Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Paully D wrote: »
    Interesting debate between Jalen and Simmons on who the third best player in the NBA is. Obviously the top two are LeBron and KD, but who would you rank the third best?

Unsure at the moment, there's definitely a couple of guys capable of taking that spot. Really wouldn't be surprised if Blake Griffin made another leap in standard for next year and made it his own. He definitely has the ability to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Unsure at the moment, there's definitely a couple of guys capable of taking that spot. Really wouldn't be surprised if Blake Griffin made another leap in standard for next year and made it his own. He definitely has the ability to do it.

I think I'd probably go with Chris Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Paully D wrote: »
    Interesting debate between Jalen and Simmons on who the third best player in the NBA is. Obviously the top two are LeBron and KD, but who would you rank the third best?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

For me the 3rd best is probably James Harden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Obviously it's all moot as K.D and Lebron are the 2 best players in the league. I think however that Paul is still the better player, but what Blake has done for the Clippers this season means that he should get MVP votes before Paul. When Paul went down and Doc turned the team over to Blake I thought the Clippers offense would basically collapse. That didn't happen. The Clippers went 12-6 and Griffin posted 27.5 points and 4.4 assists. Blake carried the team, mainly due to the fact that his offensive game has improved exponentially since last season. His shot is much more consistent, which means his face up game is close to unstoppable. Griffen can blow by you for the layup or if you play off him can counter with the 16 foot jumper. Blake is the 6th leading scorer in the league and his defense has also improved under Doc this season. In their recent game vs the Mavs Blake gave Dirk huge problems with his gritty on ball defense, contesting every shot and even managing to block one of his patented one legged fadeaway. Paul has been great this season too, but I think it is now very much both Paul's and Griffin's team, not Paul's team.

• Advertisement

Zero defense.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Zero defense.
    Either him or K Love

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Either him or K Love

I'm surprised you're not making an argument for George.

Personally it's +1 for CP3.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Zero defense.

A.K.A James Haren

820467449.gif?1383933164

Indiana's starting 5 didn't last long. All shipped out after going down 17-3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Indiana's starting 5 didn't last long. All shipped out after going down 17-3

Wow, what the hell has happened there?

This Pacers offense is ridiculous, to be honest. I think there's a good chance that there's something going on behind the scenes. Fair enough, teams go on bad runs and teams get tired, especially when you play the first half of the season at an intensity similar to game 7 of an NBA Finals, but this is just awful and doesn't look like getting better any time soon. Sports Illustrated state that they're the 2nd worst ranked offense in the league behind the 76ers since February 1st.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the playoffs don't go near as well as expected and something ends up coming out.

Very, very good read from the aforementioned Sports Illustrated here by the way, if anyone's interested:

http://nba.si.com/2014/04/01/indiana-pacers-problems-paul-george-david-west-roy-hibbert/

padraig_f wrote: »
    Wow, what the hell has happened there?

Played terrible. Started off 1-10.

Must be letting Atlanta win to make sure New York definitely don't make the playoffs :)

Hawks 42 Pacers 15 :(

Pacers are quite lucky that the regular season is almost over. In all honesty, with the run that Indiana are on, I think the Bulls and Raptors could have made a good run at that #2 seed if there was say 12-15 games left.

This is ugly. At half time, out of 11 Pacers players, none of them has scored more than 1 basket yet.

Big Roy played 9 minutes and did nothing statistically except turn the ball over once. How the f do you not get any rebounds when you're that big?

Fewest points in Pacers history at the half.

19 is the all time NBA record which they escaped by getting 23.

Something is definitely up with the Pacers. I can see them getting bounced out of the playoffs in the 1st round by a Bobcats team that is playing very well. They are being obliterated by an Atlanta team that really have no interest in being in the playoffs. I reckon that something has hapenned involving Larry Bird. He has fired a few shots, including “People ask me if I’m mad at them. I’m not mad. I’m disappointed.” Vogel's message is not getting across to the team atm, Hibbert who always has too much to say said only a few weeks back after another loss.
    "Some selfish dudes in here,” “Some selfish dudes. I’m tired of talking about it, we’ve been talking about it for a month. We play hard, but we’ve got to move the ball. Is it obvious, or what? I don't know whatever our assist ratio, or whatever it is, is in the league, but it probably isn’t up there.

"I’m really trying hard not to spaz out right now, but I don’t know. … I’ve made suggestions before and we do it for, like, one game, and then we revert back to what we are. I don’t know. I’m not the one to answer that question. It directly affects me and the bigs. We’re just out there and it makes us look bad.”

To put the thing in perspective, this much heralded Pacers team is likely to end up with less wins then last years Knicks team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Hibbert's been benched, has he?

padraig_f wrote: »
    Hibbert's been benched, has he?

Aye, 09:03 minutes and hasn't been back since.

• Advertisement

Interesting that Roy seems to be the scapegoat for this abomination tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Too depressed to contribute. Maybe tomorrow.

Time to break Michael's record K.D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

It's still baffling that Fisher gets big minutes in OKC'S rotation. I get having solid veterans on your team for leadership, but does he have to play 20 minutes a game? This is a reason why I still don't fully believe in Brooks as a coach.

Crazy good game happening in Phoenix right now, going right down to the wire. Phoenix just arn't going away. Durant just broke M.J's record there. If Phoenix can hang on here it will be a huge win. Thunder coming back into it though, anyone who is still up, get watching!

Thunder in a hole, down 3, 112-115 with 55 seconds remaining. Suns just don't seem a bit fazed by this, even though it has huge playoff ramifications. Here we go.

Bad, bad turnover by K.D there. Westbrook replies with a huge block from the resulting fast break but Fisher commits a terrible loose ball foul, sending the Suns to the line. Looks like gameover.

What a win for the Suns. Everyone counting them out with this terrible schedule, but they now move a game ahead of the Grizz and into the 8th spot. Tucker was immense, Green and Dragic also impressed. Great game.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Congrats to the genuine superstar that is KD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

The Bulls are fighters and they are rising to the occasion. Joakim Noah is playing out of his skin, stepping up each time. Carlos Boozer and all the guys are connecting with each other and we are on course. Happy days ahead :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Just thinking about Kd breaking the record for +25pts in a row which is some feat, it just got me thinking, who would you guys say would be top 10 players in nba at the moment, as someone who hasnt really seen much nba till this year, there are alot of players i wouldnt really know about
    my top 10 from what ive seen would be

de rozan
    kyle lowry
    durant
    paul george
    james harden
    dwight howard
    lebron james
    Noah
    westbrook
    stephen curry

:)