Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Nevaeh Nervous Lip

ya i think the number of rings thing is very overrated nobody has ever one a championship on his own and i doubt we will ever see a player that can.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

ya i think the number of rings thing is very overrated nobody has ever one a championship on his own and i doubt we will ever see a player that can.

Agree, but, the one player I want to see actually get a ring is Steve Nash.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Cracking line up of games tonight:

Los Angeles Lakers At Brooklyn Nets
    Miami Heat At Cleveland Cavaliers
    Denver Nuggets At Minnesota Timberwolves
    San Antonio Spurs At Oklahoma City Thunder
    Golden State Warriors At Dallas Mavericks
    New York Knicks At Los Angeles Clippers

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Cracking line up of games tonight:

Los Angeles Lakers At Brooklyn Nets
    Miami Heat At Cleveland Cavaliers
    Denver Nuggets At Minnesota Timberwolves
    San Antonio Spurs At Oklahoma City Thunder
    Golden State Warriors At Dallas Mavericks
    New York Knicks At Los Angeles Clippers

Thank God for League Pass. First Champions League then B Ball

Miami @ Cleveland, on que the crowd wooing LeBron calling him to come back in the Summer. T-shirts and all (where is the dignity and just a simple applause when his name is called, I know he burnt them, but the crowds behaviour when he first went back with Miami was uncalled for eg racist remarks etc)

Denver v Timberwolves, boom, high scoring game, Denver on a roll, important game for both.

Memphis v Boston, interesting to see if Celtics can bet a Gasoless Memphis .WOULDNT be worried about their 3 game losing streak since it was Houston and SAS

Bulls v Detroit an ugly game perhaps.bulls must win this derby

San Antonio v OKC, game of the night, easily , this is a Real Test for OKC and their credentials for the season (ie post Westbrook injury/return) , SAS shouldn't worry if they don't get the win

Knicks v Clippers, some how, Knicks have got to win a damn game at this point, even Utah have won, but maybe not tonight. Expect Carmelo to be required to play the one man band, scoring and rebounding high numbers and JR Smith doing little.

Golden State v Mavs, meh

Lakers v Brooklyn is an interesting one. Might be the best time to play Brooklyn, Lakers did alright last night. Can the oldies do it back to back

Philly v magic might be interesting two young teams.Magic should do it

Portland v sun's a tight one, suns aint no joke.

I think the Paddy Power account will not be touched tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cavs shopping Waiters:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10046614/cleveland-cavaliers-shopping-dion-waiters
    The Cleveland Cavaliers are actively shopping second-year shooting guard Dion Waiters, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Three teams the Cavaliers are known to have spoken with are the New York Knicks, Chicago Bulls and Philadelphia 76ers, the sources said. It is believed they have reached out to other clubs as well.

Waiters, whom the Cavaliers drafted with the No. 4 pick in 2012, has a contentious relationship with several of his teammates, including star point guard Kyrie Irving, and sources say he is open to being traded. In fact, while Waiters has not demanded a trade, he brought up the subject in a three-hour meeting last week with coach Mike Brown and general manager Chris Grant, according to sources.

The Cavaliers are looking to shake things up after their surprisingly disappointing 4-10 start. Part of their problem has been the dysfunction in their locker room. The 6-foot-4 guard got into an altercation with teammate Tristan Thompson during a players-only meeting after a 29-point loss to Minnesota on Nov. 13, sources said.

Sources described the following account:

Irving called the meeting after the game and every player spoke. When Waiters was given the floor, he criticized Thompson and Irving, accusing them of playing "buddy ball'' and often refusing to pass to him. Thompson took umbrage with Waiters' words and went back at him verbally. The two confronted each other but teammates intervened before it could escalate into a fight

However, the two guards are not close. Waiters believes the Cavaliers have a double standard when it comes to Irving, sources said. He feels that while Irving is allowed to get away with loafing defensively, making turnovers and taking bad shots, he is taken out of the game for such things. Waiters has shared his views with Brown and Grant.

Waiters is slumping after his promising rookie season -- both his scoring and shooting percentage have dropped this season.

The obvious target for the Knicks would be Iman Shumpert, whom the Knicks have talked about trading. But at present, the Knicks are not interested, a source said.

