwayne Wade still alive?

Miami playing with zero intensity early doors. They are bound to wake up soon though.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Miami playing with zero intensity early doors. They are bound to wake up soon though.

LeBron with 3 turnovers too, very sloppy.

7 points down with 3.30 left for the Knicks. JR Smith is going off, tied for the most 3's in Knicks history with nine.

He snaps it. Ten 3's for JR. Miami keep replying with 3's from Chalmers and Bosh after that though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

JR Smith's dream just came true. He broke the NBA record for most 3's attempted

• Advertisement

Interesting debate between Jalen and Simmons on who the third best player in the NBA is. Obviously the top two are LeBron and KD, but who would you rank the third best?

Advertisement