Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

because bar maby the mavs all of those teams where better than the pacers are now and if the pacers get near that number of wins they will start resting players

Not to mention the fact that injuries will come.sure once end of march comes it is time to lower thr minutes of.thr big three assuming that thr top two seeds are secured. Championships aint won during the regular season .sure bulls were 1 in the east a few years ago and fell short in the play offs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Pacers Clippers is a fun game. PG and CP3 both going at it. Fun to watch.

Go Pacers!

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I have my doubts over the Clippers, but their bench has been excellent the last few games or so. Pacers really need to slow this game down.

Will golden state bounce back tonight. I always get a bit worried about kings, clippers had a hard time with them .warriors played good ball against a great OKC team and one could suggest that Westbrook got a tad bit lucky. David lee should have sank those free throws.

I think la Lakers v Portland will n interesting too.la Habe shown a lot despite the nonsense of last year (funny Kobe return might ruin things ie sharing the ball)

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Pacers Clippers is a fun game. PG and CP3 both going at it. Fun to watch.

Go Pacers!

Paul was supposed to be injured !! God damn it

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Will golden state bounce back tonight. I always get a bit worried about kings, clippers had a hard time with them .warriors played good ball against a great OKC team and one could suggest that Westbrook got a tad bit lucky. David lee should have sank those free throws.

I think la Lakers v Portland will n interesting too.la Habe shown a lot despite the nonsense of last year (funny Kobe return might ruin things ie sharing the ball)

I know the Kings could argue the same, but the Warriors are due tonight. Tonight is good as any to pick up that W on this current road trip for them. Curry looking like himself pre-concussion against OKC has me confident they'll win tonight.

Rumours are Kobe could be back Friday on restricted minutes. Good and bad thing, bad for the reason you mentioned. As I said the other day, I've genuinely have enjoyed watching the Lakers so far this season. Fully bought into the D'Antoni's system.

• Advertisement

Paul was supposed to be injured !! God damn it
    10 & 7 for the half.

Pacers D sagged during the 2nd but the game changed in their one PG came back in.

Decent game between the Clippers and Pacers, Pacers are up 6 at the half and are looking solid for the W. CP3 and George going at it. Jordan is containing Hibbert well it must be said. Reddick is missed though.

I know the Kings could argue the same, but the Warriors are due tonight. Tonight is good as any to pick up that W on this current road trip for them. Curry looking like himself pre-concussion against OKC has me confident they'll win tonight.

Rumours are Kobe could be back Friday on restricted minutes. Good and bad thing, bad for the reason you mentioned. As I said the other day, I've genuinely have enjoyed watching the Lakers so far this season. Fully bought into the D'Antoni's system.

Sacramento have a pretty good record against warriors,despite the earlier game. Williams is interesting. But,ya warriors were great against OKC. Tempted to put a medium bet on warriors but Sacramento scare me.

As for Lakers, if Kobe is smart,for the sake of his health, he would allow his teammates more of the ball and buy into the system,at least at home games. This are not all doom n.gloom in la la land

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Decent game between the Clippers and Pacers, Pacers are up 6 at the half and are looking solid for the W. CP3 and George going at it. Jordan is containing Hibbert well it must be said. Reddick is missed though.

94-94, 5 mins left, we got us a ball game folks.

Ugh, better hold on.

• Advertisement

Ugh, better hold on.

That's an unpleasant call there giving Hill 3 free throws

Both teams missing a lot of shots here.

Make those free throws and ice this game Pacers.

Offensive rebound. Fouled. Game over.

Make those free throws and ice this game Pacers.

Offensive rebound. Fouled. Game over.

Was one of those games that neither team was taking control of, some of the shot selection in the last 5 mins (by both teams) was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

2 massive offensive rebounds, game over. Great game though.

Was one of those games that neither team was taking control of, some of the shot selection in the last 5 mins (by both teams) was a joke.