The Cavs are interested in the Bulls' Luol Deng, who could become available now that Derrick Rose is out for the season.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Next up on the chopping block. The Charlotte Hornets. Let's 'av 'em

Pacers bench on the court putting in work

Come on Cavs do us a solid

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Dublin Red Devil banned for a day for being uncivil
    BaHqrPhIMAAoEP3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Spurs v OKC, looking forward to a great game of basketball!

• Advertisement

buyer95 wrote: »
    Spurs v OKC, looking forward to a great game of basketball!
    OKC are capable of the suprs their 2nd loss of the season

OKC are capable of the suprs their 2nd loss of the season

As long as Spurs keep it to 2 points I'll be happy.;)

As long as Spurs keep it to 2 points I'll be happy.;)

Spurs are starting to pull away a little now, George in foul trouble, benched charlotte closing the gap

Spurs 0 for 7 from 3 and up 6. Bodes well.

A lot of stuff happened tonight, but this was perhaps the most funniest, Kidd tells Taylor to hit him to cause a delay in the game. Nets still lost -

Inspiration drawn from..

tumblr_mvrb8eA8vG1qcgzbvo9_r1_250.gif

Joker-Yelling-Hit-Me-The-Dark-Knight.gif

Oh god, the game keeps giving..

wkkdnt.jpg

Really like the black jerseys btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just looked at the records of each team in the league. Chicago are currently the 3rd seeds in the East with a 7-7 record. That record would put them 13th in the West! The East is now a 2 horse race, after only a few weeks.

I though OKC might be the team to hault the Spurs streak. Didn't expect the Suns to stop the Blazers run.

Paul George had limited minutes, Got himself into foul trouble but the Pacers showed their strength in depth with CJ Watson putting up 18 points and all other starters hitting double figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Going to knicks nuggets game tomorrow! Should be good! First NBA game live! Carmen back at home!

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    Going to knicks nuggets game tomorrow! Should be good! First NBA game live! Carmen back at home!

How much are the tickets?

Melo will get lots of love....lol

Go Nuggets

Wonder will Nate Robinson start a fight with Knicks Jr Smith/Melo/ Felton (injured) for old times sake

Nugs to win by 10 at least. Enjoy.

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Nugs to win by 10 at least. Enjoy.

They have to eventually snap out of this losing streak. I've gotta feeling its this game.

They have to eventually snap out of this losing streak. I've gotta feeling its this game.

The Due Factor will rear it's head eventually, but not tonight, man. IMHO of course. If you saw my Tweet earlier, I can't see the Nuggets not winning and winning handsomely tonight by a dozen points or so so long as they're making their free throws which was a big concern last season despite impressing in the regular season. As a whole, they're are playing some really good basketball at the moment under Shaw too. Lawson in particular is playing like an All-Star. At best I feel, the Knicks keep it close till half time before Mile High City plays it's part and Nuggets ease past in the second half.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Knicks snap this loss streak at the Barclays Center next week. Hopefully I'll be there to see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Paid 81 bucks for lower level, good enough seats! Can't wait, I think it will be a tight game, nuggets are playing above their ability at the minute in my opinion!

And Melo seems to be going off on one as of late, can see him leading the knicks to a win tonight, gut feeling! Plus he's on home court!

Paid 81 bucks for lower level, good enough seats! Can't wait, I think it will be a tight game, nuggets are playing above their ability at the minute in my opinion!

And Melo seems to be going off on one as of late, can see him leading the knicks to a win tonight, gut feeling! Plus he's on home court!

I might have read this wrong, but.. huh.

Warriors @ OKC is the game of the night if anyone is still up, starts in a few minutes time.

Highly entertaining game once more between these two teams.

Meanwhile, the Nets are getting blown out in Houston and it's not even half time.

the problem for Melo is that the rest of his team stay in the locker room come game time.

The reception for Melo tonight is awful. Denver seem to forget that they got ALOT of promising guys out of that deal / or at least force the GM to search for young talent

Lakers are potentially going to pull off a great road game. Once again Nuri's tips of staying the hell away from accumulators (unless definite teams) works again.

Seriously do any of the Nets players, when they get away from the fact that Kidd is a Nets legend, honestly pay any heed to him as a coach. he hardly has the personality? I hear he is not getting on with his assistants who seem to be doing all the work. While getting aging players was questionable, surly Brooklyn can't keep this guy if they are still crap by Christmas (I know that they have 2 big players missing)

• Advertisement

OKC - Warriors, overtime..

Just imagine these two in a playoff series :D

Advertisement