Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Not worried, team is just out of sync from a few things...foul trouble disrupting the rotation, new players, and some players who missed pre-season games (Noah, Hinrich). It balloons against the Heat, because you miss your shots, then you're defending in transition.

Thought they'd do better, but it's essentially a new team playing against one that's been together for the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

good win for the pacers!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

First time the starting 5 of the Bulls have ever played together, and it shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Amount of fans that have left ??. My god , disgrace . Thats "HeatNation" for you

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

2tplZpH.jpg

I'll never understand how you can leave a game early. Especially when your team is beating a rival :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Good to have the season underway, hopefully this year I'll get to see more games...might have to get the league pass to motivate me though! Good games this evening and the Lakers were a big surprise! Interesting to see how much consistent production they get from their bench

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Nice start from the Pacers. Hibbert was a beast, 16 Rebounds, 8 Blocks. George put up 24 points. Blue Collar Gold Swagger

What game are you guys watching tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nets/Cavs for me I think.

As much as I want to see the Pistons beat the Wizards, I have to watch My Pacers play the Pelicans. I'll start of with the 1st half hour of Heat v 76ers for the Lebron show, Then over to the Pacers Game, while throwing the occasional eye on Detroit's progress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

is there any websites out there that allow you to watch a recorded nba game for free? I can't afford the league pass and the games are on too late for me to watch. I'd like to see them the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

My Knicks prejudice takes over, I'll be watching them. Ill watch first quarter of nets v cavs though.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Heading up to MSG in a bit for the game, should be a good atmosphere and hopefully in turn, a good performance.

Probably tune in for the Lakers @ Warriors game later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

deadybai wrote: »
    is there any websites out there that allow you to watch a recorded nba game for free? I can't afford the league pass and the games are on too late for me to watch. I'd like to see them the next day.

NBA league pass is free for the first week, sign up and you can watch the games tomorrow whenever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Heading up to MSG in a bit for the game, should be a good atmosphere and hopefully in turn, a good performance.

Probably tune in for the Lakers @ Warriors game later.

Cool, great stadium & fans, should be a good atmosphere on opening night.

Dwayne Wade's knees are troubling him already it seems. He's out tonight. Going to be interesting to see how he holds up over the rigours of a full season.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Oat23 wrote: »
    I'll never understand how you can leave a game early. Especially when your team is beating a rival :confused:

Well it is the Heat you used as an example here, not exactly die hard, and there is only 41 seconds left so can understand why people have left when the game was basically over before half time!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Paully D wrote: »
    Dwayne Wade's knees are troubling him already it seems. He's out tonight. Going to be interesting to see how he holds up over the rigours of a full season.

Part of my reasoning as to why they will not three-peat.

76ers start with a 19 -0 run

CBS have a very good game tracker this year lads:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/scoreboard

5ae2d79d4e27afe2150bb1a8997650fd.png

• Advertisement

No Jennings for the new Pistons. He has a tooth ache.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

If the Cavs can stay healthy, It'd be an exciting time to be a Cav fan. The second line up they have on the floor is lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Got sent this by a mate earlier today, have to say it got a chuckle....

BX0oGsWIUAAECcI.jpg

Signed up for the league pass for a month , trialed it there on my phone and apple TV, perfecto

Work in 6 hours but Thunder are on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Loving these few underdog wins so far.

Sixers just bet Miami after losing their last 15 games against Miami.

Pacers are number 1 in the East, Only team with 2 wins.:D
    Great win by the 76ers. Great debut from MCW 22 Pts, 7 Reb, 12 Ast, 9 Stl
    Delighted the Pistons won. "Plenty more defeats where that came from John Wall"
    GSW look like they could be a real force in the west. Clay Thompson drops 38 on the Lakers.
    Howard off to a good start in Houston.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Pacers are number 1 in the East, Only team with 2 wins.:D
    Great win by the 76ers. Great debut from MCW 22 Pts, 7 Reb, 12 Ast, 9 Stl
    Delighted the Pistons won. "Plenty more defeats where that came from John Wall"
    GSW look like they could be a real force in the west. Clay Thompson drops 38 on the Lakers.
    Howard off to a good start in Houston.

Just stop, please...

Well that was an eventful evening or what. First thing first, I hadn't been inside MSG since 2012, but there's been a massive renovation going on inside MSG for over the past few years, mostly during the off-season which was completed during the off season this year. It cost a lot of money, but I believe it was worth it so long as the long term future of the arena is secured. Things are a bit murky in this regards. But yeah, MSG is just simply more modern inside now thanks to the facelift, and is befitting for a team from NY. From the general lighting, to the seating plan, to the new bridge areas which offer really great views, the new scoreboard, etc.

As for the game itself, well it was more of the same from a lot of last season's games at the Garden really in how things panned out against the lesser teams.

I thought the first half was excellent all round. There was a real intensity in defence which is something that was lacking at times last season, and as well as that, team ball was key to building to such a big lead going into the break even with Melo on the court, he was was really trying to get others involved too which was fantastic to see since as most people know, things go heavy on the iso side in the past when he's on the court. Pablo, Shump and Felton in particular were superb. Now admittedly, the Bucks starting PG Knight's injury very early on helped us and threw them off no doubt about that.

Second half, well it was carnage till the final few minutes where both Melo but namely Chandler stepped up big time with some crucial points. The spacing and ball movement that I and many praised in the first half was gone. I worried about us going into the 3Q at half time, full well knowing the Knicks 3Q performances over the past year were more often than not were terrible and it reared it's ugly head once more. But to blow a 25 point lead is unacceptable, the Bucks were even leading at one point midway during the 4th.

In regards to our main signing, Bargs didn't really have his shot tonight, but you can see from his movement, if he does find it, he'll be picking up some good points during games for sure. Defensively, he didn't offer much, but most people are not anticipating much if any improvement in this facet of his game.

Overall though, anybody who knows me, knows that I do not take not much notice of the opening week as it is a free for all for the most part, both in performance and results. And as someone who caps basketball at a serious level, I am not betting till next week in fact. Miami's game was a shocker and should never have came to that, but it's an extreme example of my thoughts of opening week in the NBA. Minefield best describes it. At least the Knicks won their opener, so despite my concerns, I'm pleased.

As for the Bulls game up next, I fully expect them to bounce back after the loss to Miami. Thibs will see to that. Bulls on national TV (I need to check the tv listings to make sure it is) at home and coming off a loss was an automatic lump on them situation last year except for the Miami series. It'll be interesting to see how many minutes Stoudemire will get tonight from a Knicks POV. Woodson has been adamant that'll he be rotating him and Martin especially when it comes to B2B games, so don't expect to see either in the same game depending on injuries and what not.

• Advertisement

Before I forget, Michael Carter Williams, take a bow. What a line and on his debut.. and against the B2B Champions. Incredible stuff.

Truly was a crazy night in general going by the highlights, a lot of nail-biters!

Advertisement