Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Wow go Portland!

Blazers clearly a better team than the Pacers, by a long way!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

What, no DRD report on last night's Pacers game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

kmart6 wrote: »
    Wow go Portland!

Blazers clearly a better team than the Pacers, by a long way!!!!!!!!!

Ssssh don't let DRD hear you saying that. Only praise for the Pacers and George is allowed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Ssssh don't let DRD hear you saying that. Only praise for the Pacers and George is allowed here.

In fairness, George was brilliant last night.
    Pacers have a glaring weakness at the PG position though.

There was plenty of smart money on the blazers for that game.
    I took 11/10 looked later and they had moved to odds on.
    Pacers have horrible record in Portland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Insane game in Chicago. Pelicans won in triple overtime (watched from the 4Q onwards)! Was convinced there'd be a fourth. Deng, Holiday and Andersen were superb. Absolute hell for anyone who had a bet on that game, won or lose! I had Pellicans +4.5. 3-0 on the road and B2B wins in New York and Chicago without Davis... major props to them.

Should have only been 2 overtimes. Couple of very strange calls.
    Delighted the Pelicans got there in the end after Hinrich's pathetic flop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Any more attempts to draw another poster into an argument will result in bans, no need for it whatsoever

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

You know what. I had a bad feeling about this game with Portland. They were always going to be a potential banana skin we might slip up on, on this road trip.

It was on too late for me to watch live, but I've had a look at the highlights. George was outstanding again, 43 points is some score. Overall It looks like the Pacers played pretty well but Portland are a serious team this season and they made a statement last night. Lillard is a superstar in the making. Portland are real contenders in the West.

It's no big deal though. We will take that loss out on the Jazz tomorrow night.

#Pacernation #ontothenextone

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Oh I must have missed the announcement, when did hash tags become a thing on boards?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Any more attempts to draw another poster into an argument will result in bans, no need for it whatsoever
    Ya lads infairness, DRD does a good enough job of starting arguments here without us trying to initiate.

Btw, the setanta sports package is only 1 euro this month. The package includes: setanta ireland and setanta sports 1/ BT sports 1 and 2/ and ESPN. Fantastic deal for us basketball fans, can't wait for the 4 games on xmas day. BT is showing more games than sky did last year as well. They are showing Heat v Pistons tonight, Duke v Michigan on ESPN after. Lokking forward to seeing Jabara Parker, and how good he really is. Link
    https://secure.setantasubs.com/

kmart6 wrote: »
    Oh I must have missed the announcement, when did hash tags become a thing on boards?!

Nice try but I'm not going to argue with you.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Was just thinking that myself ^ edit - @ kmart I meant.

Bizarre really.

So, I wonder when will it be time to re-open the Wall discussions....:pac::pac::pac:

Its funny, I like the Pacers but I kind of find myself wanting them to lose, I think it could be because of a certain poster here :o

Thing is, at the moment he's certainly playing like an All-Star, anyone who disagrees is clueless. This calendar year let alone this season, it's hard to argue he hasn't been one of the top 3 point guards. People will point to the weak East and that's true, it's weak. Especially when Rose out again, Rondo only coming back in a matter of days it seems, Wade's health and restricted minutes and even Kyrie's poor form, but the numbers Wall are putting up are impressive when compared to those in the much deeper West.

If he can master that mid-range jumper which is a bit shaky I think he's the first to admit, sky is the limit for him.

BQQ wrote: »
    Should have only been 2 overtimes. Couple of very strange calls.
    Delighted the Pelicans got there in the end after Hinrich's pathetic flop.

I didn't see a replay unfortunately (probably due to having my head in my hands as the game was taking it's toll on me :pac:), but the Bulls commentators were a bit embarrassed I could hear alright.

So, I wonder when will it be time to re-open the Wall discussions....:pac::pac::pac:

By default, due to the Rose and Rondo injuries, Poor form of D Will and some others. Wall just about moves inside the of the top 10 PG's in the league
      Chris Paul Russell Westbrook Tony Parker Stephen Curry Damian Lillard Kyrie Irving Ty Lawson John Wall Mike Conley Jeff Teague

Going by the list tag fail, I take it that's Parker behind Westbrook... o_0

By default, due to the Rose and Rondo injuries, Poor form of D Will and some others. Wall just about moves inside the of the top 10 PG's in the league
      Chris Paul Russell Westbrook Tony Parker Stephen Curry Damian Lillard Kyrie Irving Ty Lawson John Wall Mike Conley Jeff Teague

Ahem *Jrue Holiday* Ahem

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Can't remember which one of you kerazy kids it was but one of your Top 10 PG lists last year had no Steph Curry and no Tony Parker :eek:

Not getting drawn on John "The Franchise" Wall!

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Going by the list tag fail, I take it that's Parker behind Westbrook... o_0

Yeah. They are both great players, Both very different styles of point guard. Order of preference depending on opinion

buyer95 wrote: »
    Ahem *Jrue Holiday* Ahem

I Like Holiday too. It was either him or Teague. I feel Teague has made a step forward and improved is game this season Avg 17 pts and 8 ast this season

• Advertisement

Hoping the Pistons frontcourt does some damage tonight.

Stuck a small play on the ML at 4/1 to go with the spread, god help me :pac:

Should be a fascinating game this anyway.

James Jones buzzer beater to win it for the Heat. Calling it now :pac:

Come on Pistons. Gotta cut this Miami streak

Oh beautiful hook shot by smith. Pistons lead by 13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭theblaqueguy

King James will sort this out for the heat

King James will sort this out for the heat
    James who? Pistons have Kyle "magic" Singler

Pistons 82 - 68 Heat. 1 quarter to go. Come on Detroit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭theblaqueguy

Pistons 82 - 68 Heat. 1 quarter to go. Come on Detroit

Not looking good for the heat they'll need to hit a few 3 pointers to have any chance they have been very poor detroit deserve to win and they probably will close it out

Fck sake Pistons are throwing it away

• Advertisement

Well, this is horrible viewing. Should have wedged. Surely Detroit will cover the +10 at least -_-

Advertisement