Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

WESTBROOK.. DAGGER!!! :pac:

If there is any justice folks, they will meet in the Playoffs. ****ing hell, insane. Props to Thabo for the save too. Delighted for Russ.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Nate Robinson, sweet Jesus, 6 clubs in no time. No doubt he has talent why did the coaches dislike him . having another fine game, bulls MUST miss him

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

That won't be my last NBA game anyway, Jesus it was pretty good, thought knicks were going to do it in the end! Atmosphere was unreal! The jeering towards Melo was well over the top though! They were a 1 man team when he was there, they are far from it now, Lawson is a great player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nate Robinson, sweet Jesus, 6 clubs in no time. No doubt he has talent why did the coaches dislike him . having another fine game, bulls MUST miss him

I definitely miss him. He was probably our MVP last year taking everything into account. I've said it a few times on here but when he's hot, he's one of my favourite players in the league to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Westbrooks game winner was amazing. Great hustle not letting the ball go out of bounds. That will be in some top 10 play video at the end of the year.

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    That won't be my last NBA game anyway, Jesus it was pretty good, thought knicks were going to do it in the end! Atmosphere was unreal! The jeering towards Melo was well over the top though! They were a 1 man team when he was there, they are far from it now, Lawson is a great player!

If JaVale McGee kept things simple, Faried continues to grow experience wise, and the team improve their shooting and rebounding, then Denver would be up their in the top 3 in the west, cause Lawson is outstanding. Playoffs to semis would be a real possibility. They have a great squad of solid guys for so called no superstar team. The new coach has been impressive.

Do fans feel the altitude difference too? What is the city of dencer like, looks picturesque (sorry it sounds like a silly question, just I have been keeping my eye on the suggests for a while)

Andre Miller lol, that dude just keeps going. Like Hamilton and Hickson,

Danilo will be back soon and Chandler to me, is the second most important player at the club, no.coincidence they are back winning since his return

Christ Knicks cant even keep the ball moving for a better shot, they are predictable, I feel sorry for Melo even if he is a bit of a shoot on site dude.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Another easy win for The Pacers last night. John Wall and the Wizards were no match at all.

What about Lance Stephenson throwing circus passes for fun to George, Watson and Scola

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

If JaVale McGee kept things simple, Faried continues to grow experience wise, and the team improve their shooting and rebounding, then Denver would be up their in the top 3 in the west, cause Lawson is outstanding. Playoffs to semis would be a real possibility. They have a great squad of solid guys for so called no superstar team. The new coach has been impressive.

Do fans feel the altitude difference too? What is the city of dencer like, looks picturesque (sorry it sounds like a silly question, just I have been keeping my eye on the suggests for a while)

Danilo will be back soon and Chandler to me, is the second most important player at the club, no.coincidence they are back winning since his return

Christ Knicks cant even keep the ball moving for a better shot, they are predictable, I feel sorry for Melo even if he is a bit of a shoot on site dude.

Infairness to him the offense is so bad he has to be a shoot on sight player. Woodson does not have an offensive philosophy, it's just give Melo the ball and clear out. Woodie is probably about 3 losses away from the sack. I like him, he led us to our best season in over a decade last year. He has managed to hold the dressing room, Shumperts besides who is not playing for him, so I still am hopeful if he is given the time to turn it around he will. Realistically a 5th/6th seed is what we are aiming for, and Chandler's return will make a huge difference to the defense. We need to get more perimeter scoring, and if Shumpert could be parlayed into getting in a consistent scorer to give help to Melo, then I think the trade should be made.

Conveniently doesn't bother to mention that both Nene and Beal, two of their starters for the Wizards missed the game last night due to injury. Both of whom have been very good for the most part in the Wizards wins complementing Wall's superb performances. Glad I heard about Nene missing though, made my decision a whole lot easier last night. Was leaning on the Wizards covering originally.

Interesting schedule for the Pacers coming up now.

___

Re: Melo, I'm in a rush so will keep it short. Only Pop, Phil Jackson (if he were to return), Thibs or Rivers could get it into him about playing team ball. Melo won't buy into any other coaches system. It's his prerogative as the franchise player to make his teammates play better, get them involved. I'd honestly trade him. All this ISO BS is tedious, doesn't matter who you supporter, that **** is obvious, especially come crunch time. As I said on Twitter last night while watching the game down the stretch knowing full well how it was going to pan out -
    ADΞ™ @The_Ade_ 11h
    I cannot remember the last Melo made a game winner or game tying shot. Genuinely can't.

A minute later this was RT'ed in my feed -
    Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 11h
    Melo now 1 for his last 15 on potential game-tying/winning shots in last 30 seconds of a game. Was 5-of-14 in 2011-12.

There is far more to it, but unfortunately I don't have the time right now to expand. Melo has to look at himself in the mirror before he contemplates moaning in the media.

edit - JR Smith is just... yeah. Poison. Absolute poison since winning 6th MOTY.

• Advertisement

Wow, Spurs slip again to 14-3.

Wow, Spurs slip again to 14-3.

Were you expecting them to go 80-2? Along with Indiana of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

In typical fashion, Andrew Bynum waits for the Bulls to roll into town to make a passable impression of a professional basketball player (20-10 last night). 18 points from Tony Snell one of the few plus for the Bulls.

