Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I swear the Bucks only make shots when I bet against them.

Same can be applied to the Mavs. Dirk aside, I truly despise that franchise.

Dirk is making everything. Sigh.

Holy ****, what a shot Lillard!

And Ellis wins it for Dallas, oh yay. Not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I will be surprised if Heat Come out of the East, shocked if they win it.They must be shattered by now.then again, sod winnings 70+ games. Make the top 3 and work from there

Miami could sleepwalk into the top two of the East. They could probably lose 15 or 20 games in a row and still take that #2 seed by the end of the regular season.

They're doing exactly what you say, just concentrating on getting into the playoffs and they will turn on the burners from there. That said, they did win 10 in a row until being blown out by Detriot the other night.

It will surely be a Pacers/Heat eastern conference final unless Rose makes a miraculous recovery and slots straight back into the Bulls team before the playoffs, thus playing at 100% come playoff time. I think they're the only side that could cause an upset in all honesty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Gonna be a long night waiting until half fecking 2 in the morning to watch Kobe returning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Same can be applied to the Mavs. Dirk aside, I truly despise that franchise.

Ah Dallas, no matter how many likeable players they might have I dispise Mark Cuban.

To be fair to the guy he goes to all the games,home n away but sure that's nice when you don't have to worry about money and thr business. I liked him for his support of Seattle getting a team back.

But, for god sake you would swear that he is the coach or general manager.he acts like an overgrown spoilt child on the sideline. He aint no Jerry Buss. I wish he would stay in the background. He seems to try to hard to be liked.

• Advertisement

Knicks reverted to Type A, stinking up the Garden.

Ah Dallas, no matter how many likeable players they might have I dispise Mark Cuban.

To be fair to the guy he goes to all the games,home n away but sure that's nice when you don't have to worry about money and thr business. I liked him for his support of Seattle getting a team back.

But, for god sake you would swear that he is the coach or general manager.he acts like an overgrown spoilt child on the sideline. He aint no Jerry Buss. I wish he would stay in the background. He seems to try to hard to be liked.

I just dislike them because I cannot bet for or against them, tbf. Four years out of five years they've burned into overall profit.

Paully D wrote: »
    Miami could sleepwalk into the top two of the East. They could probably lose 15 or 20 games in a row and still take that #2 seed by the end of the regular season.

They're doing exactly what you say, just concentrating on getting into the playoffs and they will turn on the burners from there. That said, they did win 10 in a row until being blown out by Detriot the other night.

It will surely be a Pacers/Heat eastern conference final unless Rose makes a miraculous recovery and slots straight back into the Bulls team before the playoffs, thus playing at 100% come playoff time. I think they're the only side that could cause an upset in all honesty.

I have NO doubt that Miami will be top two. I believe they will get tithe Eastern Final. 3 peats, as you know are tough.LeBron can carry them, so far, but that dude needs rest .Wade might not have thr health .Bosh is great,if only he can get some techique into boxing out and getting rebounds, get a bit more nasty.I don't know say some gay **** to payers mess with their heads ala those spoof videos ( I feel sorry for the guy,gets alot of abuse.). The bench hasn't been great so far (I am not critical of Allen too much)

Anyhoo Detroit have no excuse this season, they should be expecting the playoffs ,maybe 5 th seed or even 4th.

As for Bulls, the problem is not just Rose absence.Despite my absolute criticism of Boozer, he is possibly one of their inform players.If Deng is injured what then (remember how they missed him in the playoffs due to illness ) Noah has been TERRIBLE, and frankly, although he comes across as likeable, has far too much to say for himself. Why did they let Robinson go considering there was no genuine guarantee that Rose or Kendrich would stay healthy all season. Butlers absence has been big too.

Frankly I would Love it if Brookln fail.don't like teams trying to buy success. With all the money they had, they go and get 3 fading stars (Terry was decent in Dallas, useless in Boston,another who ha too much to say for himself) worse they then hire a hot head for a coach while spending loads on an assistant .turns out saying no to Brian Shaw was bad move (wow look what he has done at Denver so far without Iggy and Danni)

I still think whoever comes out West will do it.

If OKC can keep Durant and Westbrook healthy and,most importantly, Serge Ibaka does not go missing, it will make things interesting. Spurs will be Spurs and it would be no surprise if they are hurting to get another shot,the Big three need more from the rest of the team. Warriors? Nah. Portland, interesting ,semis maybe.

One team I would be very interested to see keep going is the Lakers!!! Can Kobe facilitate as well as we all know he can? Defensively he is sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

LOL @ Knicks

Knicks reverted to Type A, stinking up the Garden.

God I hope that is the case against Boston.From a Boston fan point of view I want knick blood!!! Their blood! They are wearing Orange tonight, hey hey 0-5 in those awful colours. No Stat either (getting back into it) god if only Courtney could defend!

Please god Sullys back holds up.I would like to see Humphries get more time tonight. Need him ,Bass and Sully to be hammering the boards as Melo is doing well on tha front. Every free throw might be vital.

