Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I swear the Bucks only make shots when I bet against them.

OT.

Win by 2 at the very least and we're good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Was v Mil goes to OT

Magic blowout by the Knicks.

Wizards look lost without Nene at the defensive end. That should be that, surely. Maybe not, Bucks just went ape ****.

I cannot cap Bucks and Mavs games -_-

Woohoo! Wizards lose

Lawson goes down injured for the Nuggets now, won't return. This season and injuries, sessh.

As I was typing that, Tyreke Evans goes down for the Pelicans. Rolled his ankle badly by the looks of it.

• Advertisement

408d2af79fdac98e0066be9adcbf5887.png

Who will spot it?

______

Also.. Carmelo on playing distributor: "For me I just wanted to do something a little different. See if it works. Me scoring 30 wasn't working."

He's learning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Earl Clark outscored Kyrie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'm rarely one to give a gunner like Melo credit for anything other than points totals,but in fairness to the guy he is clearly trying on the boards end this year. Averagining a career high 9.9 for the season, though undoubtedly that is boosted a little by Chandler's absence, but in fairness to him, you still gotta work for those rebounds. Will be interesting to see if he can maintain this pace, but fair play if does. I previously posted about how last year was the first year since the 1950s where no-one went 20 and 10 for the season - Melo would probably have been the last guy I'd ever have considered doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Kyrie has been one of the biggest letdowns this year, and not just because of the game last night. Just not living up to the hype that has been built up

Earl Clark outscored Kyrie?

Ding, ding, ding!
    stuba wrote: »
    Kyrie has been one of the biggest letdowns this year, and not just because of the game last night. Just not living up to the hype that has been built up

Before I say anything, the guy is super talented, especially at the offensive end, but... I think fame is perhaps going to his head a little. Bit of the Blake Griffin about him at present, more focused on the commercial side of things. There's been talk of that in the US since pre-season in fact, not much more than rumours, but perhaps that translating into his displays this season. That plus the fact the Cavs are a shambles of a frustration as a whole won't help.

I'm rarely one to give a gunner like Melo credit for anything other than points totals,but in fairness to the guy he is clearly trying on the boards end this year. Averagining a career high 9.9 for the season, though undoubtedly that is boosted a little by Chandler's absence, but in fairness to him, you still gotta work for those rebounds. Will be interesting to see if he can maintain this pace, but fair play if does. I previously posted about how last year was the first year since the 1950s where no-one went 20 and 10 for the season - Melo would probably have been the last guy I'd ever have considered doing it!

Yeah, I'm highly critical of Melo but he's trying in that respect, so props to him. Should be an interesting game tonight as it usually is, Celtics @ Knicks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Andrew Bynum had a great game considering the minutes he played too. He looks like he could slowly be coming back to being one of the top centers in the league.

I blame tiredness for earlier. There's no Celtics @ Knicks game tonight :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Napped for 3 hours to watch all this game. Should be a good one. I fancy the spurs to shade it.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Napped for 3 hours to watch all this game. Should be a good one. I fancy the spurs to shade it.

Hopefully they shade it by at least 4 :p

Mic pick up someone yelling " I love you Tim Duncan" Gotta love it!

Spurs offense running beautiful, 28 points against the best defensive team in the league. " MVP candidate" Paul George anonymous early doors.

Pacers have tightened it up on d and George is ballin. -2 first half is gone anyway.

Lack of stops from Spurs, Pacers crashing the glass and George making some 3's. Pacers lead going into the half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Superstar PG has turned up.

Spurs have no answer for D West. Great 2nd quarter for the Pacers, I was expecting the Spurs to run away with it after the 1st.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Superstar PG has turned up.

Spurs have no answer for D West. Great 2nd quarter for the Pacers, I was expecting the Spurs to run away with it after the 1st.

As I've learned through the years of betting, 1Q means zilch :)

• Advertisement

Nets are loltastic.

Pacers nailing 3's for fun now it seems, this is game surely.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Spurs offense running beautiful, 28 points against the best defensive team in the league. " MVP candidate" Paul George anonymous early doors.

The blame is fully at your door :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    As I've learned through the years of betting, 1Q means zilch :)
    Especially when Pacers are usually poor in the 2nd quarter as its when PG and Roy sit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Nets are loltastic.

I think my shout of them being the worst team in the league (with regards to their expectations) is looking pretty safe :pac:

What I'd give for a garbage time point (Paddy is refunding all spread bets on games shown on BT).

15-0 run for the Spurs..

ROFL.

That should clear up any remaining Paul George superstar deniers.

That was a statement of Pacer intent. It's championship or nothing for this team. The best team in the league

Humility is an awesome trait.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

That should clear up any remaining Paul George superstar deniers.

That was a statement of Pacer intent. It's championship or nothing for this team. The best team in the league

Steady on, we haven't come near half way through the regular season yet.

Yes Pacers will go deep into th play offs, Maybe even make the Finals, but it may go West this time, it is too early to call

I will be surprised if Heat Come out of the East, shocked if they win it.They must be shattered by now.then again, sod winnings 70+ games. Make the top 3 and work from there

Advertisement