On a related note, my patience with Noah is beginning to wear thin, defensive hustle is one thing, but it's becoming increasingly hard to justify paying over 12m a year to a player who's averaging 8.8ppg.

Were you expecting them to go 80-2? Along with Indiana of course.

No Spurs will defiantly start to pick up more losses as the season goes on.

I'm thinking about 62 - 20

Pacers I feel are a better team than the Spurs right now, Pacers are younger with more quality and strength in depth than the Spurs.
    There is also less competition in the Eastern conference.

So all going well I think we can go between 68 - 14 to 70 - 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

No Spurs will defiantly start to pick up more losses as the season goes on.

I'm thinking about 62 - 20

Pacers I feel are a better team than the Spurs right now, Pacers are younger with more quality and strength in depth than the Spurs.
    There is also less competition in the Eastern conference.

I can't decide whether you're just very young, or very new to basketball.

In typical fashion, Andrew Bynum waits for the Bulls to roll into town to make a passable impression of a professional basketball player (20-10 last night). 18 points from Tony Snell one of the few plus for the Bulls.

On a related note, my patience with Noah is beginning to wear thin, defensive hustle is one thing, but it's becoming increasingly hard to justify paying over 12m a year to a player who's averaging 8.8ppg.

It's all good mate. The season is a write off and I'm willing to sacrifice inevitably losing in round one or two of the playoffs for the pain of a rubbish season and a higher draft pick in a stacked draft.

The likes of Boozer, Deng and maybe even Noah know that they are all but finished as Bulls so I can see why their production levels will come down.

Just for those who didn't watch it, worth watching the full game or at least the highlights of the Rockets @ Spurs game last night. Arguably the third best game this year behind the two Warriors - OKC games. Never seen a team do to the Spurs what the Rockets did in that first half namely. Devastating. Parsons is ever improving as is Ross for them.

Shocker in Phoenix last night too with the Jazz winning.

70-12 would be better than the 72-10 record the 95/96 Bulls, arguably the best NBA team in history, put up. While 68-14 would be one game better than the 91/92 Bulls.

There's about as much chance of me shagging Cheryl Cole tonight as there is of the Pacers finishing with that sort of record.

Something being ignored is the fact that the Pacers have played the third most amount of home games in the NBA at present. The combined record of their opponents has been 79-132, with all but two opponents from the less competitive (as you said yourself) eastern conference. Lets see how things stack up after a 5 game road trip against the Clippers, Spurs, Thunder and Trail Blazers and at home to the Heat in the space of 10 or so days.

Purely as a basketball fan, it was great seeing what he did, going by the highlights. Bynum was always super talented.

Entirely agree on Noah though, he looks half arsed all season at the offensive end even before Rose injury. Tis strange.

• Advertisement

moneyman wrote: »
    I can't decide whether you're just very young, or very new to basketball.

Scary thing is that given all his comments, he's serious. Otherwise, it's one impressive wind up attempt.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Purely as a basketball fan, it was great seeing what he did, going by the highlights. Bynum was always super talented.

Entirely agree on Noah though, he looks half arsed all season at the offensive end even before Rose injury. Tis strange.

Noah is that bad, that on 2 occassions he was in the 2 point zone, dead centre. Did Cav's bother to mark up, hell no, they knew that he can't shot for ****e and knew that he would pass it off. Imagine Carmelo getting that amount of space? Christ even Brendan Bass scored a three pointer on Friday night!

I could not believe it. Noah had room to shoot and hope for the best. They were predictable on the offence. They were heavily relying on Deng. Even the rebounding was poor!

Bynam had a stormer, delighted for him. 5 blocks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

It is a lovely city, wile flat considering it's a mile above sea level! Well I definitely felt the altitude, ya get drunk quicker, iI would say it would take a long time to get used to living here!

Yeah but they are lacking a high end scorer to actually get them into that top 4 in the west!

Yeah the knicks are brutal, they squeeze into the playoffs and get hammered by the heat or some team like that!

07 Mavs went 67 - 15
    08 Celtic went 66 - 16
    09 Cavs went 66 -16
    13 Heat went 66 -16

I say why can't The Pacers have a high 60s - low teens season right now?

We are the best team in this league

You're setting your expectations too low. They're on track for 81-1.

Pacers @ Clippers and Twolves @ OKC are the games to watch tonight, former is starting in 10 minutes time.

Blazers @ Lakers and Warriors @ Kings should be decent, high scoring games too.

Nate Robinson 23p 5a in 23 minutes off the bench in a win against Raptors.

Bulls could have done with keeping him but obviously they didn't expect that to happen to Rose

07 Mavs went 67 - 15
    08 Celtic went 66 - 16
    09 Cavs went 66 -16
    13 Heat went 66 -16

I say why can't The Pacers have a high 60s - low teens season right now?

We are the best team in this league

because bar maby the mavs all of those teams where better than the pacers are now and if the pacers get near that number of wins they will start resting players

I have my doubts over the Clippers, but their bench has been excellent the last few games or so. Pacers really need to slow this game down.

• Advertisement

Nate Robinson 23p 5a in 23 minutes off the bench in a win against Raptors.

Bulls could have done with keeping him but obviously they didn't expect that to happen to Rose

Bulls are idiots

Back to the Denver game,.Tim Moskov 18 rebounds and 15 points wow didnt see that coming

Advertisement