• Advertisement

Right C's, win the 3Q by 3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

NufcNavan wrote: »
    LOL @ Knicks

Let's just recap the superb value the Knicks get from their roster

Player 2013/14
    Amare Stoudemire $21,679,893
    Carmelo Anthony $21,490,000
    Tyson Chandler $14,100,538
    Andrea Bargnani $11,000,000
    JR Smith $5,565,000
    Raymond Felton $4,180,000
    Iman Shumpert $1,797,600
    Pablo Prigioni $1,591,350
    Metta World Peace $1,590,000
    Kenyon Martin $1,399,507
    Beno Udrih $1,272,279
    Tim Hardaway Jr $1,196,760
    Cole Aldrich $884,293
    Toure Murry $490,180
    Chris Smith $490,180
    TOTALS: $86,862,927

Well done Boston.

Pacers @ OKC and Kobe's return following that on later tonight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Celtics hammer the Knicks 114-73 at the Garden. 41 points

Celtics attempt one less field goal than the Knicks and win by 41 says it all.
    Let's just recap the superb value the Knicks get from their roster

Player 2013/14
    Amare Stoudemire $21,679,893
    Carmelo Anthony $21,490,000

Tyson Chandler $14,100,538
    Andrea Bargnani $11,000,000
    JR Smith $5,565,000
    Raymond Felton $4,180,000

Iman Shumpert $1,797,600
    Pablo Prigioni $1,591,350
    Metta World Peace $1,590,000
    Kenyon Martin $1,399,507
    Beno Udrih $1,272,279
    Tim Hardaway Jr $1,196,760
    Cole Aldrich $884,293
    Toure Murry $490,180
    Chris Smith $490,180
    TOTALS: $86,862,927

The owner, James Dolan is the main issue, but those players need to be moved on. Been saying it for most of the season so far that they need to blow it up, but it's pointless doing so if there is no sale of the franchise IMO.

How can anyone dislike Mark Cuban after this :pac:

How can anyone dislike Mark Cuban after this :pac:

Ya saw that before. His heart is in the right place and he is a basketball man .I already gave him kudos about his stance with Seattle . But, his public persona can be gritting. Even getting into funny ego twitter battles with that Muppet Donald trump

This "we" thing, how much of the tactics came from Cuban or was it all Carisle n his staff?

The shark tank? Oh dear, pitty Cuban didnt respond by asking him what multi million dollar deals he was involved in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

I like ESPN first Take, Skip and Steven A aren't always right but they are entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Not surprising.....

I like ESPN first Take, Skip and Steven A aren't always right but they are entertaining.

They are morons!!! It use to be entertaining.One question I would love to ask LeBron.

"Did you really actually pay any heed to the comments or opinions of any particular "analyst" and if so, why?

You can see Skip getting a hard on over the idea that LeBron or any player would actually sit down and think about the advice given.

Why Isnt anyone calling for skip to coach? Sure a few managers got a job that way.

Stephen A is another who thinks he is first name on professionals cell phone.Bless.

As bad as Our Dunphy without the annoying Americanisms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

They're a comedy show, they're not basketball analysts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just finished watching the Boston game as I was out earlier and recorded it. Ah, WTF? Never saw that coming in my wildest dreams as a Celtics fan - even allowing for how bad NY have been. The Knicks are an embarrassment to the league and themselves at this stage. Think they'll have little choice but to blow it all up and trade pretty much everyone they can at the All Star Break if anyone will take any of their players.

option 2 is just to write off the season, have Stern rig the draft for them (again!) to get Wiggins or Parker and start from scratch next year.

As a Celtics fan I don't know whether to be happy or sad that they're likely going to make the playoffs and miss the lottery.:confused::confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

buyer95 wrote: »
    They're a comedy show, they're not basketball analysts.
    Yeah it's a entertainment show, But its a bit of sports themed fun. I don't apologize for enjoying it.

I prefer Inside the NBA and Open Court

Because it's opinions of former players rather than journalists who have never played the game. Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith, Shaq, Chris Webber, etc.

Just finished watching the Boston game as I was out earlier and recorded it. Ah, WTF? Never saw that coming in my wildest dreams as a Celtics fan - even allowing for how bad NY have been. The Knicks are an embarrassment to the league and themselves at this stage. Think they'll have little choice but to blow it all up and trade pretty much everyone they can at the All Star Break if anyone will take any of their players.

option 2 is just to write off the season, have Stern rig the draft for them (again!) to get Wiggins or Parker and start from scratch next year.

As a Celtics fan I don't know whether to be happy or sad that they're likely going to make the playoffs and miss the lottery.:confused::confused:

Considering the strength of the draft and how I look at things when it comes to basketball (ie: long term), I'd be disappointed. Let's face it, Celtics might get through a round at best. Go get Stevens another piece to work with IMO.

Regarding the Knicks, they certainly won't get past the first round in the Playoffs if they somehow make it (lol), but tanking isn't much of an option given what they've given up to acquire Melo.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
    Raptors and Kings are near agreement on a deal centered on Rudy Gay, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Oh dear Sacramento.

GOATkins is too much for the Pacers. What a guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Oh dear Sacramento.

His wiki has him playing for SAC already lol

Cant imagine him and Cousins will mix well

His wiki has him playing for SAC already lol

Cant imagine him and Cousins will mix well

Yup, done deal now!
    Kings get Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy & Aaron Gray. Raptors receive John Salmons, Greivis Vasquez, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes.

Now, who's interested in Carlos Boozer? :pac:

• Advertisement

Now, who's interested in Carlos Boozer? :pac:

Watch the Knicks come along :o

Advertisement