Yup, Clippers were a tad unlucky at times with their shots. CP3's jumper towards the end springs to mind with one possession in it. Pacers were just bricking 3 pointers it seemed for the last few minutes, bizarre. Anyway, my bet on the moneyline is in, thankfully! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

really enjoyed that Clippers game, great win for the Pacers but level of competition is getting harder now with a sticky run coming up.

Drummond with a career game there for the Pistons. Monster game.

Bab3WlsCQAARa5K.png:large
    Sacramento have a pretty good record against warriors,despite the earlier game. Williams is interesting. But,ya warriors were great against OKC. Tempted to put a medium bet on warriors but Sacramento scare me.

As for Lakers, if Kobe is smart,for the sake of his health, he would allow his teammates more of the ball and buy into the system,at least at home games. This are not all doom n.gloom in la la land

Facilitator Kobe is awesome. Love watching that Kobe.

Got a medium stake bet on the Dubs myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

In other news Andre Drummond 31p 19r 6s 2b.

Loving watching him and DeMarcus Cousins this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Andre Drummond with 31 points, 19 rebounds, 6 steals and 2 blocks tonight. Not a bad nights work!

• Advertisement

Loads of bricked shots from both teams late on but overall a really entertaining game between the Clippers and the Pacers. Two big rebounds late on won it for the Pacers. Still 16-1, unbelievable run.

Drummond with a career game there for the Pistons. Monster game.

Bab3WlsCQAARa5K.png:large.png

Facilitator Kobe is awesome. Love watching that Kobe.

Got a medium stake bet on the Dubs myself.
    If Kobe wants to end his career on a high (championship is probably out of.the question for now but a good run in play offs would be great,who knows what can happen in the trade) then he must return to the facilitator and never mind all those gob****es who will think a 20+ a night Kobe is dead

I might put that bet on and hold my breathe. This is a cali derby so ot will be worrying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Good timing lads :)

I love when Curry has a layup, but pulls up for 3.

The game has been a bit scrappy so far. Kings turnovers are killing them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

What a game in Staples tonight. A real test of Pacer metal. Big win for us, 16 -1. Another tough one up tomorrow against Portland

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

07 Mavs went 67 - 15
    08 Celtic went 66 - 16
    09 Cavs went 66 -16
    13 Heat went 66 -16

I say why can't The Pacers have a high 60s - low teens season right now?

We are the best team in this league

With all due respect, you are not part of the team. Please stop saying "we" and "us" all the time when you discuss the Pacers. You come across as the basketball equivalent of those teenagers (or even adults) you see wearing Liverpool jerseys, shorts and socks during the day. Every time you post I think of this:

http://www.dailydot.com/lol/full-kit-****-twitter-explained/

As others have said, half the time I think you're just trolling on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

With all due respect, you are not part of the team. Please stop saying "we" and "us" all the time when you discuss the Pacers. You come across as the basketball equivalent of those teenagers (or even adults) you see wearing Liverpool jerseys, shorts and socks during the day. Every time you post I think of this:

http://www.dailydot.com/lol/full-kit-****-twitter-explained/

As others have said, half the time I think you're just trolling on here.

I think that's a bit harsh. I often say ''we'' when referring to teams I support and don't see anything wrong with it.

*Typed while wearing my Bulls jersey, shorts, snapback, socks and underpants* :pac:

I tend to type/say we for Liverpool and Dortmund :P

Anywhoo, right now...

Splash Brothers are on fire right now for the Warriors.

Heat are down 13.. to the Bobcats.. at home early in the 4th.

Kevin Martin is being a prat against his old team.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Paully D wrote: »
    I think that's a bit harsh. I often say ''we'' when referring to teams I support and don't see anything wrong with it.

*Typed while wearing my Bulls jersey, shorts, snapback, socks and underpants* :pac:

Ah come on lads, it's DRD - he's fair game!!!! :D

• Advertisement

Bobcats up 14 in Miami. I'm scared.

Advertisement